I would like to quickly cycle only between the currently active and the previously active app, instead of having to watch all apps which have been active in the past. Is there a gesture or similar for this?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-16 02:30 PM
    While I cannot think of a way to specifically toggle between your 2 most recent apps ONLY, I have found setting the Recent app display setting to Rolodex to be the most helpful in regards to toggling between the most recent apps... Just 2 pushes away: Tap the 'square' and then tap the app (which for you in regards to the 2 most recent apps it would be as simple as choosing the apps in slots 1 and 2)
    If you're a fan of installing apps (I am not) I'm sure somewhere there is an app to do just this in the Play store... Maybe someone out there reading can make a recommendation, however Rolodex is the method I find most helpful without having to download an app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Cycling between the current and the last active app.-4368.jpg  
    PalmBerry05 likes this.
    03-09-16 07:12 PM
    I use Last App Switcher. There's a small circular icon you can place anywhere on the screen and you tap it to toggle between the current active app and the last open app.

03-09-16 07:57 PM
    You can use swipe up utility from play store and set swipe up from home button to last used app which replaces Google now.
    03-09-16 09:58 PM
    I use edge launcher

03-09-16 10:06 PM
    Yeah i also miss advanced full swipe gesture of webos to cycle with 1 stroke through recently used apps it helps alot on copy&pasting things.

The problem with most of these 3rd party productivity apps on android is that they are "for free" but you pay with your data by having them access to your location, contacts, calendar, files, wifi...
    I would rather pay a for an app after initial trail, then having to pay with privacy loss.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    03-09-16 11:06 PM