I don't understand why some people's customized ringtones don't work. Mine do. I wonder if the issue is the custom ringtone is stored in the wrong ringtones folder.
    12-19-16 08:25 PM
    That can be a problem, but that's not what this one is. Many of us lost the custom ringtones with the rollout of Android Marshmallow. Shows the custom tones under the contact, but only the default tone rings regardless of who calls. BlackBerry is aware of the issue, and supposedly made a patch within a month, but so far many of us still have the problem. Just another reason for me to be fed up with this phone.
    12-19-16 09:22 PM
    That can be a problem, but that's not what this one is. Many of us lost the custom ringtones with the rollout of Android Marshmallow. Shows the custom tones under the contact, but only the default tone rings regardless of who calls. BlackBerry is aware of the issue, and supposedly made a patch within a month, but so far many of us still have the problem. Just another reason for me to be fed up with this phone.
    Perhaps you ought to be fed up with AT&T. Mine work fine on Verizon with Marshmallow.
    12-19-16 09:27 PM
    Perhaps you ought to be fed up with AT&T. Mine work fine on Verizon with Marshmallow.
    Actually, only about 3 or 4 people call me on my cell phone and since I gave them the number, I don't have specific ringtones. I just pull it out and answer it!
    12-19-16 10:59 PM
    Oh I am fed up with AT&T. But this phone has been nothing but a problem since I've had it. I loved my Z10 and then Z30, and if only BB10 had come out earlier maybe it would have had wider response, and a better app store. But this phone stinks. Battery drain is ridiculous - especially compared to my iPhone (work phone). It freezes and locks up constantly after it's been sitting for a while. I often have to reboot it to use my bluetooth for media as it often will not work otherwise. I warrantied one, and would this one, but I managed to crack the screen. I may use insurance after the holiday, or I may buy a Samsung. I am not going to Apple, but I can't handle this phone much longer!
    12-20-16 05:57 AM
    Actually, only about 3 or 4 people call me on my cell phone and since I gave them the number, I don't have specific ringtones. I just pull it out and answer it!
    Yes, I can relate to that, also. I usually don't bother to answer, now that I have Visual Voice Mail, but if my wife calls, and I don't answer, I catch heck. So she has a custom ring tone. Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. Probably only a few here that remember him.
    12-20-16 10:02 AM
    Well, duh! It was a security patch. Not an OS update.
    Just for your info the fix for the unlocked att phones was in a security patch and it was several months ago
    12-20-16 11:20 AM
    Yes, I can relate to that, also. I usually don't bother to answer, now that I have Visual Voice Mail, but if my wife calls, and I don't answer, I catch heck. So she has a custom ring tone. Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. Probably only a few here that remember him.
    I've downloaded a few of his video performances from youtube (or should I have not said that). (Cryin' over you...........)

Ah......... Julia...........
    misterabrasive likes this.
    12-20-16 12:15 PM
    Under the music folder there are two ringtone folders. One works to produce the custom ringtone. The other one will not. You have to make sure the ringtone is in the right folder. I am on AT&T and the Dec update.
    12-20-16 04:12 PM
    Under the music folder there are two ringtone folders. One works to produce the custom ringtone. The other one will not. You have to make sure the ringtone is in the right folder. I am on AT&T and the Dec update.
    Understand. However, this is a different problem that BlackBerry - and I think AT&T are aware of. There is a patch from BlackBerry that fixes it, unknown why it hasn't been pushed by AT&T. Our ringtones were in the correct folder, and worked properly prior to the Marshmallow update.
    12-20-16 05:44 PM
    I'm on Vodafone in UK. Every so often all my custom ringtones just disappear. It's driving me mad and yes my ringtones are on my sd card in the right directory to make them selectable. It seems that the problem is widespread and now in January 2017 its still not sorted.
    01-05-17 11:17 AM
    I'm on Vodafone in UK. Every so often all my custom ringtones just disappear. It's driving me mad and yes my ringtones are on my sd card in the right directory to make them selectable. It seems that the problem is widespread and now in January 2017 its still not sorted.
    One suggestion is to keep them in INTERNAL Memory. But I think so folks still have them disappearing.
    01-05-17 12:00 PM
    My custom ringtones are working fine. Why do mine work and yours do not? If we can figure what the difference is (if any) then we might see what the issue is.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-17 12:51 PM
    My custom ringtones are working fine. Why do mine work and yours do not? If we can figure what the difference is (if any) then we might see what the issue is.
    Where stored? What format? How large? How long (does it sound)? Assigned to apps, notices, people? What?
    01-05-17 01:55 PM
    Custom ringtones for Contacts. They are the full length of the song. They sound as long as the call is ringing. They are mp3. They are stored under Music. See attached screenshot.
    I
    Last edited by newcollector; 01-05-17 at 02:21 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-17 02:02 PM
    Custom ringtones for Contacts. They are the full length of the song. They sound as long as the call is ringing. They are mp3. They are stored under Music. See attached screenshot.
    Ihttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...b0a8fa0588.jpg
    INTERNAL or SD-card?
    01-05-17 03:00 PM
    Internal. Notice the path on the screenshot.
    01-05-17 03:27 PM
    I use Asus file manager. Go into music option.

01-05-17 03:29 PM
    The difference is those of us who have AT&T locked phones that cannot get our monthly updates directly from Blackberry. You must have an unlocked phone or are on the Beta program. The patch was released in a previous security patch that Blackberry passed on to AT&T but they did not pass through to us. I believe they skipped that one all together and the subsequent updates do not contain that fix since it was already released. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with AT&T and Blackberry upper level support and its a standoff. Blackberry says they have already fixed it and released it to AT&T and they are correct they have. AT&T says it's aware of the issue and working on it with Blackberry. I have 2 family members with phones that work fine and the difference is mine is AT&T locked and unable to get the updates direct so you tell me if AT&T is really working on it. I can prove that the problem is AT&T not passing along the fix to their customers in a timely manner. I wish I knew an attorney that might be able to help us consumers out with a class action suit.
    Randy Jones likes this.
    01-06-17 09:51 PM
    The difference is those of us who have AT&T locked phones that cannot get our monthly updates directly from Blackberry. You must have an unlocked phone or are on the Beta program. The patch was released in a previous security patch that Blackberry passed on to AT&T but they did not pass through to us. I believe they skipped that one all together and the subsequent updates do not contain that fix since it was already released. I have spent numerous hours on the phone with AT&T and Blackberry upper level support and its a standoff. Blackberry says they have already fixed it and released it to AT&T and they are correct they have. AT&T says it's aware of the issue and working on it with Blackberry. I have 2 family members with phones that work fine and the difference is mine is AT&T locked and unable to get the updates direct so you tell me if AT&T is really working on it. I can prove that the problem is AT&T not passing along the fix to their customers in a timely manner. I wish I knew an attorney that might be able to help us consumers out with a class action suit.
    Unfortunately, the number of people affected is not large enough to qualify as a class action. Plus, you would probably be still in court with no resolution 10 years from now.
    01-07-17 04:50 AM
    Wow! This angers me even more! I've had this phone for almost a year and every time I do an update, I cross my fingers in hopes that THIS is the one that will fix everything, but it never is. So disappointing! Is there anything us consumers can do on our end to get this going? I'm seriously considering leaving Blackberry for a Samsung...and that is saying a lot coming from me. Been a BlackBerry user since 2004 and can't imagine having any other phone, but this feature is super annoying and stresses me out. My son is special needs and I need to know when his school is calling me. Plus I like to know who's calling before having to reach for my phone or run across the room to answer it. Why is this petty thing so hard to fix?!
    Randy Jones likes this.
    02-13-17 08:42 PM
    Wow! This angers me even more! I've had this phone for almost a year and every time I do an update, I cross my fingers in hopes that THIS is the one that will fix everything, but it never is. So disappointing! Is there anything us consumers can do on our end to get this going? I'm seriously considering leaving Blackberry for a Samsung...and that is saying a lot coming from me. Been a BlackBerry user since 2004 and can't imagine having any other phone, but this feature is super annoying and stresses me out. My son is special needs and I need to know when his school is calling me. Plus I like to know who's calling before having to reach for my phone or run across the room to answer it. Why is this petty thing so hard to fix?!
    Has there been any updates since this last post?. My ATT Priv still not working with custom ringtones.
    03-20-17 06:35 AM
    Has there been any updates since this last post?. My ATT Priv still not working with custom ringtones.
    There were a couple of patches before Thanksgiving which basically allows updates to bypass AT&T and come directly from BlackBerry. This was done after dump of AT&T locked PRIV's on Amazon, Ebay and other discount sites. Not sure if this fixes your custom ring tones problem. However, these patches are how you will keep up to date from BlackBerry since AT&T isn't supporting the PRIV in any real capacity.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 06:59 AM
    Why is this petty thing so hard to fix?!
    It's not hard to fix. Blackberry has already done it and basically the whole world has it except for AT&T locked phones. It is an outright refusal by AT&T to provide customer service to their Blackberry customers.

I've had the problem since around August of 2016 with nothing but excuse after excuse from AT&T. My relative in the same AT&T service area with an unlocked phone purchased at half the price on ebay had the problem for less than a month before getting the update direct from Blackberry and now has had the feature working perfectly since October of 2016.

Lessons learned. If you are unfortunate enough to be stuck with having to have AT&T service, avoid buying a phone from them at all cost. While the payment program is attractive you will pay far more in time, effort and frustration trying to remedy any problems. AT&T customer service = Fail
    03-21-17 03:58 PM
    My locked AT&T Priv is still not working correctly since August 2016
    03-21-17 04:00 PM
88 1234