Update: is fixed by BlackBerry Team

I can't believe such a no brainer symbol like degree � isn't available on the Priv.
    I thought BlackBerry is the getting things done name in mobile space, but coming from webOS there are a lot productivity features missing.

Seems BlackBerry is missing it for long:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...ol/td-p/751907

I also made this workaround now:

dgr -> �
    pnd -> �
    Bbs -> 
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09-09-16 at 03:12 PM. Reason: found pound :) - degree workaround
    06-20-16 07:04 PM
    webOS symbols, if anyone needs suggestions:

anon(679606) likes this.
    06-20-16 07:29 PM
    Pound is actually there, hold the $ button. And actually in the updated BlackBerry Keyboard, you can actually change it to default to the sign as well, it's under Advanced -> Physical Keyboard Currency Key.
    06-20-16 08:34 PM
    Poundsterling
    Attached Thumbnails -1466474297851.jpg  
    06-20-16 08:58 PM
    Poundsterling
    Hell was late yesterday, should have tested the longpress vkb keys instead of only shortpress pkb keys

$::/�><#–�≠/ⁿ9���⁴⅝6⅞89ⁿ≠–∞�★‡/:;‹�#�》��@,�™D��YL♠�`{<←‰”“&|\♪♥“›�����#�♪ー>“&| \₪�][>`�
    Here ^ they are and much more...
    And you are all correct the currencies are also on longpress €/$-key on pkb including cent �

Now for me really ONLY degrees � is missing

Thanks
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06-21-16 at 02:04 AM.
    06-21-16 12:02 AM
    Hell was late yesterday, should have tested the longpress vkb keys instead of only shortpress pkb keys

$::/�><#–�≠/ⁿ9���⁴⅝6⅞89ⁿ≠–∞�★‡/:;‹�#�》��@,�™D��YL♠�`{<←‰”“&|\♪♥“›�����#�♪ー>“&| \₪�][>`�
    And you are all correct the currencies are also on longpress €/$-key on pkb including cent �

Thanks
    Install another keyboard if you really can't live without it.

-screenshot_2016-06-21-02-31-01.jpg
    06-21-16 02:31 AM
    The beauty of android , eh?
    andy957 likes this.
    06-21-16 02:38 AM
    The beauty of android , eh?
    You betcha.
    06-21-16 02:40 AM
    Thx i'm fine with the wordreplacement solution so far as now it's really only � that's missing for me and having to type "dgr" is OK.
    06-21-16 02:45 AM
    I make these 3 Word Substitution entries for degrees:

deg = �
    degc = �C
    degf = �F

I also make these for the BB logos:

bbl = 
    bbll = 
    gizmo21 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    06-21-16 05:06 AM

$::/�><#��≠/ⁿ9���⁴⅝6⅞89ⁿ≠�∞�★�/:;��#�》��@,�D��YL♠�`{<←���&|\♪♥�������#�♪ー>�&|\₪�][>`�
    And you are all correct the currencies are also on longpress �/$-key on pkb including cent �

Thanks
    The additional symbols shown in a popup when long-pressing on screen on the symbol pages shown with the PKB out should also be accessible with a long-press on the mapped PKB key when the symbol page is still in mapped mode (showing the key hint in the corner.)

For example, '�' can be entered by swiping down on the PKB to show the first symbol page (or pressing sym once) then either long-pressing on the 'Q' key on my qwerty PKB and selecting the character or long-pressing on '~' on screen.

Once you touch the symbols on screen it drops out of mapped mode.

You've probably also noted that you get a larger set of currency symbols from a long press on '$' on the PKB when the symbol pages are showing than when they aren't (when you get a smaller set of the most common ones.)

And yes, we should do something to make the degrees symbol accessible... I can't make any promises about timing of a change for that though.

Regards,
    Mark from BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-24-16 07:01 AM
    The additional symbols shown in a popup when long-pressing on screen on the symbol pages shown with the PKB out should also be accessible with a long-press on the mapped PKB key when the symbol page is still in mapped mode (showing the key hint in the corner.)

For example, '�' can be entered by swiping down on the PKB to show the first symbol page (or pressing sym once) then either long-pressing on the 'Q' key on my qwerty PKB and selecting the character or long-pressing on '~' on screen.

Once you touch the symbols on screen it drops out of mapped mode.

You've probably also noted that you get a larger set of currency symbols from a long press on '$' on the PKB when the symbol pages are showing than when they aren't (when you get a smaller set of the most common ones.)

And yes, we should do something to make the degrees symbol accessible... I can't make any promises about timing of a change for that though.

Regards,
    Mark from BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Raised BSR-428990.
    06-24-16 02:42 PM
    I can't believe such a no brainer symbol like degree � isn't available on the Priv.
    I thought BlackBerry is the getting things done name in mobile space, but coming from webOS there are a lot productivity features missing.

Seems BlackBerry is missing it for long:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...ol/td-p/751907

I also made this workaround now:

dgr -> �
    pnd -> �
    Bbs -> 
    I just borrowed the degree symbol and BlackBerry flying bullets from your post to make new word substitutions. Wanted to make sure I gave you some props.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-24-16 07:01 PM
    Raised BSR-428990.
    Thanks but seems it did not make it to august release. Well Mark said he can't make promises.

Or did i miss it in the sea of symbols...
    08-04-16 12:20 AM
    To access the degree sign, long-press the letter "o" on the VKB. No, it's not on the symbols page as would be logical, but it's there!
    08-04-16 11:25 AM
    Hhm not on mine but there is an locked empty part in my vkb longpress "o" menu so perhaps that it is.
    08-04-16 12:05 PM
    My vkb has Spanish and French as additional languages, maybe that makes a difference.
    08-04-16 12:26 PM
    To access the degree sign, long-press the letter "o" on the VKB. No, it's not on the symbols page as would be logical, but it's there!
    I don't see a degree symbol on my US keyboard.
    08-04-16 03:08 PM
    Even after restart no � on the O
    08-04-16 03:24 PM
    In my VKB settings, I have "Use system language" unchecked, and my active input method is English/Spanish/French. I'm also on Marshmallow, AT&T. The degree symbol is the far left symbol when I long-press the letter "o". Hope this helps!
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-04-16 11:07 PM
    Yes you are right it's there in French but not in English or German, so your's seem to come from the french layout.
    08-05-16 01:07 AM
    Mark could you please pass this ^ one to the keyboard team? And thanks that you implemented it, even only french � atm. And thanks for the space lang switching.
    Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1470377524623.jpg  
    08-05-16 01:12 AM
    That long press_thing for umlauts etc is soooo dumb! Hate it. Coming from a Nokia E Series.... i cant believe BlackBerry is way behind other solutions.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 01:36 AM
    That long press_thing for umlauts etc is soooo dumb! Hate it. Coming from a Nokia E Series.... i cant believe BlackBerry is way behind other solutions.
    Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the Umlaut-Self-Helping-Group.
    We usually meet on regular app-update-cycle basis here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lauts-1057622/
    and there:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-yet-1072670/
    FF22 and bberrist like this.
    08-05-16 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, it's the 22nd Century or whatever. Time to drop those dingles, dongles and umlauts! (just kidding, I think!)
    08-05-16 11:48 AM
55 123