I don't think I would have any interest in that! What difference would it make, will it benefit BlackBerry? Will all the four major carries in the US carry it if it was on bb10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-08-16 07:14 PM
    PRIV physical keyboard is actually really good. I enjoy it a lot. Works perfectly fine and it is not too small or anything, it's perfect in my opinion.

I think it's better than the se with certain things like double tap and cut and paste! Just feels small and cheap but nice in a good way!

01-08-16 07:17 PM
    Keyboard on Priv sucks... so BlackBerry please release Passport V2 and Z50... then I'm fine as long as it is not Android...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 02:05 AM
    BBOS on thr Priv ??

Are u serious??

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    01-09-16 03:58 AM
    the Priv has a bad pkb. it's discussed often here, and it's a common opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Hey I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. You have no idea how long I waited for a decent keyboard only to be shown this Mattell toy keyboard on the Priv.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-09-16 04:04 AM
    BBOS quick???
    Yes. Many of you have poor memories and only remember the bad. If not overloaded, BBOS was INSTANT. These new phone have nothing instant, everything loads or has a stupid animation.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-09-16 07:17 AM
    I want the Android phone with the best physical keyboard. Which android phone with a physical keyboard do you recommend instead of the Priv?

Lol - these BBOS threads are so 2015

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    01-09-16 07:39 AM
    Almost no need for any development costs, and maybe a nice bump to sales.
    Both of these things are patently untrue.
    01-09-16 08:07 AM
    Both of these things are patently untrue.
    Yeah, especially when Chen himself said it was the switch from BB10 to Android where they can lower the profitable target from 10M to 5M...

If it really didn't need any development costs the switch would have never happened. Hence, I rest my verdict: stupid thread is stupid.
    01-09-16 08:19 AM
    Interesting. I didn't see the thread you're referring to. But OS/2 is not a very handheld friendly OS. And it doesn't belong to Blackberry. And it would require a lot of development costs to implement. BBOS and BB10 could be implemented at almost no cost at all. I've seen the question of BB10 on the Priv debated widely. I have also seen BB10 vs. BBOS debated widely. I do have a slight interest in seeing how BBOS would perform on real advanced hardware.
    01-09-16 08:22 AM
    The only thing BBOS in the end was quick at was shutting down - especially when you pull out the battery.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-09-16 08:30 AM
    I miss that egg-timer!

Maybe they could bring back the need for daily battery-pulls on this BBOS-Priv too? Just for that authentic experience.
    01-09-16 10:49 AM
    Yes. Many of you have poor memories and only remember the bad. If not overloaded, BBOS was INSTANT. These new phone have nothing instant, everything loads or has a stupid animation.
    Well... using it as a "phone" was pretty fast.

But, I've bogged my old Torch down more than a few times just going through my emails. And that's a basic function of the thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 05:06 PM
    the Priv has a bad pkb. it's discussed often here, and it's a common opinion.

Posted via CB10
    That's not a fact. It's an opinion

I've tried it a bunch of times and I think the Priv keyboard is great. And two friends with Priv also like it a lot. Yes, you're right, there are people who don't like it either.

But that doesn't make us right that it's good, or you right that it's bad. We just have differing opinions.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:41 PM
    I'd buy it, if text was via Morse code. Maybe update the old apps with Windows 3.1 quality graphics.
    01-09-16 11:41 PM
    Abort, Retry, Fail?_
    01-10-16 12:26 AM
    Confirmed: Crazy idea.
    tufcustomer and Jonneh like this.
    01-10-16 12:35 AM
    The 9900 had the PERFECT keyboard!
    Still got mine... I pick it up from time to time, just to type on it. Then I shed a tear in remembrance.
    kirson likes this.
    01-10-16 08:44 AM
    id rather have the click wheel on the priv then BBOS on it.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-10-16 09:16 AM
    Honestly, I've tried the keyboard on the Priv and it is utter crap. Of course the blackberry physical faithful have been spoiled by the likes of great keyboards. So no I would not be interested unless they are able to significantly improve the physical keyboard. Otherwise BB10 on a slider would be AWESOME! Because the virtual keyboard is fantastic!
    Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    I had a passport and that the same. Now I love my privs keys better! It's fun to type on and feels great!

Just had to get used to it. Force myself to use it. Now it's epix

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-10-16 12:42 PM
    I had a passport and that the same. Now I love my privs keys better! It's fun to type on and feels great!

Just had to get used to it. Force myself to use it. Now it's epix

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    So then I guess I will have to try it out a little more in store. Then I would go for a BB10 Slider =P
    01-13-16 11:59 AM
    You've one of the only people I've seen mention that the physical keyboard sucks (regardless of OS on the Priv). I mean once I figured out I wouldn't be blind typing like I used to with 9900 type/shape/sized keyboard Priv was done for me. If I'm going to spend that much on Android I'll do it with a company who has better specs and better quality control for the money.

I've accepted I'm going to have an android phone in the near future. In order for me to come back to BlackBerry they need to make a real keyboard. Hire back whoever designed the 9900.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    I really didn't like it, very mushy and not clicky at all. The 9900 was the best! The classic and q10 are okay, but the passport is by far the best best, aside from having the alt key and symbols on the screen, which means having to look at the phone sometimes.

I have a OnePlus One that I use as a backup around the house, so definitely, there are better androids out there for a lot less.
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-13-16 12:03 PM
    Opinions are just that. You have to form your own in reality instead of listening to me or somebody who doesn't like it.

There is nothing wrong with the physical keyboard, especially if you get used to it. Which is very easy for any human being with a useful brain, functional eyes, thumbs that work, possessing reading and writing capabilities. That's just my opinion though. See disclaimer atop this post for clarification on opinions.

The keyboard is not mushy, pudding is mushy. The keys have all the appropriate tactile features possible for the design that has emerged as the PRIV.

If it was just like a Q10 or Classic keyboard, everybody would hate the 1 inch thickness more than whatever little nit picky things people whine about now.

I really like the fact I can slide it open and start typing without even looking at the keys. It's awesome. It's a perfect slider device.

01-14-16 09:11 PM
    So funny. BBOS

01-14-16 09:24 PM
    No need for a Priv with BB 10, more need for a Passport with BlackDroid

Posted via the CrackBerry App for AndrOS 10
    01-15-16 12:03 AM
53 123