So far I still love this phone! A couple of things that need some work though:

1.) Hub - not pushing all of my emails with Microsoft Exchange active sync. Missing some emails and generally slow performance. Could use tighter integration and a fit-to-screen option for mail

2.) Speaker grill - picks up dust. Not sure why they went with a speaker grill for a mediocre speaker...a bottom facing speaker would have been a much better choice. I personally could care less about speaker quality on a phone but I don't like seeing a dusty speaker grill.

3.) Build materials - I love the design of this phone but I would have liked to see some more metal used in the design like my old Classic or iPhone. It looks heavy but feels very light. A metal back with glass weave would have made the phone feel more premium. I do love the grippy back...feels great in hand and prevents slipping. Looks wise...I don't think anything can compete.

4.) Laggy performance on messaging and other key apps. It just doesn't feel snappy. Possibly due to the encryption on the phone. I am sure this will be addressed in updates.

That's about it for me! Performance is getting better everyday and the heating issues have pretty much disappeared. I am also getting much better battery life after everything has settled in.

I expect a hub update soon; BlackBerry has been commenting on every review on Playstore gathering feedback so I really do believe they are trying hard to make fixes available soon.

I cannot put this phone down and I've already had numerous positive comments on the device. This is now in my top favorite tech purchases of all time!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    geekaren likes this.
    11-15-15 02:31 PM
    the M9 is horrible for dust too, those tiny holes are very easy to fill with gunk.
    11-15-15 02:32 PM
    Agree with all your comments but my conclusion is somewhat harsher. In the cut throat world of Android this has no chance whatsoever.

Its got a certain appeal for sure but wow this is buggy and unfinished. The hardware is also rough. Mine creaks, the speaker volume is all over the place, notification noises are unreliable... Bugs, bugs bugs.

11-15-15 02:45 PM
    Agree with all your comments but my conclusion is somewhat harsher. In the cut throat world of Android this has no chance whatsoever.

Its got a certain appeal for sure but wow this is buggy and unfinished. The hardware is also rough. Mine creaks, the speaker volume is all over the place, notification noises are unreliable... Bugs, bugs bugs.

Enjoy your Samsung smartphone and leave the BlackBerry Priv users to enjoy their smartphone.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 03:16 PM
    So far I still love this phone! A couple of things that need some work though:

1.) Hub - not pushing all of my emails with Microsoft Exchange active sync. Missing some emails and generally slow performance. Could use tighter integration and a fit-to-screen option for mail

2.) Speaker grill - picks up dust. Not sure why they went with a speaker grill for a mediocre speaker...a bottom facing speaker would have been a much better choice. I personally could care less about speaker quality on a phone but I don't like seeing a dusty speaker grill.

3.) Build materials - I love the design of this phone but I would have liked to see some more metal used in the design like my old Classic or iPhone. It looks heavy but feels very light. A metal back with glass weave would have made the phone feel more premium. I do love the grippy back...feels great in hand and prevents slipping. Looks wise...I don't think anything can compete.

4.) Laggy performance on messaging and other key apps. It just doesn't feel snappy. Possibly due to the encryption on the phone. I am sure this will be addressed in updates.

That's about it for me! Performance is getting better everyday and the heating issues have pretty much disappeared. I am also getting much better battery life after everything has settled in.

I expect a hub update soon; BlackBerry has been commenting on every review on Playstore gathering feedback so I really do believe they are trying hard to make fixes available soon.

I cannot put this phone down and I've already had numerous positive comments on the device. This is now in my top favorite tech purchases of all time!

Great Review. Thanks.
    11-15-15 03:31 PM