At this point as an Android-only company, I couldn't care less if they went out of business. They're useless to me and after dropping their own distinct platform they're not really offering any competition in the marketplace.
    They weren't competing that's why the switch.
    01-03-16 05:38 AM
    The main reason that BB10 fell to less than 1% market share is because of a lot of hate & no marketing. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people using the BlackBerry 10 phone has no app gap but it has been marketed as having a huge app gap.

Then there is also a lot of hate for the brand which is not so readily repairable.

The other thing is probably 90% of the smartphone user population doesn't even know that BlackBerry 10 exist. Probably approximately 75% of the population of IT professionals & mobile device people in the industry haven't heard of BlackBerry 10 yet too.

Posted via CB10
    Hate generated by Intel agencies and marketing lacked by BlackBerry! Scenario is most likely how Soviet collapsed! Sorry for being political but it's reality! There is no difference between NSA and Google!

Posted via Priv...
    arpan_bb and Zeratul57 like this.
    01-03-16 05:49 AM
    At this point as an Android-only company, I couldn't care less if they went out of business. They're useless to me and after dropping their own distinct platform they're not really offering any competition in the marketplace.
    I think you need more than 1% market share to be considered serious competition.

Because they don't offer BB10 you don't care if they go out of business. That sounds pretty selfish to me. I do care since thousands of people reply on BlackBerry for their paycheck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-03-16 06:49 AM
    I would buy a BB10 version of the PRIV but will never buy an Android device, regardless of who made it. I bought into the BlackBerry experience for BB10, not Android. When I can no longer sport a BB10 device, I will go to an iPhone.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 07:20 AM
    Enough already with these stupid threads.Blackberry is a publicly traded company, and has to do what it has to do to survive. No one asked you about the Blackberry Priv, so if you don't like it move on. We don't care if you will move to iPhone. if you are that type of customer that doesn't care if 4 thousand people lose their job, just so you can make a point,then they don't need you as a customer.
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-03-16 10:24 AM
    When Blackberry was BB10 nobody bought their phone, now that it's going android, they still are not buying BB10, so what is the point of these threads with useless comments.
    01-03-16 10:26 AM
    As an aside, BlackBerry stands a much greater chance of retaining and growing their software sales and MDM business if they have a compelling hardware business, and John Chen knows that.

I think it's time for BlackBerry supporters to accept that BB10 will never gain broad appeal and will never achieve 5 million device sales annually. Only a combination of BB10 and Android sales will get BlackBerry to that point.

That's right, brother.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 10:39 AM
    The market has NOT DECIDED we dont want BB10. The market WANTS BB10. Not enough know that and not enough company's want to bring the apps. So BB10 lives on with people who dont needs the stupid social media apps. BB10 is support and loved around the world by the SMARTEST people in the world.

[removed]
    SF mod team edit.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-03-16 at 03:30 PM.
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 02:38 PM
    Android 4 sho better apps with great customization

blackradiant
    01-03-16 02:46 PM
    My number one os is still BlackBerry 10. The multitasking and connectivity with stuff like my computer, stereo and TV is good. I also love the hdmi connection playing Netflix. My second and 10x times lesser security issues then Apple is Android. Still the Hub and multitasking is better on the BlackBerry 10 and luckly I find enough apps to use thanks to Android Runtime. There are so many good apps out there also on BlackBerry World.

So I choose first BB10 and will keep going on with it and I hope they will get BBOS11 with Android runtime 6 to get everyone blown away and also get Android on the Priv and make both icons on both platform the same, not the UI, but just some icons and there you have something news.
    will308 likes this.
    01-03-16 03:21 PM
    Alright, just a soft cleanup review on last page.
    Everybody chills out before I see flames.
    Hammer's ready in case of repetition.

Thank you guys,
    Have an nice Sunday evening !
    SF

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    01-03-16 03:28 PM
    BBX (10) !!! me and the wife haven't gotten the priv yet due to not liking the OS. we have a Samsung Tab S 10.5, but really dislike the android os on the priv. we have "played with it" for about 20min each and haven't jumped on it yet. I could convince my parents and others to get it, but not with android. IF, IF....there was hope to get BB10, or even BB7 on the priv, we would all end up with them. I want a BLACKBERRY, not an HTC with BB on it. If I wanted android, I would switch to Samsung and download BBM.

If you want more apps download Snap.

we will just stick with 4 "Classics" i guess. still a true BB loyalist i guess...........
    01-03-16 04:12 PM
    Alright, just a soft cleanup review on last page.
    Everybody chills out before I see flames.
    Hammer's ready in case of repetition.

Thank you guys,
    Have an nice Sunday evening !
    SF

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Aw come on. I had months paycheck riding on this...OK LOL

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 05:25 PM
    BB10. I have 150 apps on my passport. None android.
    I have to control my phone, files and life, not Google or some app developer.
    I will only use android when I can deny Google and apps access to everything on my phone.
    I am nobody's slave, especially when I pay for the phone and service.
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 07:01 PM
    Hate generated by Intel agencies and marketing lacked by BlackBerry! Scenario is most likely how Soviet collapsed! Sorry for being political but it's reality! There is no difference between NSA and Google!

Posted via Priv...
    I would say that Google is even more dangerous than the NSA because they are more pervasive. They know what you think, what diseases you suffer from or will suffer from. They tell you what you should like and search for.
    They have more infrastructure and control than the NSA.

In theory, the US voter can change what the NSA does, but it is much harder with Google, a private company.

Legislation would have to be passed in all countries to prevent google and other companies from giving users no choice other than not to use any Google services. The latter is becoming quickly impossible, unless you want to remove yourself from society.

NSA does not have the money and infrastructure, but they are piggy backing on Google and Apple's services and US affiliation.

One of the reasons the communist countries in eastern Europe and the Soviet Union collapsed was because you cannot have an entire population under surveillance without the state going bankrupt.
    It can happen to the US and the NSA, too. They are heading that way quickly.
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 07:19 PM
    Bbos , with android apps only!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-03-16 07:19 PM
    BB10. I have 150 apps on my passport. None android.
    I have to control my phone, files and life, not Google or some app developer.
    I will only use android when I can deny Google and apps access to everything on my phone.
    I am nobody's slave, especially when I pay for the phone and service.
    The slave? hahahahah extreme much? Drama queen much?

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-03-16 08:38 PM
    I've moved from a Passport to a Priv a few days ago... and... it's not too bad. It takes a few days to figure out, but after a while you don't really feel as if you're compromising anything.

If they can just polish up the Hub a bit more, and bring BBM Video, I'm good. I must admit I like all the apps I couldn't run before. Oh, battery life could be better, but I think Marshmallow will take care of that.
    I'm also a loyal BlackBerry user. I've put my Classic in the drawer in favor of the Priv.

Great phone and will only get better. People need to move on the droidbb is the future.

I only wish the would reissue the 9900 exactly with better specs
    01-03-16 09:20 PM
    The only reason I'm not buying the Priv is because it's android. If it was BB10 it would be 100% perfect

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 10:42 PM
    There's no competition if the company you're cheering for is running the same software everyone else is.
    BlackBerry realized that in a world where operating systems are free, that's not where the value is anyway. What can be done with a platform is what adds value.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    c1ferret likes this.
    01-03-16 11:23 PM
    Bb10. I will not get any android garbage.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 11:44 PM
    I would choose OS10 as well. Problem is, that Blackberry got more and more weakened in the last years and there was no capacity to bring a phone with Android and OS10 at the same time. That would have make all confident: existing BB-users and new ones.

In the end of the day Blackberry tries to push from a niche to a market full of competitors, where Blackberrys USPs are not requested anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:19 AM
    BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 12:24 AM
    BlackBerry OS10 thanks

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-04-16 12:37 AM
    Spoken like someone who has never lived on their own and had to make a choice between paying the rent and buying a bicycle.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Or I know when to quit. How would you know that though, right?
    lift likes this.
    01-04-16 05:07 AM
161 ... 34567