Unfortunately I got a defective Priv earlier today. Got the unit from at&t on Friday, which of course no one at the store know anything about and they didn't even have a clue that they have it on their backroom. After installing all the apps..configuration and such..this morning the unit decided to went dark...nothing is displayed. I can hear I'm clicking stuff but can't see anything.

Went back to the store, and they asked if I want to go via device support or replacement...so I went ahead and got the replacement. Went home..reconfigured everything and re-update all the apps...and when I went to charge the phone...I noticed a dead pixel on the right side of the screen.

With all the reinstalling and re-updating...I have a dilemma of keeping it or giving up on it...as it seems like BlackBerry is rushing things out and gave in on the quality.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oh by the way, the replacement unit so far is not running as hot as the previous one..even though I'm doing a lot if reinstallation and reconfiguration....so that might support some argument out there that if your unit gets hot easily..it may be defective?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 11:58 PM
    Mine is flawless.

11-10-15 05:32 AM
    Mine is flawless.

Kick a man while he's down lol

ħՖƦⓣ
    11-13-15 12:01 PM
    I have a dilemma of keeping it or giving up on it...as it seems like BlackBerry is rushing things out and gave in on the quality.
    If that were the case, the forum would be filled with threads similar to yours. It isn't.

Anyone else have this issue?

Not me.
    11-13-15 12:08 PM
    Mine is flawless.

Does yours heat up?
    11-13-15 12:34 PM
    I have not had any hardware issues. I have noticed a couple of times the upper left screen doesn't respond to touch, but a reboot fixes it...this has only happened 2-3 times since I got it. With the reboot fixing it, I suspect a software issue that will hopefully get fixed by an update...if not, rebooting every once in a while is no biggie.
    11-13-15 12:42 PM
    I have not had any hardware issues. I have noticed a couple of times the upper left screen doesn't respond to touch, but a reboot fixes it...this has only happened 2-3 times since I got it. With the reboot fixing it, I suspect a software issue that will hopefully get fixed by an update...if not, rebooting every once in a while is no biggie.
    Does yours heat up?
    11-13-15 12:45 PM
    I'm having problems getting any flash drives to work with OTG cable - When I plug it in it says preparing usb device and doesn't do anything else. Anyone else have this problem or did I get a dud?
    11-13-15 12:46 PM
    Mine is great. But the lower volume key is very loose. This key design is garbage, BlackBerry needs to reverse engineer Apple's button design, because every phone after the Z30 has total garbage for volume keys.

Besides my startup program (the first thing you see on first boot) crashing, the phone has been working great, if pretty laggy. But that's just Android being the worst built OS on the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:47 PM
    Mine got really hot the first day but seems ok now
    Will do some heavy testing this weekend

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:48 PM
    Mine is great. But the lower volume key is very loose. This key design is garbage, BlackBerry needs to reverse engineer Apple's button design, because every phone after the Z30 has total garbage for volume keys.

Besides my startup program (the first thing you see on first boot) crashing, the phone has been working great, if pretty laggy. But that's just Android being the worst built OS on the market.

Posted via CB10
    Passport keys are awesome

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:49 PM
    Does yours heat up?
    I have not had any heating issues.
    11-17-15 10:39 AM
    Mine has no button issue, or heat up or dead pixel.
    Damn thing won't die. I've dropped it about 3-4 times already. wth is wrong this this thing. Fell one time from lap getting out of car, 2 times from jacket pocket, and my dog has slam it to floor from table while charging.
    Only issue I have is flakey wireless qi charging at work. Preventing me from getting another qi charger at home.
    11-17-15 10:46 AM
    Mine has no button issue, or heat up or dead pixel.
    Damn thing won't die. I've dropped it about 3-4 times already. wth is wrong this this thing. Fell one time from lap getting out of car, 2 times from jacket pocket, and my dog has slam it to floor from table while charging.
    Only issue I have is flakey wireless qi charging at work. Preventing me from getting another qi charger at home.
    Is charging not working well or are you getting a noise when the Priv is charging? I'm getting the noise, myself.
    11-17-15 10:49 AM
    Wireless charging? No noise just, have to position it a certain way and if I don't get it exactly in right position It does not charge. No issues with a att passport charging. So it is not the charger.
    11-17-15 10:59 AM
    After having the replacement for more than a week, I can say that my replacement unit is still going great. Not generating too much heat...battery life is much better....only that small tiny dead pixel, which it doesn't really bother me that much.
    11-17-15 11:01 AM
    Kick a man while he's down lol

ħՖƦⓣ
    I've been in yer shoes when I got my bold 9900. What was manufacturing thinking when you install a screen visibly crooked.

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 11:02 AM