Its 4:30am right now and I woke up. My Priv was being charged next to me as I slept. I woke up and heard a vibrate. The Priv would vibrate for a split second then stop, vibrate then stop, vibrate then stop. So I look at the phone and notice its GLITCHING. So I touch the device and also notice the Priv is so hot I couldn't pick it up! (Not exaggerating)..

Also while its glitching its showing the Blackberry boot screen with 3 options at the top of the screen written in green writing. I manage to get it to turn off completely and put it in front of a fan to cool down.

:-(
    11-20-15 08:42 AM
    I'm thinking the battery is fried because of how hot this device just got. So hot it literally felt like I put it in a microwave
    11-20-15 08:43 AM
    try pressing and holding down the power and volume down button for 12 secs. That usually restarts my samsung tab s if its ever frozen or anything. not sure if it will work on the priv but i dont see why not
    11-20-15 08:45 AM
    I just turned it on and it seems to be fine. We'll see though, that was definitely not normal
    11-20-15 08:47 AM
    if i were you i would call Chen directly complaining about the issue
    11-20-15 08:47 AM
    Quick charge? Wireless? Regular?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:48 AM
    Quick charge? Wireless? Regular?

Posted via CB10
    Regular charge. I did use a different usb cord that didn't come with the phone and plugged it into the adapter that came with the Priv. This might be the problem.
    11-20-15 08:53 AM
    Regular charge. I did use a different usb cord that didn't come with the phone and plugged it into the adapter that came with the Priv. This might be the problem.
    That could very well be the problem. Apparently all USB cords are not made equal.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:59 AM
    Yeah... it's not like it has been...

At first when Apple got all anal about only apple cert wires etc, I got mad because I was a cheap generic ebay stuff user- but it seems they where properly ahead of the game... as the quality of off market generics have gone very very down while the exacting standards and needs of devices has gone up leading to situations (maybe) such as this.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 09:12 AM
    whats funny is this device gets hot and its runny the 808 I for one that the 810 was the chip that heated like this, and believe me I have had my share of phones but this is just sad the right side of the phone buttons and all get super hot when doing anything like emails and once this heat comes you get the laggy experience right along with it. My deal is maybe blackberry should have asked microsoft to help them get a liquid cooler in their phone like the new lumia 950xl this is nuts. I am loosing faith in the first real Android offering from Blackberry but I am also looking up that the next device and not the veianna something with a real premium non loose, flexing screen offering will be the real flagship this was just a lets get our feet wet with a new device that will suffice for the time being. There is nothing they can do to the priv right now to fix the hardware flaws (overheating, the cutting off randomly due to heat, the lifting of the keyboard etc..) so we have to live with this version of (its alive) for now but anxiously awaiting the real flagship with real metal not plastic and flexi back. And BB loyalist don't attack me I am also a BlackBerry fan but I will not act as if something is fine when it isn't. And I am not new to android as this is my 7 android phone in 3 years. I love the passbook wish that build quality would have come over with the priv hell even when we had our torch its wasn't as flimsy flexi as this and last that screen again this has an awesome screen spec wise there is no reason any phone outside of the galaxy note 5 should beat it because blackberry has this specked out as the top 5.5 inch QHD and PPI out there buuuuuuuttttttttttt put it next to the Nexus 6p which doesn't have nearly as many PPI and case closed and it shouldn't be. Heres to hopping for some fixes software wish glitching and slowing down creating heating is not right BB>
    11-20-15 09:13 AM
    Its 4:30am right now and I woke up. My Priv was being charged next to me as I slept. I woke up and heard a vibrate. The Priv would vibrate for a split second then stop, vibrate then stop, vibrate then stop. So I look at the phone and notice its GLITCHING. So I touch the device and also notice the Priv is so hot I couldn't pick it up! (Not exaggerating)..

Also while its glitching its showing the Blackberry boot screen with 3 options at the top of the screen written in green writing. I manage to get it to turn off completely and put it in front of a fan to cool down.

Run it under cold water. It will cool down faster
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-20-15 09:16 AM
    Run it under cold water. It will cool down faster
    ahhh funny
    11-20-15 09:45 AM
    Yeah... it's not like it has been...

At first when Apple got all anal about only apple cert wires etc, I got mad because I was a cheap generic ebay stuff user- but it seems they where properly ahead of the game... as the quality of off market generics have gone very very down while the exacting standards and needs of devices has gone up leading to situations (maybe) such as this.

Posted via CB10
    For years I've bought genuine BB chargers off Ebay for use with everything around the house. I haven't had BB for about 3 years, but I continue to buy and use their chargers. Very high quality.
    11-20-15 10:46 AM
    About to use the Priv for the first time since this overheat. Really hope its fine. This is my second Priv already.

The Priv was so hot last night that I literally could not pick it up because it burnt the hell out of me. After I finally turned it off , the spot where it was on my bed was hot for an hour later
    11-20-15 03:32 PM
    Use a proper charger. Cheap ones from ebay etc are dangerous.

Via Passport 
    11-20-15 03:43 PM
    FWIW, that would occasionally happen with one of my devices. It did *not* happen regularly, but it never hurt anything. I just had to battery pull (which you obviously can't do in this case) and wait for it to cool down. As long as this doesn't happen with any regularity (1+ / 60 days), I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 03:50 PM

I know that a lot has replied you, however, just fyi in future, as a procedure to fix anything, you should take note of what actually happened - like what are the 3 options, what was written there... etc. That will help a lot.
    11-20-15 04:19 PM
    I know that a lot has replied you, however, just fyi in future, as a procedure to fix anything, you should take note of what actually happened - like what are the 3 options, what was written there... etc. That will help a lot.
    It was very early and I was half asleep. I was just upset and thought my Priv was done for. If it happens again I will note down what it said exactly.
    11-20-15 04:26 PM
    It sounds like it was just the Boot Menu, which shows up when you hold the Power and Volume Down buttons when the phone is off. The three options should have been, paraphrasing, (1) continue normal boot, (2) boot into safe mode, or (3) ..... slipping my mind; either power down or factory wipe.

11-20-15 04:28 PM
    It was very early and I was half asleep. I was just upset and thought my Priv was done for. If it happens again I will note down what it said exactly.
    You can always try to load the Boot Menu (see my post above) to confirm whether that's what it was. It doesn't harm anything.

11-20-15 04:29 PM