It's not a secret anymore that the Slider will be running Android. So, the question many of us are asking is: Will we get that update or get asked if we want to change our OS?
    Maybe some light is showing at the end of the tunnel.
    BlackBerry Dev Blog just posted this picture:
    Currecty BlackBerry phones, getting Android update?-devblog_ecl_sample.png

It's an HTML5 app made with Ionic and WebWorks, for the enterprise only, using Material Design. The thing is, why not update their current code with the 10.3 feel and look? Why make it Material?
    Currecty BlackBerry phones, getting Android update?-md.jpg

Source: Emergency Contact List (ECL) Update | BlackBerry Developer Blog | https://github.com/blackberry/BES10-...ework/ECL-Push
    Last edited by djmach_7HN; 09-17-15 at 12:15 PM.
    09-17-15 10:35 AM
    No idea, probably not.
    djmach_7HN likes this.
    09-17-15 10:43 AM
    It's not a secret anymore that the Slider will be running Android. So, the question many of us are asking is: Will we get that update or get asked if we want to change our OS?
    Maybe some light is showing at the end of the tunnel.
    BlackBerry Dev Blog just posted this picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devblog_ecl_sample.png 
Views:	438 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	371783

It's an HTML5 app made with Ionic and WebWorks, for the enterprise only, using Material Design. The thing is, why not update their current code with the 10.3 feel and look? Why make it Material?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	371785

Source: Emergency Contact List (ECL) Update | BlackBerry Developer Blog | https://github.com/blackberry/BES10-...ework/ECL-Push
    Because all the leaks point to vanilla Android with BlackBerry specific apps. Google wants people to use Material Design, BlackBerry is becoming their minion, so they will code the way Google wants them to code. Did people really believe you were going to get a BB10 skin on Android and you would have a BB10 device for all practical purposes with all of the Android apps?

Posted via Z30
    djmach_7HN likes this.
    09-17-15 10:52 AM
    Because all the leaks point to vanilla Android with BlackBerry specific apps. Google wants people to use Material Design, BlackBerry is becoming their minion, so they will code the way Google wants them to code. Did people really believe you were going to get a BB10 skin on Android and you would have a BB10 device for all practical purposes with all of the Android apps?

Posted via Z30
    I bet that's part of the deal with Google. It would have been awesome if phone came with a BB10 skin
    What I really want is the official release of the phone!
    09-17-15 12:18 PM