I thought I had read somewhere that BlackBerry had fixed the no-backup issue with Notes and Tasks, so I went back to using them. Seems they did not! I found out the hard way.... Just lost all my tasks and notes. I can recover from when I moved to the PRIV over a year ago, but unfortunately had created many new notes since then. All gone!!

I've tried many other notes apps... best I've found so far is Color Notes. Accommodates notes, lists, and calendar based tasks (even has its own calendar) It seems blazingly fast and has choice of backup to sd card, email, or cloud. Also can set for auto backup. This will be my goto app ... unless anyone can suggest something better.

But please... until BlackBerry adds backup, don't use their notes or tasks app!!
    01-05-17 05:28 PM
    I don't as I want ability to print. Before my BlackBerry PRIV I was in habit Google Keep. Got tired of and found all others wanting and lacking.

I'd even think Google Docs would work. And Google Drive is what I use for all forms of storage.
    01-05-17 06:33 PM
    I use NoteEverything. You can export and import to some extent.

I really don't understand how you can provide an app like NOTES and not provide some way to backup/restore or sync. It is foolish. I think its only purpose was to give us some way of migrating Remember notes to the new platform. But then leave us high and dry!
    01-05-17 07:04 PM
    Exactly! It should come with a warning
    01-05-17 07:33 PM
    Tasks I actually back up to my semi abandoned Outlook account. Notes I just migrated anything important to Evernote, then OneNote.
    01-05-17 07:48 PM
    I use Google Docs and Evernote, but Google docs doesnt let you make folders for notes. And Evernote recently changed thier policy to allow anyone that works there access to your stuff if you don't pay.
    01-05-17 07:55 PM
    I switched over to Evernote and don't bother to use Notes.
    I still use Tasks and I've even accidentally lost some when I rolled back HUB+ once, but I've been also occasionally using the Google reminder. Just so damn convenient to say "Ok Google, remind me to..."
    andy957 likes this.
    01-05-17 08:38 PM
    I do use Google reminders... so easy.
    I've also used Evernote. Wish it allowed folder and note export to non-evernote destinations.
    01-05-17 10:39 PM
    I love how Google Reminders works seamlessly across Keep, Calendar, and Inbox. It's become my go-to for all things organizational. I make my Task lists in Keep with checkboxes and set Reminders on them when needed.
    01-05-17 10:52 PM
    The thing with Tasks I like is the access via the Productivity Tab. I do wish Google Reminder was able to link to it.
    john_v likes this.
    01-06-17 09:09 AM
    The thing with Tasks I like is the access via the Productivity Tab. I do wish Google Reminder was able to link to it.
    Yeah I ended up turning my Tab off. Would be nice if it did access Reminders.
    01-06-17 09:17 AM
    I thought I had read somewhere that BlackBerry had fixed the no-backup issue with Notes and Tasks, so I went back to using them. Seems they did not! I found out the hard way.... Just lost all my tasks and notes. I can recover from when I moved to the PRIV over a year ago, but unfortunately had created many new notes since then. All gone!!

I've tried many other notes apps... best I've found so far is Color Notes. Accommodates notes, lists, and calendar based tasks (even has its own calendar) It seems blazingly fast and has choice of backup to sd card, email, or cloud. Also can set for auto backup. This will be my goto app ... unless anyone can suggest something better.

But please... until BlackBerry adds backup, don't use their notes or tasks app!!
    Yes, exactly for the same reason I have moved to color notes as well !!
    01-09-17 06:36 PM
    OneNote seems very easy and efficient to me... it syncs (backs up) to OneDrive every time I connect to wifi.
    01-09-17 06:56 PM
    Posted via my old soldier, my BlackBerry Z10!
    01-09-17 09:16 PM

That sucks you lost everything. I was a bit confused about this at first. I have an exchange account that allows syncing of notes so mine are backed up, same with Tasks. If I saved as local items they would be gone. Amazed they haven't put an export feature in there yet.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-17 05:37 AM
    is there a fix for this yet?

i just lost a critical document i had been doing in Notes...
    02-26-18 12:57 AM