Strange I have no Android apps or have ever had a need for any.
    I assume you're not a multi billion dollar corporation that has a fiduciary duty to shareholders either. So you're free to do whatever suits you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-02-16 05:10 PM
    To be cheeky, that sounds like something the Borg would utter . . . .
    Or someone that takes 30 minutes to read the history of computing platforms.

Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-02-16 05:12 PM
    Have you seen the financial statistics for Android device manufacturers? Average sale price dropping, profits dropping, heck, maybe even faster than BlackBerry's are falling. I wouldn't focus too much on market share as a determinant to quality, in fact, almost always, it is exactly the opposite.
    Financial statistics and profits have nothing to do with the quality of the OS, but I will agree with you that market share is not always represent the quality, however may be Android is not the the best OS despite its higher market share, but to call it crap is far too extreme ....
    01-02-16 05:29 PM
    So, you want the company to go out of business? You just can't accept the fact that BB10 is going down the tubes, can you? I know, I get it - change is hard.
    Yeah. Better go out of business with your head high than ridicule yourself like they do now.
    01-02-16 06:06 PM
    Apparently, you have indicated that your preference is the BlackBerry Priv. Good. So, what would you like your Priv to run?
    1) BBOS10
    2) Android
    3) IOS
    4) Windows

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry10 of course.

I tried Priv in a Switzerland store and it's a totally different experience than using BlackBerry10.

I feel sorry for BlackBerry attempt with Priv: it's an axcellent smartphone for those coming from Android but totally lacks the flow that Crackberrians are used to with BlackBerry10.

However by using Priv and last iOS 9 I realized that although at the base it's always the best, one year of waiting made BlackBerry10 become old and it MUST be further refinished.
    01-02-16 06:25 PM
    To me blackberry was not the same when they moved away from BBOS. 😉
    01-02-16 06:30 PM
    Bb10. If i wanted anything else i would have gone there a long time ago.
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 07:28 PM
    Yeah. Better go out of business with your head high than ridicule yourself like they do now.
    Spoken like someone who has never lived on their own and had to make a choice between paying the rent and buying a bicycle.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-02-16 08:25 PM
    Strange I have no Android apps or have ever had a need for any.
    For some reason your post reminds me of this video.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-02-16 09:25 PM
    having used priv from day 1 imho I belive bb10 is far far better than droid .......................so its bb10 all the way (oh and back to using my passport)
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 09:29 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Priv running Microsoft Bob.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-16 09:49 PM
    In which case you can stay with BlackBerry OS 10 until your smartphone reaches its end of life. Many of the stalwart "BlackBerry or nothing" organisations moved to other platforms as organisation-issued devices or through BYOD policies. For the few remaining organisations with a "BlackBerry only" policy you might see BlackBerry provide "free" BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones for each BES licensed user with a yearly support contract equivalent to the MSRP which of course will no longer be available to the public in addition to the fee for BES services. For the public BlackBerry will offer BlackBerry Android smartphones.
    Well thank you very much, I plan on continuing with REAL Blackberry's as long as they make them. No stinking Android for me.
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 09:51 PM
    I assume you're not a multi billion dollar corporation that has a fiduciary duty to shareholders either. So you're free to do whatever suits you.

And yet another poster I can thank for doing what I want.
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 09:53 PM
    For some reason your post reminds me of this video.

Thank you, may just switch to one of those nice flip phones as an upgrade over Android.
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 09:58 PM
    Thank you, may just switch to one of those nice flip phones as an upgrade over Android.
    Glad you laughed, hoped you would enjoy and not think I was being mean.

01-02-16 10:07 PM
    The Priv runs Android. People's preference for the Priv is based on the device and the OS. There are those, however, who would also chose a Priv running BB10. No chance of BlackBerry releasing an iOS or Windows device, so I struggle with the point of including those as options.

Posted via Passport CB10
    BlackBerry could've incredibly increased sales by offering BOTH choices. Select a specific model in any region for Android by BlackBerry or BB10 OR as an alternative offer through shop BlackBerry the BB10 Priv ONLY! This would reap full cost to production benefits of BB10.

BlackBerry should heavily consider this option and Fast! This End all Be All is killing existing users perception of the future choice of BB10 with BlackBerry and then considering alternative choices to go elsewhere with iOS and Android. Personally for me to want Android I feel best screen size was the LG Nexus 4 at 4.67" or the Sony Xperia Z5 /Z5 Compact at 4.6" the latter offering much more value to me as a home gamer on PS4 for remote play, polished iOS, finger print scanner and digital wallet which is supported in Toronto vendors (about 20+ currently), and OIS + 4K video recording with 6 element lens'. Sony has to fine tune camera app but their the best hardware camera sensor in the business and quite honestly I like that design more than the Priv. I have accessibility options as well beyond BB10 and Priv provide something everyone should consider as you never know what life brings.

IOS leads with accessibility hardware choices and options within the core iOS and their building HUGE loyalty points. The scarry thing where they could up heave QNX in automotive core systems is not only is iOS like OSX a position systme kernel like QNX, is that if Apple begins huge push for accessibility options in cars and aftermarket hardware add-ons lime wheel chair access Lil people driver augmentation etc etc improve and partners with Apple we'd have a HUGE upset in the balance on a very short time.

50k + students in K12 in the USA are Sent to specific schools just for the hearing impaired very year for the school year. The majority of their teachers are also hearing impaired and previously where k12 students at these schools. They used to use SideKicks (u know the ghetto BlackBerry devices from Danger Inc which their designer went to Palm and then Google via Android). Parents used to use sidekicks specific teletalk feature app tied into a specific nationwide service. They where we'll served if not also segregated. BBM video chat was late in the game, iMessage video change specifically featured a hearing impaired guy saying I love you in sign to his girl over video chat. No more segregation.

I tried iPhone 6 secondarily for three weeks great hardware but it's design is cumbersome for the OS, the IS is not refined to take advantage of the screen resolution or size. 6Plus or 6SPlus is even worse, horrendous really. BUY the core OS has a LOT more potential than the common user uses it for. BlackBerry for visually impaired is great with physical keyboard but how well can the system adapt when the users needs change?!?

BlackBerry is in health and Medical yet they completely miss this ground step before jumping and harping abut security.

What I'm saying is BlackBerry needs to offer MORE to the end use that they actually can use NOT just the government and experience echelon corporate peeps.

вιaсĸвεггч� Z10 via CB10 (Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639) on BES12
    BB_PP likes this.
    01-02-16 10:26 PM
    the most productivity OS for BB was BB 7 os
    I agree they should have waite to bring out a full touch OS instead of bringing a haft a$$ BB10. It might have allow more time to switch OS07 to Qnx
    01-02-16 10:52 PM
    Look, You are the one that can't accept the fact that most people here at CrackBerry obviously want BB10 way more than android. BB10 is a great OS and BlackBerry should have made the Priv with BB10 and available as an option, android. In other words you should have been able to order the device with android or BB10. If you can't see that android is crap and most here don't want it and only bought the Priv as a last resort to help BlackBerry then you are the one that has an issue.
    I see a lot of people here on iMore. BB10 and iOS are the best out there. android is crap and cheap (most of the time).
    Actually dude.. You don't get it.

The real problem here is you're mad that you can't get the fantastic Priv form factor because it runs Android which you don't like for reasons which I'm sure for the most part are unfounded (but that's another story). Not that BlackBerry made a mistake. Not that most people as you claim supposedly don't want android. A recent survey by Mobile Nations already proves you're wrong and you're merely basing your imaginary facts on sentiment. Dispute it all you want but numbers don't lie.

BlackBerry over the last 3 years have released touch and keyboard devices for everyone and even innovated with the Passport. Yet.. Fail, fail, fail.

Most of the people on Crackberry actually have left over the years with more to follow. Lord have mercy even Kevin Michaluk more or less.. Left.

You can remain stubborn and stay stuck on an OS with no developer support and has to build their own apps for fb, Twitter, instagram, YouTube etc.. Has to sideload android apps that only work when they feel like working, makes no money, is not any better than the other OS's out there and very unsatisfying in many other ways for over 99% of the smartphone population. That's your prerogative. You're wrong but that's fine as long as you're only crippling your productivity and not getting good value for your own spent money.

BlackBerry pulled a smart move and invested their resources in a fantastic form factor and made sure they put an OS in it that at least people will want to use. Your sentiments have and will never pay for the lost jobs of the loads of laid off BlackBerry staff that tried to cater to your irrational and selfish personal preference.

I came from 5 bbos phones thru BlackBerry10 ala z10 and Passport. I'm now on the Priv but I used to be like you. Sitting there watching, grumbling and wishing I had what the other guy had access to but was to stubborn to move on.

The Priv is fantastic and Android is too. Much respect to John Chen for making a real decision to do better and ignore the diehards (just like the BlackBerry founders were) who are too stuck in their ways and cannot see the need for change.

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    01-03-16 12:24 AM
    I've moved from a Passport to a Priv a few days ago... and... it's not too bad. It takes a few days to figure out, but after a while you don't really feel as if you're compromising anything.

If they can just polish up the Hub a bit more, and bring BBM Video, I'm good. I must admit I like all the apps I couldn't run before. Oh, battery life could be better, but I think Marshmallow will take care of that.
    01-03-16 01:40 AM
    Honestly, I don't really care what my Priv runs, as long as it's something that results in the company doing well and continuing to compete.
    There's no competition if the company you're cheering for is running the same software everyone else is.
    01-03-16 02:00 AM
    So, you want the company to go out of business? You just can't accept the fact that BB10 is going down the tubes, can you? I know, I get it - change is hard.
    At this point as an Android-only company, I couldn't care less if they went out of business. They're useless to me and after dropping their own distinct platform they're not really offering any competition in the marketplace.
    markus2107 and lift like this.
    01-03-16 02:03 AM
    At this point as an Android-only company, I couldn't care less if they went out of business. They're useless to me and after dropping their own distinct platform they're not really offering any competition in the marketplace.
    Absolutely!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 02:37 AM
    Exactly! I just want an OS10 phone!
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 03:45 AM
    A recent survey by Mobile Nations already proves you're wrong and you're merely basing your imaginary facts on sentiment. Dispute it all you want but numbers don't lie.
    This survey was bull**** and completely misinterpreted. The survey itself rather says that there aren't that many people out there, looking forward to buy the PRIV.
    lift likes this.
    01-03-16 03:51 AM

There's a reason why BlackBerry fell to less than 1% of market share.... yes, read that again.... less than 1% of market share... it was primarily because of BB10.
    The main reason that BB10 fell to less than 1% market share is because of a lot of hate & no marketing. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people using the BlackBerry 10 phone has no app gap but it has been marketed as having a huge app gap.

Then there is also a lot of hate for the brand which is not so readily repairable.

The other thing is probably 90% of the smartphone user population doesn't even know that BlackBerry 10 exist. Probably approximately 75% of the population of IT professionals & mobile device people in the industry haven't heard of BlackBerry 10 yet too.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 05:34 AM
161 ... 23456 ...