My locked AT&T Priv is still not working correctly since August 2016
    Let's try all this again...the 1/2 price devices on various sites were AT&T locked PRIV's. AT&T pushed out the updates to unlock the phones and to allow updates directly from BlackBerry. See my previous cb post above.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 08:41 AM
    Let's try all this again...the 1/2 price devices on various sites were AT&T locked PRIV's. AT&T pushed out the updates to unlock the phones and to allow updates directly from BlackBerry. See my previous cb post above.

Posted via CB10
    Have no clue where you were trying to go with that post. Let's get some correct information out there so you can be on the same page.

The 1/2 price devices your refer to were mainly unlocked PRIV'.s. They were originally AT&T carrier locked that were unlocked prior to being sold on Amazon and ebay. AT&T did not push out a magical update to unlock them nor did they push out an update to allow the update direct from Blackberry. The phones are now able to be updated direct from Blackberry because Blackberry has added these phones to the database of phones allowed to update direct from their servers so these customers would not be orphaned.

This in no way affects or allows AT&T locked phones that were purchased from AT&T to be unlocked or to receive updates direct from Blackberry and therefore those of us who have them are still without custom ringtones. It also appears that if you have one of these phones purchased direct from AT&T and you pay to have it unlocked that it will not receive the updates direct from Blackberry
    03-22-17 10:10 AM
    Have no clue where you were trying to go with that post. Let's get some correct information out there so you can be on the same page.

The 1/2 price devices your refer to were mainly unlocked PRIV'.s. They were originally AT&T carrier locked that were unlocked prior to being sold on Amazon and ebay. AT&T did not push out a magical update to unlock them nor did they push out an update to allow the update direct from Blackberry. The phones are now able to be updated direct from Blackberry because Blackberry has added these phones to the database of phones allowed to update direct from their servers so these customers would not be orphaned.

This in no way affects or allows AT&T locked phones that were purchased from AT&T to be unlocked or to receive updates direct from Blackberry and therefore those of us who have them are still without custom ringtones. It also appears that if you have one of these phones purchased direct from AT&T and you pay to have it unlocked that it will not receive the updates direct from Blackberry
    Let me help muddy the waters here. I bought my phone locked to AT&T on ebay. It did come with an unlock code if I wanted to switch to another carrier. I did not unlock it.

Last year some AT&T locked phones experienced a "no service" issue in areas we normally had service after one of the updates. It seems AT&T was making some changes to their LTE service that would cause our phones to not switch from on tower to another. Thus we had "no service".

BlackBerry was notified and after due course came up with a fix that one could do that they posted on their support page. Many of us downloaded the fix to our phones and the "no service" was corrected.

The next monthly update also had this fix in it. What some of us noticed was our monthly update didn't come from our carrier. The initial notification of the update was different, because it comes from BlackBerry.

Though my phone has always been locked to my carrier, I get the update that BlackBerry sends to those who purchased their phones from a source other than AT&T that have non-factory unlocked phones.
    03-22-17 03:21 PM
    Let me help muddy the waters here. I bought my phone locked to AT&T on ebay. It did come with an unlock code if I wanted to switch to another carrier. I did not unlock it.

Last year some AT&T locked phones experienced a "no service" issue in areas we normally had service after one of the updates. It seems AT&T was making some changes to their LTE service that would cause our phones to not switch from on tower to another. Thus we had "no service".

BlackBerry was notified and after due course came up with a fix that one could do that they posted on their support page. Many of us downloaded the fix to our phones and the "no service" was corrected.

The next monthly update also had this fix in it. What some of us noticed was our monthly update didn't come from our carrier. The initial notification of the update was different, because it comes from BlackBerry.

Though my phone has always been locked to my carrier, I get the update that BlackBerry sends to those who purchased their phones from a source other than AT&T that have non-factory unlocked phones.
    You're not muddying the waters at all. You are correct, there were some phones shipped with factory unlock codes like yours. I also loaded the no service fix from the Blackberry support page prior to it being released by AT&T. The catch here is that Blackberry has added your IMEI to the list of phones able to receive Blackberry updates even though you have not unlocked it. My locked phone is not able to receive the Blackberry updates because AT&T won't allow it to. They would need to provide Blackberry permission to add the IMEI to the batch of phones that are. They only did this for the phones they were dumping on the market.
    newcollector likes this.
    03-22-17 03:45 PM

This is what I was talking about. Sorry I didn't communicate effectively.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 12:51 AM
    Interesting. But how does this help me with the ringtones?
    03-25-17 09:59 AM
    Any update on AT&T passing on the ringtone fix?
    04-18-17 06:30 AM
    I have an AT&T locked Priv that I purchased new on Ebay. I have had custom ringtones functioning since I updated it to Marshmallow right at unboxing.

Have you tried contacting @blackberryhelp? They have been very responsive when I have had questions or issues.
    04-18-17 08:28 AM
    I just simply create my own tones from mp3 files convert to to wav and then add to my PRIV
    04-20-17 05:53 PM
    I just simply create my own tones from mp3 files convert to to wav and then add to my PRIV
    I do that as well, Rico, but you have to be careful where you store them so that they are available to use as a ringtone. And for some the issue is they have the ringtones set, but the are not actually working.
    04-21-17 03:18 PM
    I store in Ringtone folder and they show up perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 03:21 PM
    I have a Blackberry PRIV that I purchased through ATT (Nov 2015). It is running Android 6.0.1
    It will not play any ringtone (the ones that came with the phone or ones I have created) assigned to a specific contact. It will allow me to assign a ringtone that I have created/downloaded as the default ringtone and it will play the ringtone without problem but if I want to have it play a different ringtone for when I get a call from my Mom (either a tone which came with the phone or one I created) it will allow me to assign it through the "Edit Contact" and will show that my Mom has a different ringtone assigned to her calls but when she calls it just plays the default ringtone. I was able to set a different alert for her text messages but not for phone calls. Again this is a problem even when I try to use the ringtones that came preloaded on the phone so it is not an issue of where the ringtone is saved (SD vs internal memory) or file type. The other responses seem to say it was an issue with ATT not providing an update. Has anyone found a fix?
    08-08-18 09:36 PM
    i have a blackberry priv that i purchased through att (nov 2015). It is running android 6.0.1
    it will not play any ringtone (the ones that came with the phone or ones i have created) assigned to a specific contact. It will allow me to assign a ringtone that i have created/downloaded as the default ringtone and it will play the ringtone without problem but if i want to have it play a different ringtone for when i get a call from my mom (either a tone which came with the phone or one i created) it will allow me to assign it through the "edit contact" and will show that my mom has a different ringtone assigned to her calls but when she calls it just plays the default ringtone. I was able to set a different alert for her text messages but not for phone calls. Again this is a problem even when i try to use the ringtones that came preloaded on the phone so it is not an issue of where the ringtone is saved (sd vs internal memory) or file type. The other responses seem to say it was an issue with att not providing an update. Has anyone found a fix?
    no fix here....
    09-12-18 07:29 AM
88 ... 234