Who the he'll does blackberry have who could demo this anyway these days? All the passionate and articulate employees were fired or left. I can just picture Chen up there using the device wrong, stutter all the time, essentially looking like my grandpa the first time he picked up a cellphone. Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    I'd like to give Chen more credit.

However, I'd do it!
    09-19-15 04:00 AM
    Who the he'll does blackberry have who could demo this anyway these days? All the passionate and articulate employees were fired or left. I can just picture Chen up there using the device wrong, stutter all the time, essentially looking like my grandpa the first time he picked up a cellphone. Lol

Lol dude what are you smoking? BlackBerry is lucky to have Chen. You do know that he's a legend in the business world right? :/

And no, not all the passionate/articulate employees were fired or left. Plenty of those are left trust me. There is a time and place for everything, and they are keeping mum on this because you only get one shot to make a first impression, with regards to new hardware. Companies like to be in control of when and how info is released, so they can obviously put it in best light. If my buddy at blackberry is any indication, people at blackberry are more than aware of the goings on here at Crackberry

They know exactly how badly we want it, but trust me the wait will be worth it.
    ayngling, 00stryder and will308 like this.
    09-19-15 09:27 AM
    Chen makes great business decisions. He does not understand the mobile device market and he is not very good at expressing himself clearly (although I am sympathetic to the fact that a part of this may be ESOL). If you want proof that BlackBerry has no one left who can put on a decent device demo/unboxing all you need to look at is the inside BlackBerry blog post unboxing and talking about the passport SE. Compare that to Jeff Gadway, Alec Saunders, Donnie or even Thorsten Heins, all of whom thoroughly understood mobile and had passion for the devices they produced in a way that they communicated something emotional about the devices apart from what the technology was capable of doing.

09-19-15 09:35 AM
    Can a mod please fix the title at least? lol
    BCITMike and ayngling like this.
    09-19-15 11:34 AM
    Can a mod please fix the title at least? lol
    What's wrong with the thread title?
    09-19-15 11:44 AM
    What's wrong with the thread title?
    At first it said: "Dc2000 holds the ley" - Clearly this was a mistype and should have been "Dc2000 holds the *key"

Now I see a mod has changed it to: "Dc2000 holds the info" - I'll take this... the mistype was bothering the hell outta me.

Thank you CrackBerry mods.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-19-15 11:49 AM
    At first it said: "Dc2000 holds the ley" - Clearly this was a mistype and should have been "Dc2000 holds the *key"

Now I see a mod has changed it to: "Dc2000 holds the info" - I'll take this... the mistype was bothering the hell outta me.

A ley is temporary grazing land, no? What are we doing here but biding our time, feeding on leaks by Dc2000 and others, until BlackBerry makes it official?
    00stryder and Xaiux like this.
    09-19-15 11:51 AM
    Chill pill taken.
    lmao yeah. sure.
    09-19-15 02:19 PM

grammar became king in this thread and the slider fell by the wayside. lmao CB is straight up comedy nowadays.
    Justin Couto likes this.
    09-19-15 02:20 PM
    are you guys ready for the big reveal this week
    09-20-15 08:32 PM
    are you guys ready for the big reveal this week
    Are you sure it's going to be this week?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:38 PM
    Are you sure it's going to be this week?

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to assume based on the carrier marketing date starts the 29th so I'm assuming it will be this week.
    dusanvn likes this.
    09-20-15 08:50 PM
    Cool. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:00 PM
    I'm going to assume based on the carrier marketing date starts the 29th so I'm assuming it will be this week.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com//repo...click=sf_globe

Security may be the thing that really pushes this BlackBerry Android. Apps, Security and decent specs...

Dc2000 - bring on the announcement...

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-20-15 09:02 PM
    Apple?s iOS App Store suffers first major cyber attack - The Globe and Mail

Security may be the thing that really pushes this BlackBerry Android. Apps, Security and decent specs...

Dc2000 - bring on the announcement...

Posted via CB10
    So this is going to be my assumption based on the marketing date: Sept 29th - which is the same date Google as their announcement, ironically maybe they'll have their own thing that date. But, inventory fulfill date shows the 23rd (which is funny enough to be the date the german BlackBerry store opens).

You guys connect the dots..... because I can only assume it'll be this week, especially with the Q2 Announcement on the 25th... and I guess thats when the Passport came to fruition on a conference call... and with all the leaks I can only guess this would be on point.

Cheers!
    swishhh, dusanvn and 00stryder like this.
    09-20-15 09:19 PM
    So this is going to be my assumption based on the marketing date: Sept 29th - which is the same date Google as their announcement, ironically maybe they'll have their own thing that date. But, inventory fulfill date shows the 23rd (which is funny enough to be the date the german BlackBerry store opens).

You guys connect the dots..... because I can only assume it'll be this week, especially with the Q2 Announcement on the 25th... and I guess thats when the Passport came to fruition on a conference call... and with all the leaks I can only guess this would be on point.

Cheers!
    Wooohooo! I bet on 23 Sept
    nonamenomore and tufcustomer like this.
    09-20-15 09:22 PM
    Chen makes great business decisions. He does not understand the mobile device market and he is not very good at expressing himself clearly (although I am sympathetic to the fact that a part of this may be ESOL). If you want proof that BlackBerry has no one left who can put on a decent device demo/unboxing all you need to look at is the inside BlackBerry blog post unboxing and talking about the passport SE. Compare that to Jeff Gadway, Alec Saunders, Donnie or even Thorsten Heins, all of whom thoroughly understood mobile and had passion for the devices they produced in a way that they communicated something emotional about the devices apart from what the technology was capable of doing.

LOL he doesn't understand the market? The very fact that BBRY is still in business is proof that he understands it well. He understands it well enough to know that its time to try the android platform. I get a real laugh out of the arm chair CEO who think they know more about the mobile market than these CEOs

There is a reason Prem Watsa went out of his way to appoint Chen as CEO. If anyone understands this situation its Chen. I think you're subtly trying to point out that he doesn't speak fluent english. And yet he has earned the respect of eyeryone in the business world. Actions speak louder than words.

Its this "emotion" that got them in this mess in the first place and I for one am glad we have a CEO that can think beyond the 'good old days' Chen is a professional through and through, and just because he doesn't gush about the devices eloquently doesn't mean he's not passionate. If only you had a glimpse at the inner workings you would understand just what he's doing to keep the handset division going.
    09-20-15 11:20 PM
    LOL he doesn't understand the market? The very fact that BBRY is still in business is proof that he understands it well. He understands it well enough to know that its time to try the android platform. I get a real laugh out of the arm chair CEO who think they know more about the mobile market than these CEOs

There is a reason Prem Watsa went out of his way to appoint Chen as CEO. If anyone understands this situation its Chen. I think you're subtly trying to point out that he doesn't speak fluent english. And yet he has earned the respect of eyeryone in the business world. Actions speak louder than words.

Its this "emotion" that got them in this mess in the first place and I for one am glad we have a CEO that can think beyond the 'good old days' Chen is a professional through and through, and just because he doesn't gush about the devices eloquently doesn't mean he's not passionate. If only you had a glimpse at the inner workings you would understand just what he's doing to keep the handset division going.
    BlackBerry is still in the game due to its cash position when it started failing.

You can't tell me a single device that has come out since thorsten was forced to leave has 'kept BlackBerry in the game.'

He doesn't understand the mobile device market.

He understands the enterprise software market. So he is pivoting BlackBerry towards what he understands. Stupid decision to pull in that kind of a CEO if you ask me.

09-20-15 11:41 PM
    Stupid decision to pull in that kind of a CEO if you ask me.

harsh dude.
    09-20-15 11:50 PM
    BlackBerry is still in the game due to its cash position when it started failing.

You can't tell me a single device that has come out since thorsten was forced to leave has 'kept BlackBerry in the game.'

He understands the enterprise software market. So he is pivoting BlackBerry towards what he understands. Stupid decision to pull in that kind of a CEO if you ask me.

You obviously wanted someone who would put all the focus on devices but that would have been a horrible decision. Even if you sell a lot the margins aren't really there as many are struggling in the device business even with a free os to use.

I'm not sure what magical device you were expecting but perception has changed from the continuous they'll be dead soon from a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy and will308 like this.
    09-20-15 11:55 PM

Blackberry has its cash position intact BECAUSE of the aggressive cost cutting, restricting, and captial management that Chen initiated when Thor and his cfo had zero bearings on bbrys financial situation....

1) not a single device since the bold 9900 Era has kept "bbry in the game" - so don't put that on him alone.

2) If Thor and co. We're so passionate why was the z30 launch absolute crap?

Chen understands the mobile game from more of a business perspective:

Bbry doesn't have the resources to go up against apple or samsung in the full-touch flagship consumer phone market - especially as an inhouse hardware AND software manufacturer.

Releasing phones such as the classic, and more importantly passport and upcoming Venice allow blackberry to differentiate itself in a meaningful way away from the mainstream market (especially in android where most flagship are very similarly targeted).

The upcoming hype for the Venice phone on android-fanboy forums is actually shocking me because people are actually FINALLY giving bbry a second look as a modern phone maker and not some sinking-ship/dinosaur.

While Chen hasn't salvaged the life of bbrys smartphone division yet, he has atleast kept it financially viable and repositioned the company into growing markets where it can leverage assets and build competitive advantage - something Thor was far from accomplishing.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, deadcowboy and will308 like this.
    09-21-15 12:00 AM
    You obviously wanted someone who would put all the focus on devices but that would have been a horrible decision. Even if you sell a lot the margins aren't really there as many are struggling in the device business even with a free os to use.

I'm not sure what magical device you were expecting but perception has changed from the continuous they'll be dead soon from a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    How is that obvious?

That's not at all what I wanted. I wanted someone who had a firm understanding of the two core parts of BlackBerry's business; mobile devices and mdm software. Not someone who only knew half of the business, who was content to basically ignore the device side until it died.

And your are right. It has changed. Now the devices will be dead in one year.
    Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 02:23 AM
    Blackberry has its cash position intact BECAUSE of the aggressive cost cutting, restricting, and captial management that Chen initiated when Thor and his cfo had zero bearings on bbrys financial situation....

1) not a single device since the bold 9900 Era has kept "bbry in the game" - so don't put that on him alone.

2) If Thor and co. We're so passionate why was the z30 launch absolute crap?

Chen understands the mobile game from more of a business perspective:

Bbry doesn't have the resources to go up against apple or samsung in the full-touch flagship consumer phone market - especially as an inhouse hardware AND software manufacturer.

Releasing phones such as the classic, and more importantly passport and upcoming Venice allow blackberry to differentiate itself in a meaningful way away from the mainstream market (especially in android where most flagship are very similarly targeted).

The upcoming hype for the Venice phone on android-fanboy forums is actually shocking me because people are actually FINALLY giving bbry a second look as a modern phone maker and not some sinking-ship/dinosaur.

While Chen hasn't salvaged the life of bbrys smartphone division yet, he has atleast kept it financially viable and repositioned the company into growing markets where it can leverage assets and build competitive advantage - something Thor was far from accomplishing.

Posted via CB10
    I don't disagree with any of this. I think they should have brought Chen in as cfo, put Thorsten in charge of hardware and brought in someone else as ceo

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 02:26 AM
    harsh dude.
    The truth always is. It's sad that it always has to be said. Truth is not always like flowers raining upon you. Mostly the truth is harsh. Look at the reality, what's happening outside. (Don't make the mistake and watch the news).

09-21-15 04:56 AM
    I can't wait for the 23rd

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:33 AM
221 12345 ...