Such a shame that BlackBerry has launched Priv and yet they are on pre order in few countries! Rest of the world is waiting and waiting...it should be available anywhere in the world on stores after launch!

Posted via CB10
    achsfx and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-10-15 03:43 AM
    They can't sell them everywhere at once. Verizon, the largest carrier in the US still isn't selling them till 2016.....
    Mecca EL and dietertong like this.
    11-10-15 05:12 AM
    Such a shame that BlackBerry has launched Priv and yet they are on pre order in few countries! Rest of the world is waiting and waiting...it should be available anywhere in the world on stores after launch!

Posted via CB10
    They don't even have enough for the launch in the countries they did launch the phone in. It's going to be a bit.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kertong likes this.
    11-10-15 07:03 AM
    No good reason about this situation.
    They trust in the Priv or not. If they trust, they have to prepare the sale all over the world.

For me, Blackberry make some try and don't want to spend money in a product they are not confident with the succes.
    We need it, but no way to have more information than continue reading this forum.
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-10-15 07:07 AM
    No good reason about this situation.
    They trust in the Priv or not. If they trust, they have to prepare the sale all over the world.

For me, Blackberry make some try and don't want to spend money in a product they are not confident with the succes.
    We need it, but no way to have more information than continue reading this forum.
    1) No they don't trust it... they have been burned too many times.

2) They don't control it anymore. Chen put most of the RISK onto the 3rd party manufactures, and THEY aren't going to risk very much.

3) BlackBerry's financials are a balancing act.... cutting cost as revenues keep falling, very hard to throw in a major product launch, inventory build up and marketing and... stay out of the RED.

Simply the "cheapest" way to go is a small product runs, sell those and use the proceeds for the next larger product run, sell those and do a little larger product run... and maybe a little marketing. The only problem is with Android Smartphones... the "new" wears off pretty fast. If the PRIV doesn't go on sale until next year in other markets... it will be going up against a whole new batch of next Gen Androids.
    11-10-15 07:30 AM
    There certainly seems to be more demand than supply for the PRIV.

When you don't have enough phones to cover to pre orders and not enough phones to get into hands of retail stores on launch day that is an issue. My area which has 3 stores is completely sold out and not cause of the demand which turns out there seems to be but because the stores only got 2 phones on launch day(Rogers stores not sure about other carriers as I am with rogers). When the stores went to order to fill the demand that they have they are now back ordered till end of November possibly later.

BB finally has a phone people want and can't seem to get them into peoples hands. I guess that is a good problem to have if those people that are waiting continue to wait.
    11-10-15 08:18 AM
    A good problem, but as mention by Dunt Dunt Dunt, the device change very fast with Android.
    If Blackberry don't have enought Priv to sale, one naw product will arrive to keep the attention
    11-10-15 09:05 AM
    They can't sell them everywhere at once. Verizon, the largest carrier in the US still isn't selling them till 2016.....
    America hates blackberry so no big deal in my book... In Europe, Blackberry is seen as a well established "business phone"
    11-10-15 09:17 AM
    All the Rogers stores in my area are sold out.

Good sign but hopefully people aren't buying other phones instead.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-10-15 09:30 AM
    America hates blackberry so no big deal in my book... In Europe, Blackberry is seen as a well established "business phone"
    I'm not sure about that. I'm in the US all the time on business. I still see a few and no one has ever said anything hateful about my phone. That said, it's not really on anyone's radar either.

11-10-15 09:32 AM
    I'm probably going to cancel my order in the next day or so if I don't get a shipping notification from the UK shop bb, im already over it lol, think I'll stick to my passport.

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    11-10-15 09:37 AM
    Well I wouldn't say that exactly, many business people in the US and Europe us BB as a business phone. I guess you are right though, more in Europe left. .69 market share in US and 1.68 in Europe, but can't tell how many are business users.
    11-10-15 09:39 AM
    America does not hate blackberry, if you're going to make a sweeping generalization of the whole country it would be, America doesn't know blackberry makes phones.

Posted via CB10
    tvst28 and BB_PP like this.
    11-10-15 09:40 AM
    America does not hate blackberry, if you're going to make a sweeping generalization of the whole country it would be, America doesn't know blackberry makes phones.

Posted via CB10
    I'm saying because of the countless threads where I see people positng: "uhh, my friends, co-workers and family make fun of me becuase because I have a blackberry...". That would never happen in Europe.

There are many relating "America's hate" twards blackberry. (of course this is a generalization)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...merica-869533/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-853110/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...kberry-814890/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...merica-861391/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...uggles-850991/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-805141/

Where are the threads where other countries hate blackberry? I don't see many
    11-10-15 09:42 AM
    I'm saying because of the countless threads where I see people positng: "uhh, my friends, co-workers and family make fun of me becuase because I have a blackberry...". That would never happen in Europe.

There are many relating "America's hate" twards blackberry. (of course this is a generalization)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...merica-869533/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-853110/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...kberry-814890/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...merica-861391/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...uggles-850991/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-805141/

Where are the threads where other countries hate blackberry? I don't see many
    Haha, you can't seriously be using crackberry as a measure for the whole of the United states... there are 319 million people....

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:00 AM
    Haha, you can't seriously be using crackberry as a measure for the whole of the United states... there are 319 million people....

Posted via CB10
    how many of those "319 million" use a forum? Also I don't expect in the Iphone forum to be a lot of talking about blackberry
    11-10-15 11:51 AM
    All the Rogers stores in my area are sold out.

Good sign but hopefully people aren't buying other phones instead.

I think that is a possibility. I know it is with me. I have no problem waiting a little while but certainly not waiting around till the new year to get one.
    11-10-15 11:57 AM
    how many of those "319 million" use a forum? Also I don't expect in the Iphone forum to be a lot of talking about blackberry
    Exactly my point. If even 1 million of the 319 used crackberry you wouldn't get a good read of the sentiment of blackberry by the population of the US.

It's a very big pie, the amount of people who hate or love blackberry is greatly overshadowed by those who don't even know blackberry is releasing anything other then BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and LazyEvul like this.
    11-10-15 12:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much well sum up about America in general, much don't even know BlackBerry even exist anymore, being over shadow by ios and Android market.

Via BlackBerry 10  Z30
    FCSC likes this.
    11-10-15 01:24 PM
    Exactly my point. If even 1 million of the 319 used crackberry you wouldn't get a good read of the sentiment of blackberry by the population of the US.

It's a very big pie, the amount of people who hate or love blackberry is greatly overshadowed by those who don't even know blackberry is releasing anything other then BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    I get what you mean, but its a generalization in a funky way, is not not suposed to take too seriously when it comes to numbers. It's like calling iphone users hipsters, or the BMW drivers that don't use blinkers, or the "Soccermom" jokes... It's a stereotype.
    11-10-15 01:25 PM
    I get what you mean, but its a generalization in a funky way, is not not suposed to take too seriously when it comes to numbers. It's like calling iphone users hipsters, or the BMW drivers that don't use blinkers, or the "Soccermom" jokes... It's a stereotype.
    I get that your trying to use a stereotype, but its wrong. Most of america doesn't even know about blackberry at this point.

America doesn't hate OR love blackberry, they flat out don't know the company still exists.
    11-10-15 01:43 PM
    I get that your trying to use a stereotype, but its wrong. Most of america doesn't even know about blackberry at this point.

America doesn't hate OR love blackberry, they flat out don't know the company still exists.
    I bet they do... the great days of blackberry weren't that long ago. They just see it has a company that made old phones, just like Nokia.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-10-15 04:53 PM
    I bet they do... the great days of blackberry weren't that long ago. They just see it has a company that made old phones, just like Nokia.
    The great days of blackberry are over 5 years ago at this point, at least in the US.

I stand by my statements.

Most Americans don't hate blackberry, if anything most Americans don't know blackberry is still in business.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:53 PM
    It's a lovely fantasy bug with sales of 800k per quarter across multiple markets a truer position is 'my dad had one of those'. Simple numbers tell you support in any given country is tiny.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    11-10-15 06:03 PM
    The great days of blackberry are over 5 years ago at this point, at least in the US.

I stand by my statements.

Most Americans don't hate blackberry, if anything most Americans don't know blackberry is still in business.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is true. When I pull my Passport out people are always curious and ask me what it is (it stands out pretty nicely because of the red keys) and when I share it with them, they are honestly surprised that Blackberry is still in business. Many have not heard that name in 5 years. I think it's totally off the radar of a lot of Americans at this point other than a few government users. Would be nice if the Priv becomes the re-introduction of Blackberry to the U.S. (and much of the world for that matter).
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-10-15 06:05 PM
56 123