Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Her phone was eating battery so I did the 30 sec reboot. After the allotted time the screen went blank and hasn't turned on since.
    Any suggestions? I have tried holding a various combination of bottoms but nothing has worked.
    05-02-18 08:26 AM
    Plug it in, and do you see a battery?
    05-02-18 08:53 AM
    I would try plugging the device in for about an hour and see if that allows it to be turned on.
    05-02-18 09:38 AM
    Her phone was eating battery so I did the 30 sec reboot. After the allotted time the screen went blank and hasn't turned on since.
    Any suggestions? I have tried holding a various combination of bottoms but nothing has worked.
    You may have to run an autoloader.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    05-02-18 09:43 AM
    Thanks all for the advice. I finally got it to turn on by holding both volume keys along with the power key.
    Talk about seeing my life flash before my eyes if I couldn't get it to work or have to use an autoloader. Ugh!!!
    05-02-18 10:47 AM
    Yeah, Dude, it's one thing to break YOUR phone, but to break the phone of She Who Must Be Obeyed ... ugh!

Burnt pancakes for breakfast, sleeping with the dog outside ... the horror!
    05-02-18 10:52 AM
    I got an email from a family member who lives nearby (because her DTEK60 wasn't coming on). It sounds like the same type of thing happened. Somehow, I got it going again. I held the power and volume-down keys down for over the 32 seconds. ... and then that first vibration.... Music. I wonder if it just had to settle a little after she had tried to get it going. Who knows.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 05-02-18 at 01:29 PM.
    05-02-18 12:49 PM
    Yeah, Dude, it's one thing to break YOUR phone, but to break the phone of She Who Must Be Obeyed ... ugh!

Burnt pancakes for breakfast, sleeping with the dog outside ... the horror!
    Well I cook the pancakes, and we don't have a dog, but there are many other plagues and curses that can be rained upon my being. She's very imaginative.
    glwerry, FF22, melhiore and 1 others like this.
    05-02-18 12:50 PM
    don't ever tell her you bought your kitchen knife set employed by Lorena Bobbitt used on ebay...
    Smokeaire, glwerry and FF22 like this.
    05-02-18 03:15 PM
    Well, to make amends, and it was her birthday Sunday, I just bought her the BB Motion.
    Guess who gets to set it all up when it arrives Saturday?
    Actually I was planning to get that for her anyway so two birds/one stone sort of thing.
    05-02-18 04:01 PM
    Well, to make amends, and it was her birthday Sunday, I just bought her the BB Motion.
    Guess who gets to set it all up when it arrives Saturday?
    Actually I was planning to get that for her anyway so two birds/one stone sort of thing.
    You better pray that she doesn't know your handle on this forum...
    05-04-18 03:11 PM
    Also better hope that she doesn't find out about those other bottoms you've been holding.
    Laura Knotek and p1800nut like this.
    05-04-18 04:28 PM
    Also better hope that she doesn't find out about those other bottoms you've been holding.
    Lol!!! Didn't even notice THAT typo. Thankfully she doesn't read this forum so I'm safe from any bodily damage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-06-18 10:36 AM
    Lol!!! Didn't even notice THAT typo. Thankfully she doesn't read this forum so I'm safe from any bodily damage.
    You can always count on me to find those kind of typos.
    Laura Knotek and Smokeaire like this.
    05-06-18 04:04 PM
    Thanks all for the advice. I finally got it to turn on by holding both volume keys along with the power key.
    Talk about seeing my life flash before my eyes if I couldn't get it to work or have to use an autoloader. Ugh!!!
    Funny thing! I remembered this comment at a critical moment when I couldn't get my Priv to start last week. I had been on a plane and also in an area where there was poor or no service. So it was being finicky and not functioning well because I had I gone in and out of wi-fi etc and airplane mode. To get it to work more smoothly, I did a hard reboot, holding the volume key down along with the power button for 32 seconds. Then it wouldn't boot up at all. That is when, after wondering if it had died right in my hands, I remembered you writing about holding ALL the buttons down at the same time when yours wouldn't start. I did that and voila--that lovely vibration sound as it came to life! Whew!
    Last edited by Sigewif; 05-11-18 at 03:39 PM.
    05-11-18 02:35 AM