Nope:

(the two searches that trail off are Blackberry Priv and Samsung S6)

Attachment 378905

It isn't even currently having as much buzz as Passport at its peak:

Attachment 378907
    Think it's because most BB10 users don't like or even interested in upgrading to the PRIV unlike the passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 10:30 AM
    I'm not worried at all about the lack of advertising most importantly is the retail distribution and how they will market the device.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 10:57 AM
    Do you think you could run the company better? Why are you a expert or do you just like to Troll on here with negative posts.? It seems that way.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Are you saying that the company was run great and no one could do better? I have been involved in IT and programming for 35 years and BlackBerry could have been run much better. I think I could do a better job than Heins or Chen. I am not a troll but a very passionate BlackBerry user/programmer who has watched the BB10 disaster that was committed by BlackBerry management.

You call them negative posts, I call it real life posts. Do you really believe that everything is great and Priv will come in and save the day all by itself? Management hasn't changed and they will be the ones to make things worse as they haven't learned from the past.
    11-04-15 11:41 AM

Do they really need a launch event, though? The Priv has to be one of the top, if not the top, anticipated Android handsets of all time. I don't even recall the first Nexus getting this much hype and that phone was supposed to revolutionize the handset business in the U.S. [here is a clue, it didn't].
    If only you were correct. In fact, running Google analytics shows that the Priv is barely a speck on the radar of people searching for phones or information about them on the internet. The Priv is that smallest light blue bar at the bottom and it's not even trending up any longer. It's abysmally low and flat.

Even the current Nexus 6P is well more than quadruple the Priv, the Moto X is more than 6x higher and the Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPhone are orders of magnitude higher and the Samsung is now a 7 month old phone.

Sadly, I'm not sure the Priv is generating much excitement at all other than on this Forum.

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-blackberry-search-interest.png

And, it's just as bad when comparing more to its peers (taking Samsung and Apple out). Even the Passport (a 1 year old phone) has roughly 50% of the interest of the Priv which is remarkable and the LG V10, the HTC One M9 and the Moto X far outpace the Priv from an internet search interest.

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-blackberry-search-interest-ii.png
    Last edited by Techno-guy; 11-04-15 at 12:28 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-15 12:16 PM
    Nope:

(the two searches that trail off are Blackberry Priv and Samsung S6)

Attachment 378905

It isn't even currently having as much buzz as Passport at its peak:

Attachment 378907
    Passport, now that IS a BlackBerry device. With a proper marketing, this and the classic would have each easily pass the million mark.

I don't have patience to sugarcoat things.
    11-04-15 03:18 PM
    J Caloy!!!! Where's you at??? Do something... will you hate BlackBerry Priv, too?

Posted from my sexy Z10
    His BBMC says he getting out of doing BlackBerry reviews so he's not doing a Priv review. He's a STAR now. Lol

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-04-15 03:25 PM
    Think it's because most BB10 users don't like or even interested in upgrading to the PRIV unlike the passport.

I think it's because the phone hasn't really even been given a proper announcement. After it is released and people see them it will get more hype.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:15 PM
    It isn't so crazy. In the UK we received our review units last week, and the embargoes lift early on Friday morning.

I 'm doing ours at The Register.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, delboyca and cgk like this.
    11-04-15 05:50 PM
    Interesting how they're getting harder and harder to find once you get away from this particular forum.
    ^^^THIS

They are like passing NASCAR fans, just hoping for a big wreck. Since most of then are in one place, too bad there isn't some sort of spray or fogger.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-05-15 04:38 AM
    If only you were correct. In fact, running Google analytics shows that the Priv is barely a speck on the radar of people searching for phones or information about them on the internet. The Priv is that smallest light blue bar at the bottom and it's not even trending up any longer. It's abysmally low and flat.

Even the current Nexus 6P is well more than quadruple the Priv, the Moto X is more than 6x higher and the Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPhone are orders of magnitude higher and the Samsung is now a 7 month old phone.

Sadly, I'm not sure the Priv is generating much excitement at all other than on this Forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackberry search interest.png 
Views:	597 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	378951

And, it's just as bad when comparing more to its peers (taking Samsung and Apple out). Even the Passport (a 1 year old phone) has roughly 50% of the interest of the Priv which is remarkable and the LG V10, the HTC One M9 and the Moto X far outpace the Priv from an internet search interest.

Name:	Blackberry search interest II.png 
Views:	588 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	378958
    Moto X lol. That alone means that chart is worthless.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-05-15 04:41 AM
    I'm not sure how you guys set the trends analysis parameters ...
    FWIW I made this this morning (in French, but translated, noted some extra)
    As you can see, if we refer to BlackBerry devices only (2015), Priv is over trending them seriously, even against the biggest device installed base (Z10), for example. So, be very cautious with "statistics" ...

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-googletrendspriv05-11-2015.png

P.S: as you can see, the end of the significant segments is spotted with the dots. Don't stress with the lines going down afterwards; calculations have not been made/published yet and new publications (spotted by capital letters) will very likely make it going north again.

PP.S: Now if we do the same analysis but with "News" instead of "web search" as for the type of search, it's (logically) even more obvious.

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-capture.png
    MO3iusONE and miketko like this.
    11-05-15 05:12 AM
    As you can see, if we refer to BlackBerry devices only (2015), Priv is over trending them seriously, even against the biggest device installed base (Z10), for example. So, be very cautious with "statistics" ...
    Your comparison is to other Blackberry phones, which have been decimated in the marketplace. Their interest in near zero. Agreed, the Priv's interest is slightly above that but there have been sweeping claims that the Priv is the most talked about and most anticipated Android device ever and when you compare it to other Android devices (and Apple too) interest in the Priv barely registers.

The data is what the data is. I wish it weren't so but it seems interest in the Priv is pretty much confined to this Forum - of course, we'll know when real sales statistics are released but it's certainly not a hopeful kick-off.
    11-05-15 08:06 AM

Name:	googletrendsPriv05-11-2015.png 
Views:	1285 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	379047

P.S: as you can see, the end of the significant segments is spotted with the dots. Don't stress with the lines going down afterwards; calculations have not been made/published yet and new publications (spotted by capital letters) will very likely make it going north again.

PP.S: Now if we do the same analysis but with "News" instead of "web search" as for the type of search, it's (logically) even more obvious.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1283 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	379048

Why would you set the parameters for BlackBerry devices only, and why just for 2015?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-05-15 08:19 AM
    Your comparison is to other Blackberry phones, which have been decimated in the marketplace. Their interest in near zero. Agreed, the Priv's interest is slightly above that but there have been sweeping claims that the Priv is the most talked about and most anticipated Android device ever and when you compare it to other Android devices (and Apple too) interest in the Priv barely registers.

The data is what the data is. I wish it weren't so but it seems interest in the Priv is pretty much confined to this Forum - of course, we'll know when real sales statistics are released but it's certainly not a hopeful kick-off.
    I've never made statement like "the Priv is the most talked about and most anticipated Android device ever".

As you can notice, I was comparing the Priv trend with other BlackBerry devices because I felt that several previous statements were biased by the scale (1).
    What we only get from there is that the most trending device from BlackBerry right now is the Priv.

It is above Z10+Passport together and all the "interest" it brings from current users (some millions) searching for help, accessories, OS updates or anything related to it and you can't count this as zero. In fact that's almost the opposite: there will be more requests from current users than searches at launch (at least for BlackBerry devices). That's why you have the second graph I suggested where it is about "news" and not "searches" ... see the gap ?

As often with this kind of statistics it is useless / hazardous to try to extrapolate. I didn't.
    One may just be happy it's not the other way.

Why would you set the parameters for BlackBerry devices only, and why just for 2015?
    Because I want a snapshot of current situation regarding Priv V.S other BlackBerry devices.
    + scale issue described below (1).

(1) P.S :
    The Priv is that smallest light blue bar at the bottom and it's not even trending up any longer. It's abysmally low and flat.
    This statement, for example, is unreal. The bars are averages over the period you choose (10 years ) and the line isn't flat, at all, as you can see on my graphs. Your overly long scale flattens the whole picture.
    Even my 2015 only scale did flatten the bars. Here's the 30 days scale (priv red, Z10 yellow, passport blue, classic green) ...

This is crazy - when will we see the real reviews?-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-05-15 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Sorry for the multiple edits, trying to make this as clear as possible.
    11-05-15 09:14 AM
    At least it's the most talked about BlackBerry device in the last few years haha shows something is working atleast.

11-05-15 11:08 AM
    Your overly long scale flattens the whole picture.
    Even my 2015 only scale did flatten the bars. Here's the 30 days scale (priv red, Z10 yellow, passport blue, classic green) ...

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	531 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	379080
    Maybe we're seeing two totally separate things, but your 30 day scale shows the Priv completely flat since roughly Oct. 17th - that was 3 weeks ago. And, that is hardly a way to launch a device which starts sales tomorrow. Incidentally, my 30 day scale showed the same thing and the longer term scale helped give some perspective of the interest in the Priv (abysmally low) in comparison to other phones (not just terribly selling Blackberry's).

Regardless, we will both know how the market receives the Priv in very short order! I'm pulling for it (which is why I'm so frustrated at Blackberry's marketing efforts) so I truly hope there is as much interest out there as you seem to believe! Crossing my fingers (and toes!) that you are right!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-05-15 12:23 PM
    Why do you need to read a review for the Priv? Is that going to make or break your decision? Seems like the remaining BlackBerry faithful are ready to line up and grab this device to show John Chen that he can't fold the hardware business because it sold a couple hundred on opening weekend. Like all vendors after their opening weekend, it's all downhill after that...
    11-05-15 01:59 PM
    It isn't so crazy. In the UK we received our review units last week, and the embargoes lift early on Friday morning.

Posted via CB10
    Can you share any thoughts? If not specifics, are you reviewing it as a Android device in late 2015 or as a BB device? Or both?

My concerns as a Android device are: no fingerprint sensor, probably not class leading camera, heavy, BB apps probably not fully baked or integrated.

Looking forward to your review!
    11-05-15 02:29 PM
    I pre-ordered a week ago. Happy to give BlackBerry the benefit of the doubt as always. But I do want to see the real reviews - which I guess are just a few hours away now!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:38 PM
    Pre-release reviews haven't been kind, fair, or remotely balanced in favor of BlackBerry since 2008. Each release is the same. Engadget, et. al. provide prospective buyers with a hatchet job of a review before the device is even available to the masses.

Keeping the device closely guarded until release changes the dynamic. Good on ya, BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I think SoCalRedbird is on to something with this... Lets be positive and see what comes tomorrow y'all.
    11-05-15 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    How are Fudo and the Mageek doing? I know they've been gone for a while but wow I used to read the Reg and Inq daily for a long spell last decade.
    11-05-15 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean early Friday, like 0:01 GMT?
    11-05-15 03:07 PM
    I
    What we only get from there is that [B]the most trending device from BlackBerry right now is the Priv.
    So if we exclude the devices its actually competing against and just measure it against a range of phones where every single one died in the market it's doing well?

Compelling.
    11-05-15 04:08 PM
    So if we exclude the devices its actually competing against and just measure it against a range of phones where every single one died in the market it's doing well?

Compelling.
    Your sarcasm and condescending perspective is annoying. He was, very obviously, pointing out that it is actually trending more than the other BlackBerry devices, which is contrary to what was claimed. He never made claims about it surpassing any competitors, you're purposely misconstruing his post, despite his extremely lengthy efforts to make his intentions quite clear.

I know that you think you're smarter than everyone here, and you may well be, but do you really need to be so offensive about it?

Anyway, back on topic: I would like to see a real review of this device, but I'm doubtful about the handset's success. Samsung's success is very obviously because of marketing...they will retain their position at the top as long as the company has their hand in nearly every pocket in the business world. That's how the free market works...kudos to them. I personally feel that it's a bit boring...monopolies always are to me (obviously this isn't a true monopoly, I don't need people splitting hairs over my clear generalisation). BB seem to have a crippling fear of marketing, so it's probably not going to rock the competition...though, I do think it will outsell the other BB handsets since it's the first device with specs that aren't extremely old (though the SoC still isn't as powerful as the S6 Edge).

I don't particularly like the memory (and process, for that matter) handling in Android, but if I get to have BB Hub and a PKB on some monster specs (as long as the Camera and Speakers are good), then sure...I'll get the device. I will need to replace my Z30 next year sometime anyway. Though, I won't miss the fighting with unofficial apps. I will, however, miss having dedicated USB and HDMi ports...guess I will need the charge and stream accessory. But having a curved 5.4" screen, a PKB, a massive battery, a great camera, great speakers, the BB Hub, external storage (ERMAHGERD YES! Suck it, Samsung! lol), and some supposed security fanciness all without having to contribute to the market-leaders; then I will gladly grab this device.
    Superfly_FR and Paintman321 like this.
    11-05-15 05:24 PM
    Your sarcasm and condescending perspective is annoying.
    I'm English and an academic - it's pretty much unavoidable - it's just how we speak - it doesn't actually mean anything. Anyway - Superfly_FR and I interact a lot, he knows my style and he's never had a problem (He's from a race that beats my own for condescending but they just do it with a better wine list).
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-15 05:36 PM
90 1234