Hi all,

Some of you might be aware from my previous posts that i pre ordered a Priv from BlackBerry on the 23Rd and also reserved one from Rogers. I picked up the Rogers device first and used it for about 5 days. The battery was draining real fast and noticed the device would still drain slowly if plugged into my car charger or computer. I didn't think much than maybe the Priv has a bad battery.

Anyways i picked up my unlocked version yesterday from fed ex depot and yes it hasn't been even 1 day but the phone charged up from 90 to 100 in the car which wasn't happening with the Rogers version.

So far a couple hours and the battery is holding up fine.

Returning the Rogers device today and I'll be sure to let them know.
    11-12-15 08:54 AM
    Hi all,

Some of you might be aware from my previous posts that i pre ordered a Priv from BlackBerry on the 23Rd and also reserved one from Rogers. I picked up the Rogers device first and used it for about 5 days. The battery was draining real fast and noticed the device would still drain slowly if plugged into my car charger or computer. I didn't think much than maybe the Priv has a bad battery.

Anyways i picked up my unlocked version yesterday from fed ex depot and yes it hasn't been even 1 day but the phone charged up from 90 to 100 in the car which wasn't happening with the Rogers version.

So far a couple hours and the battery is holding up fine.

Returning the Rogers device today and I'll be sure to let them know.
    As long as you turn email sync to Never in hub and everything to Push. It should be fine after couple of days.
    Also turn off updates on weather and sport's apps to manual. Everything should be manual refreshes..

Posted from my Priv!
    11-12-15 08:58 AM
    As long as you turn email sync to Never in hub and everything to Push. It should be fine after couple of days.
    Also turn off updates on weather and sport's apps to manual. Everything should be manual refreshes..

Posted from my Priv!
    If i turn email sync to never in the hub will my emails not come in?
    11-12-15 08:59 AM
    If your email provider has PUSH enabled then yes. Your device will receive new emails most email servers for business do these days like Microsoft Exchange.

If you use free email service like Gmail and outlook, I think you have to use their own apps to get PUSH or keep your emails in the HUB and change sync setting to sync every 1 hour.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:35 AM
    No, setting it to push means your email service will ping your phone when new mail arrives and it'll retrieve it for you. Sync checks at selected intervals and drains battery and uses data.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    11-12-15 09:35 AM
    No, setting it to push means your email service will ping your phone when new mail arrives and it'll retrieve it for you. Sync checks at selected intervals and drains battery and uses data.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    Cool thanks for the tip
    11-12-15 09:36 AM