11-09-15 08:44 AM
35 12
tools
    Hello to everyone,

I bought the Passport Black instead of the PRIV. There were too many uncertainties and unanswered questions about the Priv. In the meantime lets see what BB can do in the Android market, and what happens with BB10. The Passport is a great phone and should more than suffice me for the next 2 years at least.
    11-03-15 01:35 PM
    1) Why didn't you wait till after the 6th?

2) You taught going with a platform that is in maintenance mode, dependent on hacks into Google Play and using an already two year old runtime gave you more "certainty"?
    Paul86, Tabdus and step07 like this.
    11-03-15 01:43 PM
    If everyone takes a wait and see position you will see the the end

Posted via CB10
    progguy, Paul86 and Tsepz_GP like this.
    11-03-15 01:44 PM
    Cool story bro!
    11-03-15 01:47 PM
    I'm not sure really what the uncertainty is?

Its running a mature OS and if the BBRY apps are crap? Well so what? Plenty of other options on the market. If you also want a keyboard and a mature supported OS not on lifesupport what is the choice?

I actually don't think it's a difficult choice for a certain consumer - I'd get one myself but I'd just too cheap.
    11-03-15 01:50 PM
    Patience if obviously not your strongest trait.

However, I don't think you will regret your decision; the Passport is an amazing device. I would love to have the Slider but there are many things that are worth waiting to find out, for sure.
    11-03-15 01:51 PM
    Hello to everyone,

I bought the Passport Black instead of the PRIV. There were too many uncertainties and unanswered questions about the Priv. In the meantime lets see what BB can do in the Android market, and what happens with BB10. The Passport is a great phone and should more than suffice me for the next 2 years at least.
    Lmao. You wait until the phone actually comes out. Some people nowadays are unreal.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:51 PM
    Yep, Passport is a known commodity.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-03-15 01:56 PM

Its running a mature OS and if the BBRY apps are crap? Well so what? Plenty of other options on the market. If you also want a keyboard and a mature supported OS not on lifesupport what is the choice?

I actually don't think it's a difficult choice for a certain consumer - I'd get one myself but I'd just too cheap.
    The apps available are not crap in the meantime and every Android app I have on my Passport runs without issue (except for the fact that sometimes they can be sneaky and run in the background but that is probably how they run on Android itself anyway). There are some things that BB10 will continue to do better than Android regardless of the 'maturity' of the OS and an informed consumer will take all the pros and cons into consideration. I don't think the OP made a bad choice at all.

Another thing worth waiting on is the chance that BlackBerry might release a second iteration of the Priv in the not so distant future. I have the original Passport and would love to have the Silver Edition instead but, obviously, I can't justify that purchase right now. It's the same as an iPhone or Galaxy user waiting for the "S" variant. Personally, I would love to have a PRIV SE.
    Fernando Martin and cgk like this.
    11-03-15 01:58 PM
    The apps available are not crap in the meantime and every Android app I have on my Passport runs without issue (except for the fact that sometimes they can be sneaky and run in the background but that is probably how they run on Android itself anyway). There are some things that BB10 will continue to do better than Android regardless of the 'maturity' of the OS and an informed consumer will take all the pros and cons into consideration. I don't think the OP made a bad choice at all.
    The choice the op made on device is down to them and I don't generally comment upon - I just question there is some great uncertainty about the Priv - it's a fairly stock android device and will work as well as pretty much any other stock android device out of the box. Nobody is going to buy one and find any great surprises or omissions - that's the whole point behind BBRY being a client nation of King Google - to have a phone with an OS that people actually buy in significant numbers.

Another thing worth waiting on is the chance that BlackBerry might release a second iteration of the Priv in the not so distant future. I have the original Passport and would love to have the Silver Edition instead but, obviously, I can't justify that purchase right now. It's the same as an iPhone or Galaxy user waiting for the "S" variant. Personally, I would love to have a PRIV SE.
    that's a fair point..
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    11-03-15 02:02 PM
    Hello to everyone,

That's understandable. At least you kept your purchase within BlackBerry. Better than complaining about the device that hasn't been released you went and bought something for your needs. Kudos
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    11-03-15 02:05 PM
    I'm keeping the Passport for now as well. I am not convinced in the PRIV at this stage and I don't want to be beta testing BlackBerry's forays into Android. Who knows, maybe once I try it in person I may change my mind but for now Passport is it. I use an iPhone 6s Plus anyway in addition to the Passport so whenever I have an app deficiency (not that common), I can always resort to the iPhone.
    11-03-15 02:27 PM
    I'm looking forward to trying the Priv but not sure it will overtake my Passport as a daily driver. OP, you can't go wrong with the Passport. Still my favorite phone out, we'll see if that changes next week.
    11-03-15 02:32 PM
    1) Why didn't you wait till after the 6th?
    Because I am using it in Argentina, and I already know for a fact the passport works with movistar, and I can do any updates if they come. With the Priv it is not certain that I will be able to updates through BB Desktop Software.

2) You taught going with a platform that is in maintenance mode, dependent on hacks into Google Play and using an already two year old runtime gave you more "certainty"?
    I actually may try and see if I can do without anything google on my passport.
    11-03-15 02:51 PM
    PP, Z30, Classic and Priv on the way. I like to mix it up.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-03-15 02:54 PM

Thanks for reminding me. Price was a factor as well. For less than what the Priv costs, I bought; The Passport Black, a EU style charger (works in Argentina) a sync pod, and a nice leather fold back case from BB. I am not big on Google stuff, although I will admit, I love Google Maps. I am going to try to get by without them. If not I will have perform Cobalt´s method to install them.
    cgk likes this.
    11-03-15 03:00 PM
    I got a lg g4 for £230 - the priv is at least double that - I'd like a hard keyboard but not for that sort of money...
    11-03-15 03:01 PM
    LOL, I think you are right on that one, however, there are other reasons I went with the Passport. Read the rest of the thread.
    11-03-15 03:03 PM
    Chicken . No risk No reward. That's what return policy is for.

Just kidding, enjoy Passport

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 03:05 PM

Looking for sales with a certain consumer is what got them to this point, if the BlackBerry 10 features are done well, awesome. If they are Doon poorly then I would rather use the dying os. I'd rather enjoy all my time with what I like using vs throwing it away and using something new just to not like it. That being said the review and first impressions will make the difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:10 PM
    Exactly, as I stated in my original Post, let´s see what BB can do with Android.
    I don't doubt the phone will destroy Samsung's galaxy but it will have to go through a mile high pile of haters and bad press who hate BlackBerry
    11-03-15 03:12 PM

However, I don't think you will regret your decision; the Passport is an amazing device. I would love to have the Slider but there are many things that are worth waiting to find out, for sure.
    Passport is too big and unattractive for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:12 PM
    Luckily, my VZW contract isn't up till February. I have a Passport in wait. Otherwise I'm in wait and see mode, myself! Will be happy to get back to a GSM system. I'm also looking at maybe grabbing another Z30, as I love mine now!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 03:13 PM
    Do not risk leaving your house either or anything else you might make a decision on for that matter. Stick with what you have and only what you know. Be careful out there, look both ways.
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    11-03-15 03:59 PM
    Do not risk leaving your house either or anything else you might make a decision on for that matter. Stick with what you have and only what you know. Be careful out there, look both ways.
    You´re comparing Apple to oranges. I did leave my house, in fact, I left my country for a business opportunity. .
    11-04-15 06:47 PM
35 12