So if we exclude the devices its actually competing against and just measure it against a range of phones where every single one died in the market it's doing well?

Compelling.
    I don't want to extrapolate sales from these 'trend' figures.
    It's just plain dumb. How to compare a device preceded by a hundred(s) million(s) dollars marketing action with a non advertised (yet) device ?
    How to pretend the sum spent on advertising will necessarily result in sales ? Ask Microsoft, maybe ?

Now, if we wonder if current expectations of performance (market penetration) can reach 0.5% of a billion devices, it might be interesting to set a parallel with other devices of the same brand, which got a similar performance on a segment (non apple, non android) way, way, way, way, way smaller (eq Tiny).

But again, I won't do maths. Just express some thoughts, offered to your reflection.

P.S: there's only one race that fits us two : human.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-05-15 at 06:23 PM.
    cgk likes this.
    11-05-15 06:04 PM
    If only you were correct. In fact, running Google analytics shows that the Priv is barely a speck on the radar of people searching for phones or information about them on the internet. The Priv is that smallest light blue bar at the bottom and it's not even trending up any longer. It's abysmally low and flat.

Even the current Nexus 6P is well more than quadruple the Priv, the Moto X is more than 6x higher and the Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPhone are orders of magnitude higher and the Samsung is now a 7 month old phone.

Sadly, I'm not sure the Priv is generating much excitement at all other than on this Forum.

Attachment 378951

And, it's just as bad when comparing more to its peers (taking Samsung and Apple out). Even the Passport (a 1 year old phone) has roughly 50% of the interest of the Priv which is remarkable and the LG V10, the HTC One M9 and the Moto X far outpace the Priv from an internet search interest.

Attachment 378958
    I'd like to see the upper graph with the y axis over 3 months and not 10 years
    11-05-15 06:20 PM
    :::::::;.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:36 PM
    P.S: there's only one race that fits us two : human.

Posted via CB10

You wouldn't say that if I cooked for you - anyway the reviews are excellent this morning so we will see what impact they have.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-06-15 03:29 AM
    So, some so-expected reviews ... make your choice (just a pick, there are so many !)

BlackBerry Priv Review | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry Priv Review | Android Central
    BlackBerry Priv review: Its first Android phone ? and finally with apps galore | Financial Post
    BlackBerry Priv Review: BlackBerry May Win You Back With Android - WSJ

Wanna see a surprising (bc it's The Verge !) vid�o ?

Here you go, now fetch your twitter and/or Facebook and read/do all the good you want/can.
    11-06-15 04:21 AM
    https://www.google.com/trends/explor...tz=Etc%2FGMT-1

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-capture.png

Now.
    Compelling ?
    cgk likes this.
    11-06-15 12:20 PM
    Nope - launch day is easy - lets return to this in a month.

Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-06-15 12:39 PM
    Under NDA I can't say much!

Here's a one page version of the review:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/Print/2...y_priv_review/

I think BlackBerry has done a fantastic job, it's the best Android for business... but it's still Android. And since I write critically about Google, it probably isn't wise of me to use a Google phone.

Eg:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12...ut_key_critic/

(Scary stuff)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12...ut_key_critic/

I'm pretty happy with BB10 for work and WP8.1 and iOS for anything else.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:52 AM
    Finaly ... maybe we used the wrong search expression

cgk likes this.
    11-07-15 09:12 AM
    I'm surprised to come back to this so soon - but it looks like Priv search interest has come and gone already

I'm a bit baffled by that to be honest - I thought it would hold up for the first couple of weeks - I can only think its dropped off so quickly for two reasons:

1) there are simply no units available in stores - search traffic would continue upwards as new users looked for fixes for problems or advice on set-up but it appears the supply simply isn't there.

2) there is no detectable marketing/advertising for this device - none. I think the only thing that anyone has posted is a single cardboard sign in Selfridges.
    11-07-15 09:18 AM
    I'm surprised to come back to this so soon - but it looks like Priv search interest has come and gone already

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	379420
    Jeez. I figured interest would stay consistent for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:21 AM
    All curves going down. It's week-end folks.
    Also, it's sometimes tricky (thus the "all together" dip) with these charts, as they calculate on a weekly basis (5 days, I believe) and extrapolate .
    Let's see on Monday how it goes, maybe ?
    11-07-15 09:27 AM
    I'm a bit baffled to be honest - and outside the reasons I've outlined above I'm not clear why it would decline so quickly given I'd expect people over the first weekend to be searching for it - a theory advanced by some here (and I'm not completely convinced by - is that people simply don't know it exists).

I actually think it might pick up again when supply becomes available and people start setting up devices - but that does rely on BBRY getting devices out on a timely basis.

All curves going down. It's week-end folks.
    Also, it's sometimes tricky (thus the "all together" dip) with these charts, as they calculate on a weekly basis (5 days, I believe) and extrapolate .
    Let's see on Monday how it goes, maybe ?

That's true but the reason I'm using the LG G4 is that at this point, it's been on the market for six months - I would expect on the opening weekend regardless of everything else it would beat that device. Smartphones start strong or they go home because carriers quickly turn to stronger devices - Chen really needs to spend more than $1.50 on marketing and advertising.
    11-07-15 09:28 AM
    Another angle, same drop.
    I believe, as we're on a day scale basis, we have to wait for the end of the journey (4:32 PM here) to get relevant charts. Not sure what TZ is used though, therefore, monday will be clearer
    Edit : im my case, as printed : GMT +1

Edit (2) : as I mentionned before, the interest grows with the # of users actually owning the device (for settings, troubleshooting, skinning, etc.). Only a tiny # of Priv in the wild yet.
    11-07-15 09:32 AM
    Another angle, same drop.
    I believe, as we're on a day scale basis, we have to wait for the end of the journey (4:32 PM here) to get relevant charts. Not sure what TZ is used though, therefore, monday will be clearer
    Edit : im my case, as printed : GMT +1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	379421

Edit (2) : as I mentionned before, the interest grows with the # of users actually owning the device (for settings, troubleshooting, skinning, etc.). Only a tiny # of Priv in the wild yet.
    Yes i agree with that analysis.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-07-15 11:43 AM
90 ... 234