11-18-15 07:05 PM
30 12
tools
    Does this one have the key registering problem you encountered onyour first one?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Yup. It's a software problem through and through.
    Hoping for an update soon.
    Having said that I have been using he phone properly for he whole day, as in my SIM card has been in it and I've been texting and what's-aping on it. And you tw not too bad. I just type a little slower. But I am finding myself using the VKB for WhatsApp purely because it's easier to type in emojis in the body of text. When I type a longer message I use the PKB and just make sure I slow down. Annoying but what can ya do!
    11-18-15 03:42 PM
    Sadly, I have to agree with a lot of what OP said. I noticed that one of the first comments said you need to give the Priv time, but the average consumer can't/won't do that; they'll buy the phone that most impresses them the day they go to upgrade, and I don't think that will be the Priv for most people. And at the end of the day, that's who BlackBerry needs to impress. It doesn't need to win over long-time fans who frequently visit the CrackBerry forums there aren't enough of them to keep the company afloat. It needs to win over other Android and iOS users who have been buying competing devices for a while.

I'm not saying the Priv is bad. My first model was terrible (build quality was very poor, sym key was stuck, battery life was shocking), but my second unit rarely stutters, is well built, and has excellent battery life. But when I look at it on my desk next to the Galaxy Note 5 or the Galaxy S6 edge+, it just doesn't look like a premium, high-end device. The Samsungs also have better displays, better speakers, wireless charging, and one of the best smartphone cameras on the market. And the two handsets I've just mentioned can be had for less than the Priv at the moment.

When I forget about the BlackBerry fans, and I think about the average consumer going to buy a smartphone, I just can't see them picking this over the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, or even LG especially not at this price. Unless you need the physical keyboard, there are better choices for less.
    11-18-15 06:00 PM
    Why is it the BB fans keeps slamming the Priv and I see Android fans backing it up? Perhaps if you really like BB the company, you should just go on with their BB10 and be happy and let the Android fans have their BlackBerry and eat it too. Tired of all these BB fans slamming it cuz it is Android.
    cdavisunlimited likes this.
    11-18-15 06:44 PM
    Why is it the BB fans keeps slamming the Priv and I see Android fans backing it up? Perhaps if you really like BB the company, you should just go on with their BB10 and be happy and let the Android fans have their BlackBerry and eat it too. Tired of all these BB fans slamming it cuz it is Android.
    Totally agree. I'm an Android guy and love the Priv, but I read SO many BB10 fans posting things that are just flat out silly. BlackBerry made an Android device, and as far as Android Devices on the market go, it's really good. If you like BB10 better, then stick with BB10. But BlackBerry IS moving forward with Android, get over it.
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    11-18-15 06:54 PM
    Totally agree. I'm an Android guy and love the Priv, but I read SO many BB10 fans posting things that are just flat out silly. BlackBerry made an Android device, and as far as Android Devices on the market go, it's really good. If you like BB10 better, then stick with BB10. But BlackBerry IS moving forward with Android, get over it.
    I'm with you. This is the first BlackBerry device I've touched in 10 years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 07:05 PM
30 12