Same situation for me. Custom ringtones assigned to incoming calls, with specific custom ringtones assigned to certain contacts. Ringtones in proper location in the phone "ringtones", not SD card, custom ringtones showing for the contacts, but only the default (which is custom) will ring - no matter who's calling. Also, lost the ability to "quick" do not disturb when hitting the volume button, and my Smart Lock is "disabled by admin". All this after getting the phone warrantied because of quick drain battery and other issues... Very frustrated with this phone again!
    07-16-16 07:23 AM
    Just got the August 5th update from AT&T and my contact ringtones still don't work. Build: AAG153

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Chromeram; 08-26-16 at 07:36 PM.
    08-26-16 04:50 PM
    Ditto

08-26-16 09:10 PM
    Ditto

Are you also on AT&T?
    08-26-16 09:30 PM
    Yep.

08-27-16 07:09 AM
    att priv just updated to AAG153 (within the hour) and custom ringtones still not working.
    09-01-16 11:20 AM
    Thanks. Aware for ATT.
    09-01-16 11:24 AM
    Odd. I am on AT&T and my custom ringtones work just fine. Am I just lucky? I do have a factory unlocked Priv on the AT&T network. Maybe it's just AT&T carrier locked Privs with issues?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    09-01-16 11:30 AM
    Odd. I am on AT&T and my custom ringtones work just fine. Am I just lucky? I do have a factory unlocked Priv on the AT&T network. Maybe it's just AT&T carrier locked Privs with issues?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    It's likely just AT&T branded devices.
    09-01-16 12:41 PM
    It's likely just AT&T branded devices.
    I am on AT&T and my custom ringtones were working until yesterday when I got the Marshmallow upgrade and now they aren't working. If I go into contacts/ edit/ ringtone and look my custom ringtone is still selected but only the default one rings. It was working fine on Lollipop,
    09-01-16 07:06 PM
    A problem with the MM update. BlackBerry put out a fix which should have been in the update AT&T rolled out a few days ago, but apparently wasn't. Thanks AT&T!

09-01-16 07:43 PM
    A problem with the MM update. BlackBerry put out a fix which should have been in the update AT&T rolled out a few days ago, but apparently wasn't. Thanks AT&T!

We just bought this phone two weeks ago and after all the system updates last week, I'd thought it would work by now...but no. Our ATT Privs are still not. Anything new?
    09-05-16 02:07 PM
    I haven't taken the time to call BB support - may try to do so this week. Last time I talked to them, which was well before the last AT&T update, they said they had patched the problem and it would be included in the update. I've tried resetting my ringtones after that update, still no success. It must be AT&T as the unlocked Priv's are working since the BB patch. Not sure how - or why, AT&T would remove the patch that fixed the ringtone issue.
    09-06-16 06:19 AM
    AT&T probably still haven't released the fix to the custom ringtone issue because they are still testing it. ;d
    09-06-16 06:38 AM
    So AGAIN my phone updated this morning and I was hopeful that the custom ringtone conflict would be resolved....alas it has not. It now is Build Number AAG202.

Is AT&T really working on this, or just teasing/appeasing with update upon update.
    Last edited by jkkhum; 09-07-16 at 12:48 PM.
    09-07-16 10:50 AM
    I saw the new update and was hoping the same. I haven't had a chance to load yet. I'll post if I find anything different.

09-07-16 10:59 AM
    Three updates since MM rolled out, and still custom ringtones do not work. I called BB, who advised me that based on my build number, I have one of the "affected" phones. They're working with AT&T, but no idea on when a fix will be rolled out. Very disappointed with this phone venture.
    10-13-16 01:54 PM
    AND AGAIN my phone updated (10/5/16 (Android security patch level), Andriod version 6.0.1, Build number AAG873)....and still no custom ringtones. Guess it's time to call AT&T again and not get an answer or a fix.

Randy, what is the definition of an "affected" phone; my build number has changed with almost every update/patch.
    10-14-16 11:26 AM
    That I can't answer. I read my build number, AAG873, and the tech support stated that was an affected build number. Maybe it would have been more accurate for her to say, "you have a PRIV on AT&T, you have an affected phone". Now to top that off, I've had a few occasions of my phone not having service. I haven't had time to peruse Crackberry until recently, and I just discovered a thread indicating that this is a common problem with AT&T PRIV's now.

10-14-16 11:55 AM
    That I can't answer. I read my build number, AAG873, and the tech support stated that was an affected build number. Maybe it would have been more accurate for her to say, "you have a PRIV on AT&T, you have an affected phone". Now to top that off, I've had a few occasions of my phone not having service. I haven't had time to peruse Crackberry until recently, and I just discovered a thread indicating that this is a common problem with AT&T PRIV's now.

12-06-16 06:00 AM
    ATT's version of Groundhog Day--send updates, same problem persists. Still can't customize ringtones. Today's update brought me: Android security patch level--November 6, 2016; build number AAH667.

ATT--when are you fixing this....
    12-08-16 10:32 AM
    Pretty much fed up with this phone and the lack of support! Samsung is looking better and better!
    12-08-16 01:34 PM
    any idea on what today's update (AA1020, android security patch level 12/5/2016) was supposed to correct? 'Cuz it was not the ability to set up customized ringtones even though different contact have different tones assigned. Maybe Santa will grant my wish and fix this.
    12-19-16 12:30 PM
    Keep wishin'!
    12-19-16 04:24 PM
    any idea on what today's update (AA1020, android security patch level 12/5/2016) was supposed to correct? 'Cuz it was not the ability to set up customized ringtones even though different contact have different tones assigned. Maybe Santa will grant my wish and fix this.
    Well, duh! It was a security patch. Not an OS update.
    12-19-16 07:26 PM
88 1234