So, I cracked my Priv screen after 9 months, and I purchased a new one immediately just because I like it and I'm used to it. I am not as young and patient as I once was- so I need "THE" solution to get my apps, contacts, wallpaper, widgets, alert tones etc, etc onto my NEW Priv in the easiest and most complete way possible. I've searched the forums and read about the BB Content Transfer app (iffy), some Google "Beam" thing (don't know how comprehensive) and some paid apps (don't see much about them.)
    Please, Crackberrians, what is the most painless way to do this without spending hours? Phone arrives tomorrow. Thanks all.
    01-25-17 06:00 PM
    Sad news.. I don't post often, but my two go to options, which may take a little time, would be Dropbox, or a good file manager app..transfer everything to media card, and transfer card to new phone. Also sharing contacts via Bluetooth for contacts list. Good luck.
    garpt likes this.
    01-25-17 06:41 PM
    So, I cracked my Priv screen after 9 months, and I purchased a new one immediately just because I like it and I'm used to it. I am not as young and patient as I once was- so I need "THE" solution to get my apps, contacts, wallpaper, widgets, alert tones etc, etc onto my NEW Priv in the easiest and most complete way possible. I've searched the forums and read about the BB Content Transfer app (iffy), some Google "Beam" thing (don't know how comprehensive) and some paid apps (don't see much about them.)
    Please, Crackberrians, what is the most painless way to do this without spending hours? Phone arrives tomorrow. Thanks all.
    Sorry about your screen.

If you establish the same GoogleID, your apps will be available for download. Some might even migrate automatically although you may be asked to approve that action.

If you use gmail and sync calendar and contacts those will repopulate after you install gmail into the Hub and opt for syncing.

I'm less clear on Settings for various apps. I don't know if the Launcher reestablishes stuff.

There is a setting to Backup in Main Settings. Can you still use/control the old Priv?

Anything you have in Internal Memory such as photos, docs, pictures, screenshots, you might want to manually move to sd card or using usb, to a computer.

Let's see what others suggest.
    garpt likes this.
    01-25-17 07:20 PM
    Sorry about your screen.

If you establish the same GoogleID, your apps will be available for download. Some might even migrate automatically although you may be asked to approve that action.

If you use gmail and sync calendar and contacts those will repopulate after you install gmail into the Hub and opt for syncing.

I'm less clear on Settings for various apps. I don't know if the Launcher reestablishes stuff.

There is a setting to Backup in Main Settings. Can you still use/control the old Priv?

Anything you have in Internal Memory such as photos, docs, pictures, screenshots, you might want to manually move to sd card or using usb, to a computer.

Let's see what others suggest.
    I use a Google ID, and I have two GMail accounts. That should be good news for me, I guess. Like you, I concur the question marks become what apps will actually migrate, which will be lost, and what happens to settings? I have an SD card with all my music (a lot) and pics, although I assume they will come over stored through Google Pics as well? Also, my custom launcher- does that come along?

The cracked screen Priv is fully usable. I have backup set in main settings. Thanks for your responses, I appreciate it!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-25-17 07:31 PM
    I don't backup to Google Pictures or whatever cloud it uses. I prefer to keep my own backups and the camera saves to sd-card. I was not thrilled when I got a message or popup from Google asking if I wanted to share photos I'd taken near my house with the world. I found it intrusive and cut off all access.

Well, even if apps don't migrate whatever you own are still available for download unless they've been removed from the store.

Launchers, I know little about using the native BB one.
    01-25-17 10:35 PM
    Good news is Google will migrate contacts, Google photos, calendar events seamlessly. Simply log in. (Make sure photos are either synced or migrate via sd. Your apps will be listed in the play store ready for download. Once you download an app, it shows up in the all tab unless you delete your list. Paid apps without annual / monthly subscriptions are yours for the foreseeable future (just need to have a copy in case the developer pulls it from the store. Probably 10 years from now, lol). No worries. It's right there in the play store in your list.

The hub should be easy as you sign into your BlackBerry account. Not sure if settings are retained but the set up wizard takes no time at all.

Save files to Google Drive. You get 15 GB for free. I've switched many times on android between phones. You'll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is. It's a piece of cake unlike moving from BB10 to android. Good luck.
    garpt and FF22 like this.
    01-26-17 03:25 AM
    Thanks for the responses, I will have the new Priv in a few hours and I'll be back if I have any issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-17 07:30 AM
    As you have prob figured out by now, it's going to take hours.
    Call logs and SMS's will not be moved with out using an app. Contacts will only be moved if they are google contacts.
    The is an app called Super Backup that works well, can't remember if it's free or just cheap, (under $2 US). There are prob other good ones, but I haven't tried any others. Super will automatically store your various app settings, (not sure, but the Play Store may also do this)
    It will back up and restore your SMS, call logs, contacts, bookmarks and calendars, (I have not tested bookmarks or calenders).
    Just make sure to set it to back up to SD, the default is to internal. I'm pretty sure it prompts you. Obviously you will have to load it onto both devices, (no you won;t have to pay twice). Restore is pretty simple and quick. It will prompt you to make it the default SMS app when restoring texts, but after restoring it automatically reverts to your original text app.
    Even with this, you have to disable the preinstalled junk, move your apps back to where you want them, redo your wallpaper, and reset up any widgets.
    The BB content transfer app was pretty miserable when I used it over a year ago coming from Z10, I hear it's improved, but it mangled my transfer so bad I don't think I'll ever trust it.
    mariecat likes this.
    01-27-17 06:12 AM
    So where did you send it to get the screen fixed? How much did they charge you for this? I have searched for a new screen to repair a friend of mines Priv, but have only found them on Ebay and by the time I pay for shipping and dollar conversion, its going to be near $350.00 hardly worth repairing at this point.
    01-27-17 08:55 AM