Accidently I cracked my BlackBerry Priv's screen and I was wondering what is the cheapest way to replace/fix it... never cracked a phone's screen before so I don't know the prices

Screen works perfectly fine without any issue if it makes any difference..

And apparently it is easy to replace but I'm just hoping it doesn't cost a lot.. Frame looks good

If you guys have any recommendations let me know

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-01-16 07:31 PM
    Most phones will be about 200 for parts and labour. But the Priv will be more probs around 700 from what I've heard.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    07-01-16 08:01 PM
    Man that sucks. One of the reasons I got a hard case was to minimize that possibility - saw the screen was curved, just inviting a drop and break/cracked screen.

... something I never had to be concerned with sans my old Q10.
    07-01-16 08:04 PM
    PRIV parts

Look at the youtube videos. Its not hard to replace but expensive part as screens go.
    07-01-16 08:16 PM
    Accidently I cracked my BlackBerry Priv's screen and I was wondering what is the cheapest way to replace/fix it... never cracked a phone's screen before so I don't know the prices

Screen works perfectly fine without any issue if it makes any difference..

And apparently it is easy to replace but I'm just hoping it doesn't cost a lot.. Frame looks good

If you guys have any recommendations let me know

It looks simple to replace the Priv's screen if you view the numerous tear downs of the device, but I wouldn't attempt it unless you are 100% confident with your ability to successfully reassemble it... The screens I've seen priced anywhere from $239 to $300... You could attempt to sell that as is and then take that + a little more and buy a new Priv... I think shopBlackBerry is at $549 for the Priv... That's a little better... Did you, by chance, insure your phone? Usually they'd replace it for $150-$200, the best option all around...

07-01-16 08:23 PM
    I replacement a z10 screen for about 40 euro, and a z30 screen for about 50 eur, both took about 5 minutes.

I imagen the priv might be a bit more expensive and a bit more work due to the sliding mechanism but the cost for the replacement screen should not be too expensive I think, haven't seen any though

07-02-16 06:52 AM
    I priced Priv screens. About $280 on ebay and I all phone parts outlets I checked were "out of stock."

I checked two repair shops here near DC and one wanted $380 but recommended that I let BlackBerry do it. The other does not work on BlackBerry devices at all.

07-02-16 08:29 PM