03-15-15 12:44 AM
58 123
tools
    Fixmo tools?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I don't believe so. I wish I could look at BlackBerryOS apps associated with my BlackBerry ID.

I remember it was entirely developed by one guy...

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-11-15 06:40 AM
    My only problem with edged and rounded screens are that it limits case options. I like to have a case that is a little higher then the phone so when I place the phone on a flat surface the glass doesn't touch it. If we need to access the edges of the phone it doesn't seem like that is possible

Posted via CB10
    Not an issue here.

I like my devices naked...

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    03-11-15 07:20 AM
    Hmm, I don't believe so. I wish I could look at BlackBerryOS apps associated with my BlackBerry ID.

I remember it was entirely developed by one guy...

There were several. ColorID, and the one you're thinking of. He also had a notification pop-up app, I think.

BeBuzz is the biggest one.

Still available for BB10 now, but I had it on by OS 6 9800 and was available for my OS 4.5 8100.

They used to be known as BerryBuzz, along with their other app, BerryWeather (and a few others). But that was before the existence of BlackBerry World. Once BBW came along, all developers that had the word "Berry" in the app name had to change it before being accepted into BBW.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:23 AM
    BeBuzz.

Still available for BB10 now, but I had it on by OS 6 9800 and was available for my OS 4.5 8100.

They used to be known as BerryBuzz, along with their other app, BerryWeather (and a few others). But that was before the existence of BlackBerry World. Once BBW came along, all developers that had the word "Berry" in the app name had to change it before being accepted into BBW.

Posted via CB10
    Nope not them!

Those were paid

This guy gave his app in its entirety 100% free, no paid version at all

[b]Edit:[/]
    Okay so finally found the guy! It was hard because I had to keep switching to desktop mode otherwise it'd autolink to Appworld and it wouldn't show in the app.

Turns out after I switched to BlackBerry10 he rereleased his app with more features, but limited number of contacts, etc. Then he released a pro version that had the unlimited jazz.

While I had my BlackBerryOS phones, so like.. 2007-2013, he had his app free and was always adding more features.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

This is the guy in question :P ^

03-11-15 09:26 AM
    "Advanced OS and LED" by Sultan Al Sooz?

His was free. I remember trying it on my Torch.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:32 AM
    "Advanced OS and LED" by Sultan Al Sooz?

His was free. I remember trying it on my Torch.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah! Just actually finished editing my previous post when I saw you posted this. I had used it on my Bold's and Torch's over the years, I think my 9000 was the first one that he developed the app for!

His app was always free, not sure why he rereleased it once BlackBerry10 came out with a free and paid version.. However, even his free version that I just looked at had more than enough features to sate 95% of people! :P

03-11-15 09:35 AM
    I have a growing concern for the increase in hardware variants by Blackberry. I feel that its going to hurt the stability of the software and make it complicated to streamline it. With variations of hardware comes the requirement for variations of software and we just witnessed with 10.3.1 the issues that occur as a result of it.

They need simplification, stability, and security!! Back to roots!!! Stop trying to do too much !!
    early2bed and MaxR_A like this.
    03-11-15 09:41 AM
    My only problem with edged and rounded screens are that it limits case options. I like to have a case that is a little higher then the phone so when I place the phone on a flat surface the glass doesn't touch it. If we need to access the edges of the phone it doesn't seem like that is possible

Posted via CB10
    yeah this is something that niggling at the back of my mind too. i for one think the curved edges are a welcome innovation but indeed it does limit the casing-- for me the case is very important because im almost always on the move, and the places i'm at arent always nice, smooth, clean or secured. having the case adds the minimal protection and security for my phone when its not in my pocket/ bag (and even when its in my bag).

given the double-edged design, perhaps the top/bottom flip covers will become more relevant?
    03-15-15 12:44 AM
58 123