I thought someone said that this was revealed during a conference call and then they went ahead and did a full launch of it shortly after?

Do you have some proof of when it was revealed at those three cities, I'm trying to google it and I'm not finding anything where it would say that it would be revealed outside of a conference call.

I apologize if I am mistaken but based on what I'm seeing and what I heard on this forums says otherwise. I'm interested to see how the passport was revealed. Any links or any helpful information would be very helpful. please share any links if you have them and then I can see what's what.

I'm expecting them to have a huge announcement for this phone as it's the first android powered blackberry and I'm intrigued to see how they reveal this and how they will go abouts making sure this phone gets a full launch and where it will launch and how soon.

Thanks
    Yes, Chen showed off the Passport at an earnings call in June ahead of the September launch, but if you're counting that as an "unveiling," then Ron Louks already "revealed" the Venice Slider back in March. I think what most of us are waiting for is an official media event that presents the device in detail.
    09-21-15 07:25 PM
    I don't disagree with any of this. I think they should have brought Chen in as cfo, put Thorsten in charge of hardware and brought in someone else as ceo

Posted via CB10
    I don't think chens strategic vision for BlackBerry is bad so I can't criticize him as a CEO the same way you do. Demoting Thor woulda been good if he was down to stay (if anyone knows?).

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:31 PM
    Yes, Chen showed off the Passport at an earnings call in June ahead of the September launch, but if you're counting that as an "unveiling," then Ron Louks already "revealed" the Venice Slider back in March. I think what most of us are waiting for is an official media event that presents the device in detail.
    Pardon my ignorance ( and thanks for the link ), I ignored the passport and most other BlackBerry devices unless it was the Q10 and Classic as those held my interest the most, this being another one I'm intrigued by.
    09-21-15 07:33 PM
    What's the relevance of the German pop-up store? Germany isn't exactly the country I'd pick for my grand re-launch of a pivotal product line. How many people look to Germany for smartphone reveals?

I'm also not too optimistic about the 23rd date. You have to remember that the 25th is when the new iPhones officially go on sale. Everyone and their mother will be flocking to Apple products for the next week, not to mention that the iPhone will be the only thing talked about in the major tech blogs.

Edit: Perhaps I'm wrong. BlackBerry does have a knack for picking the worst launch times.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-21-15 09:15 PM
    Bring it, we're all ready and waiting to part with cash!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    MO3iusONE and nonamenomore like this.
    09-21-15 09:19 PM
    What's the relevance of the German pop-up store? Germany isn't exactly the country I'd pick for my grand re-launch of a pivotal product line. How many people look to Germany for smartphone reveals?

I'm also not too optimistic about the 23rd date. You have to remember that the 25th is when the new iPhones officially go on sale. Everyone and their mother will be flocking to Apple products for the next week, not to mention that the iPhone will be the only thing talked about in the major tech blogs.

Edit: Perhaps I'm wrong. BlackBerry does have a knack for picking the worst launch times.

Posted via CB10
    reveal vs launch date is different.

Just because they will reveal it on the 23rd doesn't mean it'll be available the same date.
    09-21-15 09:46 PM

Just because they will reveal it on the 23rd doesn't mean it'll be available the same date.
    Interesting that the 23rd is a big religious holiday for some. If I were in their PR dept, I'd wait until the 24th.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-21-15 09:57 PM

They did that for the passport, announced 5am or 6am? I got it at 10am when the store opened
    09-21-15 10:18 PM
    They did that for the passport, announced 5am or 6am? I got it at 10am when the store opened
    are you talking about sept 24th versus when it was revealed during a conference call...

don't get the two mistaken...
    09-21-15 10:28 PM
    IOS and GPS - whine, whine, it should be BB10 with the Android runtime removed
    Detachable pkb - whine, whine, it would get lost
    $200 - whine, whine, it's too expensive, they should give it away free to existing BlackBerry owners
    Battery life in days - whine, whine, it should be removable
    Dark hub - whine, whine, it should be multi-colored
    Return of the sqircle - whine, whine, it should be 3D

Posted via CB10
    That about sums it up lately on Crackberry
    09-21-15 10:44 PM
    34hrs or so until reveal..
    I stayed away from the forums for a bit, excited it's so close! Will you finally post a picture of what you got to see?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:54 PM
    I stayed away from the forums for a bit, excited it's so close! Will you finally post a picture of what you got to see?

Posted via CB10
    Might not even be necessary as it'll be revealed then. I would of revealed it by now but my job is at stake. Just wait 27hrs... wont be too long.
    09-21-15 11:07 PM
    Might not even be necessary as it'll be revealed then. I would of revealed it by now but my job is at stake. Just wait 27hrs... wont be too long.
    Haha,then let someone else posted j/k
    09-21-15 11:09 PM
    Haha,then let someone else posted j/k
    I was just thinking of doing exactly that. But I haven't made any real friendships on this forum to be able to trust someone. With my luck I'd pass on some info to another employee within the same company who calls in to HR and I get my **** fired. lol.
    09-21-15 11:13 PM
    I was just thinking of doing exactly that. But I haven't made any real friendships on this forum to be able to trust someone. With my luck I'd pass on some info to another employee within the same company who calls in to HR and I get my **** fired. lol.
    Lmao. We're all family here! An anonymous email won't hurt

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-15 11:21 PM
    Lmao. We're all family here! An anonymous email won't hurt

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I learned something, no such thing as being anonymous.
    nonamenomore and anon4226395 like this.
    09-21-15 11:22 PM
    none of us would want that. we just want to know what you do.
    09-21-15 11:37 PM
    He was nice enough to share what he has and is already putting himself at risk. Don't pressure him to do more than he is comfortable with.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    anon4226395 and anon(9186565) like this.
    09-22-15 12:02 AM
    24hrs

already gave some info to someone else in this forum.
    wasnt screenshots but info within the screenshots.
    but you'll all get some info based on the dates i have is sept 23rd... which is in a day or so.
    09-22-15 12:08 AM
    Fellow webOS refugee checking in here.

(get the capitalization right!)
    Yes, webOS refugee as well. Ironically, I stupidly left the Palm Pre for an Android device, which was total garbage, until I fled to Blackberry, and now Blackberry seems to be on the verge of trying to push me right back into that wasteland.

So, this will be twice that I go from a far superior OS to Android. I guess I had better start reading up on Windows Phone so I can ride that one to oblivion as well. No WAY am I ever buying an apple device again.

KAM
    MO3iusONE and Reed Richards like this.
    09-22-15 12:09 AM
    Yes, webOS refugee as well. Ironically, I stupidly left the Palm Pre for an Android device, which was total garbage, until I fled to Blackberry, and now Blackberry seems to be on the verge of trying to push me right back into that wasteland.

So, this will be twice that I go from a far superior OS to Android. I guess I had better start reading up on Windows Phone so I can ride that one to oblivion as well. No WAY am I ever buying an apple device again.

KAM
    If LG (since they bought Web OS for their televisions) were to release a Web OS phone I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Speaking of which, I think LG released a smart watch with Web os.. I'm gonna look into that right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-22-15 12:25 AM
    24hrs

but you'll all get some info based on the dates i have is sept 23rd... which is in a day or so.
    Good thing I have a ton of work to keep me busy tomorrow. It will make the day go quickly. Also, whoever you gave that info to is a lucky person.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 12:27 AM
    If LG (since they bought Web OS for their televisions) were to release a Web OS phone I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Speaking of which, I think LG released a smart watch with Web os.. I'm gonna look into that right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    I would love to see an updated webOS phone. I would strongly consider it for sure.
    I did hear about the watch, but I heard that it is not likely to feel that familiar, and I'm not sure of the availability in North America.

KAM
    09-22-15 12:31 AM
    Chen makes great business decisions. He does not understand the mobile device market and he is not very good at expressing himself clearly (although I am sympathetic to the fact that a part of this may be ESOL). If you want proof that BlackBerry has no one left who can put on a decent device demo/unboxing all you need to look at is the inside BlackBerry blog post unboxing and talking about the passport SE. Compare that to Jeff Gadway, Alec Saunders, Donnie or even Thorsten Heins, all of whom thoroughly understood mobile and had passion for the devices they produced in a way that they communicated something emotional about the devices apart from what the technology was capable of doing.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    well they didn't do much good did they with all there understanding of mobiles did they
    09-22-15 01:02 AM
    24hrs

dc2000 I'm in the uk what time will it be here when its said ?
    09-22-15 01:19 AM
221 ... 34567 ...