I'm going to assume based on the carrier marketing date starts the 29th so I'm assuming it will be this week.
    I'm betting my money on the reveal being done by Google at their event on the 29th.

I still think this device will be branded as a nexus device. How sweet would a "Blackberry Nexus" as a flagship phone for Android for Work be!

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-22-15 05:01 PM
    I'm betting my money on the reveal being done by Google at their event on the 29th.

I still think this device will be branded as a nexus device. How sweet would a "Blackberry Nexus" as a flagship phone for Android for Work be!

Posted via CB10
    Do nexus ever have SD card slots?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 05:02 PM
    I thought the 23 was just about dc2000 telling us more information about the device and not a launch date xD
    09-22-15 05:03 PM
    All BB10 users in US know patience... can you say update by AT&T????
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 05:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure of all nexus devices, but the nexus 4 did not.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nexus devices do not have SD card slots.

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe that this is going to happen. I just don't see the incentive. The other thing is, we talk a lot about Venice this and Venice that, but unless plans for the Venice are the best kept secret in the industry I think you will find that this is just another device launch by BlackBerry and that's it. Even Apple can't keep information about their devices from leaking all over, and they are probably one of the most strict companies when it comes to leaking new product info.
    09-22-15 05:25 PM
    I thought the 23 was just about dc2000 telling us more information about the device and not a launch date xD
    Well, if he thinks it's the 23rd he can feel free to do so regardless of what happens. Right dc?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 05:31 PM
    Honestly imho , i dont want to get my hopes up , i do think this phone will launch before november and not before september, but that is just my speculations and i hope i am wrong.

My friend who tests phones for a carrier says he hasnt gotten his hands on the venice yet so the release might not be as soon as you think for carriers anyways.

I do think John will announce something on the 25th though , 100%.
    09-22-15 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    0.00% this will be a Nexus device. Nexus devices are easy to bootloader unlock and root as the main base of buyers are developers and Android enthusiasts who want the ability to modify and tinker. It's also why the newest OS debuts on Nexus.

BB Android is the opposite of that and it will also come initially with Lollipop not Marshmallow.
    09-22-15 05:50 PM
    How many more hours to go?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 05:54 PM
    How many more hours to go?

Posted via CB10
    About 12h

Posted via my BlackBerry � Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    09-22-15 06:02 PM
    And where is this carrier leak pic dc2000? *suspicious*

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-15 06:28 PM
    I don't disagree with any of this. I think they should have brought Chen in as cfo, put Thorsten in charge of hardware and brought in someone else as ceo

Posted via CB10
    It's always easier said than done. Chen is doing a fabulous job. BlackBerry is no longer focusing primarily on device, just in case you need to be reminded again.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    09-22-15 09:42 PM
    But in all honesty they could of revealed it in August and brought it to market runing 5.1 a whole month sooner and update to 6.0 when it was available.

I still fault them for postponing and ruining a launch, they had the slider in some kind of a form in march... they just sat on their asses.

Chen is great, but he clearly doesn't understand the handset business, period.

An untrained monkey could do better, sorry.

this should should of released 810 or if were going to push it back then do 820+usb type C. I'm so tired of micro usb.. type C isn't hitting the market fast enough, sure we'll all need new cables but that's a small price to pay.

Looking forward to another botched event tomorrow, with them not doing this device justice and probably just revealing it without an actual event.

I'm starting to dislike Chen, he's not what I thought he would be.
    Someone is getting carried away, ain't we? Do you really think it would have been easy to execute the Slider production in just a few months? Have you ever been a Project Manager in your life? If yes, kindly tell us the level of projects you have executed successfully. You think an untrained money could do better than John Chen? Let's hope that tomorrow you are right and haven't been talking gibberish. SMH.
    habs_fan and Resilience like this.
    09-22-15 10:02 PM
    I would hate to see that. A lot of good conversations/information here.

Posted via CB10
    You'd be surprised at what they do and have done... or maybe you're not.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 10:20 PM
    But in all honesty they could of revealed it in August and brought it to market runing 5.1 a whole month sooner and update to 6.0 when it was available.

I still fault them for postponing and ruining a launch, they had the slider in some kind of a form in march... they just sat on their asses.
    They were once infamous for releasing things late _and_ premature. I think they've learnt from their bad experience that if they can't keep up with both deadline and quality, better be late, and mature.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-22-15 10:25 PM
    Not be that guy, but, well, it ain't happening on the 23rd.
    09-22-15 10:29 PM
    Dang, I forget that planet earth only has one time zone. Lots of ridiculously impatient folks in these parts. I'll check in when I wake up... TOMORROW THE 23RD OF SEPTEMBER.

And if nothing happens concerning the phone, oh well. Not the end of my world, anyway.
    09-22-15 10:36 PM
    Someone is getting carried away, ain't we? Do you really think it would have been easy to execute the Slider production in just a few months? Have you ever been a Project Manager in your life? If yes, kindly tell us the level of projects you have executed successfully. You think an untrained money could do better than John Chen? Let's hope that tomorrow you are right and haven't been talking gibberish. SMH.
    Project Manager? Talk about Co-Founder, Operations Manager, and Hiring Manager to name a few.
    09-23-15 12:08 AM
    It's still 7am in Germany now
    09-23-15 12:13 AM
    Tick-tock, I'm looking at the clock. I'm putting my bets on absolute silence come tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:34 AM
    9:12:33 AM, still awake and nothing yet probably going to get some rest and sleep

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 01:13 AM
    If something comes it will be between 8-12am US timezone.
    So in the afternoon for EU

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 01:37 AM
    If something comes it will be between 8-12am US timezone.
    So in the afternoon for EU

Posted via CB10
    Why? The mall opens at 10

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 01:55 AM
    Bet it's 29. Hopefully Google's the one launching it with BlackBerry.
    Noticed a lot of (favourable) coverage on Venice from other tech websites because it's running Android - free marketing!
    ayngling likes this.
    09-23-15 02:32 AM
221 ... 56789