They are probably using the build to order method instead of build to stock. Safer for BlackBerry, but lousy for customers. Mexico 6 perfectly explains the QC issues that people are reporting. I'm having recollections of my Passport fiasco with more than 10 defective devices. I was really hoping these were build with Samsung parts in Samsung partner manufacturing facilities.
    I disagree. I think it is better for customers in the long run. Sure, the early adopters might get some bad units, but within 3 months the Priv will be perfected and the masses can get a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:54 PM
    I disagree. I think it is better for customers in the long run. Sure, the early adopters might get some bad units, but within 3 months the Priv will be perfected and the masses can get a premium device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with exactly.
    11-10-15 03:00 PM
    I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with exactly.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm disagreeing that it's lousy for customers. Long term it's better for the majority of customers.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 03:02 PM
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm disagreeing that it's lousy for customers. Long term it's better for the majority of customers.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I see what you mean. No, I was speaking purely from the order fulfillment standpoint. If they built-to-stock, then they would be easily able to fulfill the expected orders (unless they had poor estimates). While build to order is better overall, some safety stock would not have hurt to save some face. As it stands, this is becoming quite a cruel joke and a repeat of the Passport fiasco https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230885
    11-10-15 03:05 PM
    Oh, I see what you mean. No, I was speaking purely from the order fulfillment standpoint. If they built-to-stock, then they would be easily able to fulfill the expected orders (unless they had poor estimates). While build to order is better overall, some safety stock would not have hurt to save some face. As it stands, this is becoming quite a cruel joke and a repeat of the Passport fiasco https://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230885
    Agreed. We are on the same page.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 03:08 PM
30 12