But with the flip to sleep and such is the front facing LED as useful? Going to assume the Edge notification will be just as if not more configurable than LED.
    Duplicate the LED on the back! This is an eye-catching notification method like no other, and one of main things that makes BlackBerry iconic!

Posted via CB10
    MaxR_A likes this.
    03-03-15 11:05 PM
    Duplicate the LED on the back! This is an eye-catching notification method like no other, and one of main things that makes BlackBerry iconic!

Posted via CB10
    I could see that. Make it part of the flash area next to the camera.
    03-04-15 06:04 PM
    Wonder if the Slider will get rid of the LED and use Edge notification like the S6 instead.
    When I first saw that on th S6 a day before I thought it was a great feature from Samsung.

A day later after hearing about BlackBerry's new slider that LED feature makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:12 PM
    I seriously love how the curved edge idea looks. It's easier to see how cool it looks on that Samsung edge device, having both sides curved will look so friggin' awesome!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:54 PM
    I would love a scrolling bezel. Just posted that on another thread. Haha. Great idea. Don't have to block what your reading when scrolling. Just like computer.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    stardomains likes this.
    03-04-15 10:00 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Very exciting product from BlackBerry!!! One of a kind... perfect!

Love the phones planned for 2015.

From my awesome BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:26 PM
    Sorry for my question...What is the sense of the dual or simple curved edge screen? Only for design?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:39 AM
    I like this!, "and a "dual curved display, all touch, with a keyboard," which could take the high-end position currently held by the BlackBerry Passport." Just in time for my birthday in October??
    Don't de-throne Passport!
    Time for PP 2 !!!!

:-D

(edit: ... or screw it, I might have to buy this thing, lol)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 06:12 AM
    That sounds cool. Looking forward to that.
    03-10-15 11:43 AM
    I hope they implement it similar to how it's implemented in the S6 Edge

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:59 PM
    My only problem with edged and rounded screens are that it limits case options. I like to have a case that is a little higher then the phone so when I place the phone on a flat surface the glass doesn't touch it. If we need to access the edges of the phone it doesn't seem like that is possible

Posted via CB10
    I totally abandoned case for my passport. I found it useless. Have been running without a screen protector as well. Figure if it ever gets too scratched or I am ready to sell I will cash in on the insurance I pay 12 bucks a month for.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:13 PM
    I hope they implement it similar to how it's implemented in the S6 Edge

Posted via CB10
    Or find an even better way, a BlackBerry way... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    jupiter8 likes this.
    03-10-15 06:02 PM
    Just going to chime in, they had better not remove the LED.

It has always been one thing I've loved about BlackBerry that Android and iPhone's never properly adopted! I love my rainbow notifications for phone calls and my Canada themed lightshow notifications for BBM's!

On the case front, I really want to see a good case come out for this. For my old Torch's that was always a weak-point, that the case couldn't really attach to the phone or wrap around it for the screen part. It just kinda hung there with 4 small plastic pieces holding it on.

My Passport I've been using the soft-gel case and it's served me perfectly in that it sticks out of the screen a little. Just enough so that the screen never touches the surface if I put it face-down (which I do fairly often to dismiss notifications thanks to Hub++)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-10-15 07:05 PM
    Just going to chime in, they had better not remove the LED.

It has always been one thing I've loved about BlackBerry that Android and iPhone's never properly adopted! I love my rainbow notifications for phone calls and my Canada themed lightshow notifications for BBM's!

On the case front, I really want to see a good case come out for this. For my old Torch's that was always a weak-point, that the case couldn't really attach to the phone or wrap around it for the screen part. It just kinda hung there with 4 small plastic pieces holding it on.

My Passport I've been using the soft-gel case and it's served me perfectly in that it sticks out of the screen a little. Just enough so that the screen never touches the surface if I put it face-down (which I do fairly often to dismiss notifications thanks to Hub++)

Androids have led lights. Ex. Samsung

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:07 PM
    Androids have led lights. Ex. Samsung

Posted via CB10
    Full-on multicoloured? The only ones I've ever seen are just white-only flashing LEDs!

03-10-15 07:20 PM
    I would love to be able to lock my phone, put it down on a table, and when I get a new message, the left side of the curved display lights up (just the side) and shows me the peak hub view with my message counts and spark.

And someone earlier said using the side to scroll through documents/webpages, fantastic idea

That right side could also be used for a large virtual version of our volume rocker when music is playing. (on a related note, It would be a nice option not to have the volume keys locked to volume only on current bb10 devices, using them to zoom in or out, scroll through documents/websights, even change pages of apps kind of like the old wheel... Ok maybe I'm getting away from a good idea here haha)

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:31 PM
    Full-on multicoloured? The only ones I've ever seen are just white-only flashing LEDs!

No the LEDs can change color. Android peeps who are really into it use an app like Light Flow which is like BeBuzz.
    03-10-15 07:36 PM
    No the LEDs can change color. Android peeps who are really into it use an app like Light Flow which is like BeBuzz.
    I personally use Hub++ on BlackBerry10, but I get your drift

How long has that been a thing for them?

03-10-15 07:43 PM

My friend's samsung flashes red and blue and I'm sure there's more options

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:27 PM

It's been around for a while. I think my friend's samsung is a gs3

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's been around for a while. I think my friend's samsung is a gs3

Posted via CB10
    Oh okay :P just the iPhone's that still don't have it then, but what else is new?

At least BlackBerry beat them to the punch and it's much more commonly noticeable on a BlackBerry!

03-10-15 09:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    My son has an S4. The LED is used only for certain things and the colors are fixed. Red when charging and screen is off, blinking red when battery low and screen is off, blinking blue for any and all notifications, and blinking blue while voice recording and screen is off. I think the LED is green when charged but still plugged in - but there is no setting for that.

For the others, you can't change any of those settings other than on or off.

Maybe they expanded those settings for the S5, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:50 PM

The hardware ability has been forever as least to the original Droid that I'm personally aware of. The problem was there was no standard OS control so 3rd party apps have had to be used. More recently, overlays such as Samsung Touchwiz also have some options.
    03-10-15 11:06 PM
    The hardware ability has been forever as least to the original Droid that I'm personally aware of. The problem was there was no standard OS control so 3rd party apps have had to be used. More recently, overlays such as Samsung Touchwiz also have some options.
    BBOS predates the original droids though

The main thing I've been happy about since my BBOS5 device has been the ability for third-party apps to control the LED light for notifications. I can't remember what the app is called for the life of me, but there was a BBOS app that was free and only about a 100KB install size. By the time I left for BlackBerry10, that app had become an entire system management suite similar to Gadget Box (a BlackBerry10 app) I'd say :P

03-11-15 01:06 AM
    BBOS predates the original droids though

The main thing I've been happy about since my BBOS5 device has been the ability for third-party apps to control the LED light for notifications. I can't remember what the app is called for the life of me, but there was a BBOS app that was free and only about a 100KB install size. By the time I left for BlackBerry10, that app had become an entire system management suite similar to Gadget Box (a BlackBerry10 app) I'd say :P

Fixmo tools?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:55 AM
58 123