Playing around with the priv waiting to upgrade my phone with bell, I was frustrated with the lack of gestures. Simply swiping upwards on a bb10 makes the app close or smaller, if I want to do that on the priv, I constantly have to press the back button until app closes. Very annoying.

I know I will miss the swipe to wake gesture, the peek, or using two fingers to swipe down on any app to bring out the quick settings menu.

Hopefully BlackBerry will bring those back, or at least have the option to have the gestures.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 03:26 PM
    BB10 is the best!!!

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-10-15 03:28 PM
    Well don't blame BlackBerry, blame android! You seem to forget it's an Android OS

When there's problem with the OS on the Samsung Galaxy, people blame android, not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Omar Alsahli likes this.
    11-10-15 03:31 PM
    Well don't blame BlackBerry, blame android! You seem to forget it's an Android OS

When there's problem with the OS on the Samsung Galaxy, people blame android, not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    That's not entirely true. Most criticism usually falls on the OEM. Especially for Samsung being known to put too much on top of Android and bogging the system down in comparison to a stock Android experience.

However, I'm willing to bet those gestures however aren't impossible to implement. I wonder if they tried to do it.
    11-10-15 03:41 PM
    The square button on the bottom right will do the exact same thing as swiping up on BBOS.
    11-10-15 03:51 PM
    Playing around with the priv waiting to upgrade my phone with bell, I was frustrated with the lack of gestures. Simply swiping upwards on a bb10 makes the app close or smaller, if I want to do that on the priv, I constantly have to press the back button until app closes. Very annoying.

I know I will miss the swipe to wake gesture, the peek, or using two fingers to swipe down on any app to bring out the quick settings menu.

Hopefully BlackBerry will bring those back, or at least have the option to have the gestures.

Posted via CB10
    For the record you don't have to press the back button to close an app, you can open the app manager or active apps and hit x

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-10-15 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tap twice to Wake, I like better than swipe up which didn't work half the time anyways.

You can pull down quick settings on the Priv by sliding two fingers down from the top, same as BB10.
    11-10-15 03:54 PM
    That's not entirely true. Most criticism usually falls on the OEM. Especially for Samsung being known to put too much on top of Android and bogging the system down in comparison to a stock Android experience.

However, I'm willing to bet those gestures however aren't impossible to implement. I wonder if they tried to do it.
    TIME.... they could only do so much with the time they had. And to be honest, there are more people out there that don't know a thing about gestures, than there are that do. In the long run it is probable better that they didn't make the PRIV too different from what people are "use to".
    DolemiteDONS and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-10-15 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to keep pressing the back button to close an app. Pressing the square at the bottom has the same effect as swiping up an app on BB10. Then you can close with the little "x" just as always. Not annoying at all. Just slightly different.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 04:03 PM
    I miss the gesture too. Going back on a BB10 device is so satisfying. Pressing back by locating the bottom left button is annoying haha

11-10-15 10:31 PM
    I keep swiping up on my PRIV but double tapping on my Z30, I thing it's just a matter of learning.
    11-10-15 10:34 PM
    What if they incorporated gestures into the keyboard? You've got swipe left to delete a word why not incorporate that into the homescreen, menu's, apps..

11-10-15 10:48 PM
    It's the exact same number of steps to close a program

BB10: Swipe up tap X

Android: Tap Square and swipe app

Just reversed...

Why do people act like BB10 had like a billion gestures while other OSes have none?
    southlander likes this.
    11-10-15 11:04 PM

Why do people act like BB10 had like a billion gestures while other OSes have none?
    It's about mental and finger flow, plus BB10 omits the "physical button" of sorts and makes your movements fluid.
    Android iOS still rely on some form of mechanical button, so to someone who's used to BB10 gestures it feels "jerky" and unnatural to lift and move your thumb so much opposed to just sliding.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    11-10-15 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to press Back. Instead press Square and you will see a list of active programs similar to Active Frames.
    11-10-15 11:58 PM