The truth always is. It's sad that it always has to be said. Truth is not always like flowers raining upon you. Mostly the truth is harsh. Look at the reality, what's happening outside. (Don't make the mistake and watch the news).

sarcasm flew right by your head, you might still catch it.
    09-21-15 08:56 AM
    I think Chen was a good choice, heck I think anyone outside of BlackBerry would've been good since hiring within wasn't working. Trial and error ito running the company while BlackBerry still can.

Passion-based choices vs business based.

An ideal ceo is someone who's proficient in business as well as passionate to the brand, as well as knowing when a business decision should trump the other when they not coinciding.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:51 AM
    Dc2000 I hate you, no really it's enough, spill everything you know!! :'(

Lol

@ Vegetto not beta testing this device also by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:53 AM
    dc2000 can't reveal the following

It's dual-boot, Android and WebOS, day one purchase for me.
    Just WebOS please

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-21-15 10:00 AM
    are you guys ready for the big reveal this week
    GET HYPE!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-21-15 11:31 AM
    Just WebOS please

Posted via CB10
    Fellow webOS refugee checking in here.

(get the capitalization right!)
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-21-15 03:10 PM
    Fellow webOS refugee checking in here.

(get the capitalization right!)
    Time to pour out a little liquor for my palm prē, touch pad and Trēo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-21-15 03:39 PM
    34hrs or so until reveal..
    09-21-15 04:10 PM
    34hrs or so until reveal..
    Bring it, we're all ready and waiting to part with cash!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    anon(4880485) likes this.
    09-21-15 04:39 PM
    Man, I hope you will announce (hahaha) something really big in two days... like BlackBerry is producing a detachable pkb bb10 slider with ios + GPS apps, priced at $200 (so it will sell well in India), battery life measured in days and of course, dark hub and the return of the original load symbol (I forgot how you guys call it)... less than that people will hunt you down...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:48 PM
    Ios? Puke
    09-21-15 04:58 PM
    There you have it... if you announce a device as I said, this fellow gentleman here will hunt you down hahaha

Ios? Puke

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:04 PM
    Man, I hope you will announce (hahaha) something really big in two days... like BlackBerry is producing a detachable pkb bb10 slider with ios + GPS apps, priced at $200 (so it will sell well in India), battery life measured in days and of course, dark hub and the return of the original load symbol (I forgot how you guys call it)... less than that people will hunt you down...

Posted via CB10
    wont be me, it's going to be announced by BlackBerry. it's the date I have internally. no reason to think it'll be wrong(I was the first one to mention the 23rd well before any "pop up store" was announced!) I believe my source is correct, if it isn't then I'm assuming they pushed it back. But again, date shows 23rd, in black and white in an carrier document that was taken down shortly after(probably because it came out too early)?..
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    09-21-15 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    IOS and GPS - whine, whine, it should be BB10 with the Android runtime removed
    Detachable pkb - whine, whine, it would get lost
    $200 - whine, whine, it's too expensive, they should give it away free to existing BlackBerry owners
    Battery life in days - whine, whine, it should be removable
    Dark hub - whine, whine, it should be multi-colored
    Return of the sqircle - whine, whine, it should be 3D

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:06 PM
    I believe you... I mean, what's the point of putting yourself in this situation if you don't trust your source? At the end, this next announcement will be a big one for BlackBerry for several reasons, so I hope it is for the best... let's see what Wednesday brings... tomorrow will be meditation day...

wont be me, it's going to be announced by BlackBerry. it's the date I have internally. no reason to think it'll be wrong(I was the first one to mention the 23rd well before any "pop up store" was announced!) I believe my source is correct, if it isn't then I'm assuming they pushed it back. But again, date shows 23rd, in black and white in an carrier document that was taken down shortly after(probably because it came out too early)?..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 05:09 PM
    I wonder if Chen will be at this pop up store or is someone else going to reveal it(same guy that revealed it back in March, perhaps?)

I wonder... I hope it's Chen himself. I want to see what he says.
    09-21-15 05:12 PM
    It would make more sense to if John were to announce it especially regarding what's going to happen with bb10.
    09-21-15 06:15 PM
    I wonder if Chen will be at this pop up store or is someone else going to reveal it(same guy that revealed it back in March, perhaps?)

I wonder... I hope it's Chen himself. I want to see what he says.
    I wonder if BlackBerry will have demo units of the Venice available at the Germany Store.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:25 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry will have demo units of the Venice available at the Germany Store.

Posted via CB10
    I think that's the whole point of this pop up store, otherwise why now? why not when the passport se, or normal passport or even the classic was revealed? theres got to be a significant reason, carrier leak shows the 23rd as marketing date, which makes me think the slider will be available rather soon within a week or so we'll either see it available in canada or see it available for pre-order. The leaked units show an almost complete phone, so I know it's probably completed as they have evaluation units out for nearly a month or so for tmobile to test out. final units need to be the same internally from evaluation units or they have to re-evaluate them based on new specs/hardware, right?

I'm trying to fill in the gaps here based on what I know and what I don't know lol.
    09-21-15 06:37 PM
    I think that's the whole point of this pop up store, otherwise why now? why not when the passport se, or normal passport or even the classic was revealed? theres got to be a significant reason, carrier leak shows the 23rd as marketing date, which makes me think the slider will be available rather soon within a week or so we'll either see it available in canada or see it available for pre-order. The leaked units show an almost complete phone, so I know it's probably completed as they have evaluation units out for nearly a month or so for tmobile to test out. final units need to be the same internally from evaluation units or they have to re-evaluate them based on new specs/hardware, right?

I'm trying to fill in the gaps here based on what I know and what I don't know lol.
    It's odd that they wouldn't have a media event for the Venice. Didn't BlackBerry send out invites for the Passport unveiling?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:44 PM
    It's odd that they wouldn't have a media event for the Venice. Didn't BlackBerry send out invites for the Passport unveiling?

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't the passport unveiled during a quarterly announcement call?..
    09-21-15 06:46 PM
    Wasn't the passport unveiled during a quarterly announcement call?..
    No. Launch events in London, Toronto, and Dubai.
    09-21-15 06:58 PM
    No. Launch events in London, Toronto, and Dubai.
    Exactly. It's seems like will get a press release and then maybe a media event later for a full unveil. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:07 PM
    Exactly. It's seems like will get a press release and then maybe a media event later for a full unveil. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Right. Something like this:
    BlackBerry to Host ?See the Bigger Picture? Events on September 24 | Inside BlackBerry

A three week lead time.
    09-21-15 07:15 PM
    I thought someone said that this was revealed during a conference call and then they went ahead and did a full launch of it shortly after?

Do you have some proof of when it was revealed at those three cities, I'm trying to google it and I'm not finding anything where it would say that it would be revealed outside of a conference call.

I apologize if I am mistaken but based on what I'm seeing and what I heard on this forums says otherwise. I'm interested to see how the passport was revealed. Any links or any helpful information would be very helpful. please share any links if you have them and then I can see what's what.

I'm expecting them to have a huge announcement for this phone as it's the first android powered blackberry and I'm intrigued to see how they reveal this and how they will go abouts making sure this phone gets a full launch and where it will launch and how soon.

Thanks
    09-21-15 07:18 PM
221 ... 23456 ...