Hi all. I'm new to Blackberry software and haven't used Android in quite a few years. I really like the idea of the Hub, but there's one thing that's bugging me.

The setting to delete messages only on Hub or on Hub and Server seems to be global. I like deleting e-mail on both Hub and Server so I don't wind up with tons of e-mail clogging up my accounts. Text messages, however, I don't want to lose.

It seems, however, that because this setting is global it is deleting my text messages as well when I delete them in the Hub.

Is there any way to have the Hub delete e-mail messages on the server but leave text messages alone? I guess I could disable text messages in the Hub altogether and just use the messenger app, but I really like having everything in one place.

Alternately, is there a way to view deleted text messages in the Hub? If so, that might be OK as long as they were retained for a decent amount of time.

Thanks for any help!
    10-08-16 10:42 PM
    I'm confused email and text message is different things

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-08-16 10:51 PM
    Emails have nothing to do with the text messages !
    If you delete the text message in the hub is deleted for good regardless which setting you have selected for the delete of the emails.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-08-16 10:57 PM
    Correct. This, despite the fact that the stock Text application ("Messages") by default ARCHIVES messages when you swipe them left, and you have to EXPLICITLY delete them.

BlackBerry should consider making this configurable, as there is a hideous potential for trouble here. If you do a mass-delete from the Hub (e.g. select the top date, which selects all, then hit "delete") you really DID just delete all your text messages and they're unrecoverable. MOST email systems can be configured to "move to trash" when you delete, rather than expunge, so in that case it's recoverable on the email side, but NOT on the text message side.
    10-09-16 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll stop using Hub for text messages. I don't want to leave them in my Hub inbox but don't want to permanently delete either. Hopefully BB will provide an archive option for texts or remove them from the Hub but still make them accessible through Messenger.
    10-09-16 09:07 PM
    I believe there are different views you can set up containing what elements you want in them. What I think would be amazing if there was an option to run an account off of the website instead of the app. This way you could delete the app and use the hub for basic messages and access everything else from the corresponding website.
    10-09-16 09:56 PM
    That's exactly what I did. I created a view without texts. Hub still shows that a new text arrived, but I just read it in messenger and the notification goes away.

Odd thing is that there's another thread on here that indicates Hub does NOT delete messages from Messenger. I'd be thrilled if that was happening on my device :-).
    10-15-16 10:22 AM