A Blackberry should run a Blackberry OS BB10. I would take BB7.1 over Android.
    I am in complete agreement. A BB running Android is akin to Levis and Tumi made in China. Or predominantly quartz Rolex's. Realise I am in the minority.
    acovey likes this.
    01-01-16 11:39 PM
    Android is the only logical choice really. It's the only licenseable OS that has broad third party support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    paulbbp likes this.
    01-01-16 11:51 PM
    Attachment 386290

+ Happy new year to all !
    No drugs just common sense.
    01-02-16 12:11 AM
    Android is the only logical choice really. It's the only licenseable OS that has broad third party support.

Strange I have no Android apps or have ever had a need for any.
    lift, Flatman and TheAuthority like this.
    01-02-16 12:15 AM
    Android auto is the future of cars! So everyone's gonna want an android so the 86% market share should slightly go up!

Apple car play socks! Blackberry won't make their own

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-02-16 12:33 AM

To be cheeky, that sounds like something the Borg would utter . . . .
    scorepion likes this.
    01-02-16 04:12 AM
    the most productivity OS for BB was BB 7 os
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-02-16 07:15 AM
    Is there any concrete evidence that the Priv is outselling the BB10 devices? I just cannot read the threads that try to guess sales, too much guesstimating for me.
    That's not the problem.
    Problem is BB10 sales never were enough to reach profitability. And they were decreasing.
    If Priv and next device aren't better (I believe it is/will) that's just the end of smartphones (not hardware) in-house division. So, anyhow you take it, Priv means there's an alternative right now and there will be probably more devices in the future.
    Shall Priv not been released, then the announcement would have been : "sorry, gotta go : end of game".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-02-16 07:16 AM
    Blackberry is not the same without BB10. Its just another maker of Android phones. Just add them to the long line of companies that make Android phones.
    I know they are shifting their business to more enterprise services but that has nothing to do with me. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. I got to know Blackberry by their phones, 1st with OS7 than with BB10. Now that BB10 is done and I absolutely can't stand Android, my relationship will be done with BB as soon my Z30(my favorite phone of all-time) dies.
    01-02-16 07:25 AM
    Blackberry is not the same without BB10. Its just another maker of Android phones. Just add them to the long line of companies that make Android phones.
    I know they are shifting their business to more enterprise services but that has nothing to do with me. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. I got to know Blackberry by their phones, 1st with OS7 than with BB10. Now that BB10 is done and I absolutely can't stand Android, my relationship will be done with BB as soon my Z30(my favorite phone of all-time) dies.
    I'm pretty much in the same sinking ship as you.

Sad really because I enjoy BB10 on hardware like the Z30. Going to be hard to get a phone that has both fantastic battery life and and speaker quality for a reasonable price.

As long as the Android apps I do have installed continue to work, I'll hang on to my Z30 until such a time the Priv pricing drops or BlackBerry comes out with a Z30 Android successor.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-02-16 08:25 AM
    That's not the problem.
    Problem is BB10 sales never were enough to reach profitability. And they were decreasing.
    If Priv and next device aren't better (I believe it is/will) that's just the end of smartphones (not hardware) in-house division. So, anyhow you take it, Priv means there's an alternative right now and there will be probably more devices in the future.
    Shall Priv not been released, then the announcement would have been : "sorry, gotta go : end of game".
    I for one have always believed in the possibility of profitability even with very small sales of BB10 devices. I also believe Android makes this "easier". But, they must execute to near perfection at their size. Any niche they can carve out can quickly be invaded by large companies that see long term opportunity or by invaders from the Far East wanting to make a quick billion.

Making a name for themselves in Design, Quality or having a product others just cannot make paired with near perfect execution is all they have.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-02-16 09:02 AM
    Look, You are the one that can't accept the fact that most people here at CrackBerry obviously want BB10 way more than android. BB10 is a great OS and BlackBerry should have made the Priv with BB10 and available as an option, android. In other words you should have been able to order the device with android or BB10. If you can't see that android is crap and most here don't want it and only bought the Priv as a last resort to help BlackBerry then you are the one that has an issue.
    I see a lot of people here on iMore. BB10 and iOS are the best out there. android is crap and cheap (most of the time).
    There you go. This guy gets it. BlackBerry should have tested the market with the option of BBOS10 or Android. Those out there who are buying Priv's to keep BlackBerry alive, are killing OS10 and BlackBerry will (has) become just another Android phone maker.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-02-16 09:38 AM
    Apparently, you have indicated that your preference is the BlackBerry Priv. Good. So, what would you like your Priv to run?
    1) BBOS10
    2) Android
    3) IOS
    4) Windows

Posted via CB10
    So BB selling a few hundred handsets is showing a preference? I hate to point this out but, The market has shown that the preference is anything BUT Blackberry. This is sad because they had the market to themselves. This company has made NOTHING but bad choices for the last 8-10 years. In technology, That equals death.
    01-02-16 09:56 AM
    I for one have always believed in the possibility of profitability even with very small sales of BB10 devices. I also believe Android makes this "easier". But, they must execute to near perfection at their size. Any niche they can carve out can quickly be invaded by large companies that see long term opportunity or by invaders from the Far East wanting to make a quick billion.

Making a name for themselves in Design, Quality or having a product others just cannot make paired with near perfect execution is all they have.
    If they have to what you say, They're done. BB and perfection don't go hand in hand. If you doubt this, Look at the comments on build quality on the Priv
    01-02-16 09:59 AM
    BB10. Suffering through BB10 detox and the pain of the downgrade to Android on my PRIV...
    01-02-16 12:01 PM
    Apparently, you have indicated that your preference is the BlackBerry Priv. Good. So, what would you like your Priv to run?
    1) BBOS10
    2) Android
    3) IOS
    4) Windows

Posted via CB10
    The Priv runs Android. People's preference for the Priv is based on the device and the OS. There are those, however, who would also chose a Priv running BB10. No chance of BlackBerry releasing an iOS or Windows device, so I struggle with the point of including those as options.

Posted via Passport CB10
    01-02-16 12:06 PM
    There you go. This guy gets it. BlackBerry should have tested the market with the option of BBOS10 or Android. Those out there who are buying Priv's to keep BlackBerry alive, are killing OS10 and BlackBerry will (has) become just another Android phone maker.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has been 'testing the market' by offering various devices running BB10 since the release of the Z10. Several with several without keyboards. From simple and affordable to unique and premium. Each new release is met with fewer and fewer sales than the last. BB10 has largely been rejected by the market, as much as I personally love BB10.

If I was running BlackBerry, I would have ditched BB10 long before getting to less than 1% market share. Sometimes, in business, you have to put your pride and your emotions aside and follow the money. Releasing an Android device positions BlackBerry to compete for device sales within the massive marketshare of Android device sales. If they become the 3rd or 4th largest Android device maker, they will be exponentially more successful at sales than they are now.

As an aside, BlackBerry stands a much greater chance of retaining and growing their software sales and MDM business if they have a compelling hardware business, and John Chen knows that.

I think it's time for BlackBerry supporters to accept that BB10 will never gain broad appeal and will never achieve 5 million device sales annually. Only a combination of BB10 and Android sales will get BlackBerry to that point.

Posted via Passport CB10
    Wezard, ajwan, gugomat and 1 others like this.
    01-02-16 12:15 PM

Broad third party support??? Although so called "third party support" is hired by Google in white sheets!

Posted via Priv...
    01-02-16 12:21 PM
    If they have to what you say, They're done. BB and perfection don't go hand in hand. If you doubt this, Look at the comments on build quality on the Priv
    A vocal minority. That is unfortunately how the internet works. The lack of accountability tends toward the negative.
    01-02-16 12:45 PM
    In which case you can stay with BlackBerry OS 10 until your smartphone reaches its end of life. Many of the stalwart "BlackBerry or nothing" organisations moved to other platforms as organisation-issued devices or through BYOD policies. For the few remaining organisations with a "BlackBerry only" policy you might see BlackBerry provide "free" BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones for each BES licensed user with a yearly support contract equivalent to the MSRP which of course will no longer be available to the public in addition to the fee for BES services. For the public BlackBerry will offer BlackBerry Android smartphones.
    01-02-16 12:48 PM
    Broad third party support??? Although so called "third party support" is hired by Google in white sheets!

Posted via Priv...
    Don't forget "the plan" which is way beyond smartphones. Ever tried to connect anything to BB10 beyond the N-1 gen of BT and wifi devices ?
    There's nothing "connected" today that reach the market without Android support. That is my perception of "third party" but you can of course add software to the list ...
    01-02-16 12:49 PM
    In which case you can stay with BlackBerry OS 10 until your smartphone reaches its end of life.
    Absolutely.
    acovey likes this.
    01-02-16 12:52 PM
    But they still wouldn't have app support. That wouldn't have changed.
    Not let's move on. Thread over

Productivity via THE PRIV
    01-02-16 02:37 PM
    1) BBOS10
    2) Android
    3) IOS
    4) Windows

Posted via CB10
    Of course BB10 ! Any serious person who wants to get the job done, after using a BB never goes back, if so, he/she always returns. I know people whom work platform is totally iOS, but still can ditch their BB, who would say it
    acovey likes this.
    01-02-16 05:02 PM
    Exactly the same for me.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    01-02-16 05:07 PM
161 12345 ...