I'm running a Keyone but felt the need to get another hands on with a Priv. (Battery life on KEYone is a gift of the gods! The longest lasting phone in history?) Especially with a price tag of $189 US including shipping for a new and unlocked Priv off eBay.

So when it arrives and I start setting it up, anyone got any suggestions for me?

Obviously charge it up and perform any and all updates.

I have thirty days to return if it bombs out.

My first Priv went back to store with massive and fast charge loss, and gosh awful hot, I could feel waves of hot air coming off it. Within two days of getting it I took a long distance road trip and used map and music constantly. It was scary hot!

The way it comes across now, and please correct me, with the latest updates these defects were solved? Yes - No?

Unless you warn me not to, I was going to set it up with all BB set. I understand I can also delete all BB apps and run as a pure Android? Yes - No?

I may try pure BB Apps first for month then try pure Android for a month to compare.

Any-hoo, maybe Thursday/Friday for Priv ETA, getting pumped.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-13-18 12:40 PM
    You already have a KEYone... set it up the same or go the pure Android route. Up to you, but you pretty much bought a similar device in a different package.
    EndRacism likes this.
    02-13-18 12:53 PM
    I thought I was only one who likes BlackBerry PRIV over keyone. I already have two keyone but I recently bought another priv brand new and it's performing better than my previous BlackBerry PRIV somehow. Only difference is that this is newer build. I've gone through 4 different BlackBerry PRIV and one of them had overheating issue.
    EndRacism likes this.
    02-13-18 01:27 PM
    I thought I was only one who likes BlackBerry PRIV over keyone. I already have two keyone but I recently bought another priv brand new and it's performing better than my previous BlackBerry PRIV somehow. Only difference is that this is newer build. I've gone through 4 different BlackBerry PRIV and one of them had overheating issue.
    My hope is that since this is a New Priv that the build would the last build and perhaps better as you mentioned, as for loving it, that is to be determined later. I'm nervous that I get a repeat of the first Priv I bought but returned promptly. (As far as KEYone, I have the black only because it has more memory and I assumed much less chance of screen falling off, But, I prefer the look of the silver KEYone! I wish I could put the gut of my black into a Silver case!)
    02-13-18 01:35 PM
    My hope is that since this is a New Priv that the build would the last build and perhaps better as you mentioned, as for loving it, that is to be determined later. I'm nervous that I get a repeat of the first Priv I bought but returned promptly. (As far as KEYone, I have the black only because it has more memory and I assumed much less chance of screen falling off, But, I prefer the look of the silver KEYone! I wish I could put the gut of my black into a Silver case!)
    If you get bore with your black keyone, I'll trade ya for my silver edition
    02-13-18 02:45 PM
    I just got my priv too loving it!
    02-13-18 04:06 PM
    Hello,

Using a new priv 2 weeks and working very good. No overhead and battery is OK. Not heavy user, getting about 9 to 11 hours battery. phone working very quickly

best regards
    02-13-18 11:25 PM
    I've had my Priv (STV100-1) about a month now and I just love this phone! I have FB and BBM opened on this thing all day plus this forum and CNN app. I get about 10 hrs out of the battery and the only time it gets hot is when I have it plugged in.

So for a couple of hundred bucks you just can't go wrong. Hope you have the same experience!
    02-14-18 01:27 AM
    I've had my Priv (STV100-1) about a month now and I just love this phone! I have FB and BBM opened on this thing all day plus this forum and CNN app. I get about 10 hrs out of the battery and the only time it gets hot is when I have it plugged in.

So for a couple of hundred bucks you just can't go wrong. Hope you have the same experience!
    Did you do any tweaking for even better battery life? Like scale down resolution etc...
    02-14-18 07:11 AM
    The moment I saw this thread title I thought - "Wow, Priv V2 has been announced, how did I miss that"?
    EndRacism likes this.
    02-14-18 07:32 AM
    The moment I saw this thread title I thought - "Wow, Priv V2 has been announced, how did I miss that"?
    LOL! My new Priv, not the new Priv! ROTFL
    Qorax likes this.
    02-14-18 07:34 AM
    Did you do any tweaking for even better battery life? Like scale down resolution etc...
    Nope, never did change the screen resolution as that's the main feature of this device. Turned ambient light off, running at half brightness. It's pretty much stock. I tried the GPS yesterday and that ran it down pretty quick though.
    02-14-18 11:08 AM
    Nope, never did change the screen resolution as that's the main feature of this device. Turned ambient light off, running at half brightness. It's pretty much stock. I tried the GPS yesterday and that ran it down pretty quick though.
    I'd really give the resolution mod a shot. I took it a step further by taking it down to 720x1280. And honestly, I got used to it, thanks to the amazing AMOLED, I don't feel like I'm using a smartphone from 2013.
    02-14-18 02:11 PM
    I'd really give the resolution mod a shot. I took it a step further by taking it down to 720x1280. And honestly, I got used to it, thanks to the amazing AMOLED, I don't feel like I'm using a smartphone from 2013.
    Hopefully not since it was released at the end of 2015!
    02-14-18 02:16 PM
    The Priv arrived today, while setting up WiFi, the 'w' key wouldn't work, I pressed almost all other keys and they worked normally, then I went back and pressed firmly on the 'w' key and it worked but it is way too abnormal pressure to work with on a daily basis! Back it goes!!! The Priv bites me a second time......
    02-14-18 02:53 PM
    The Priv arrived today, while setting up WiFi, the 'w' key wouldn't work, I pressed almost all other keys and they worked normally, then I went back and pressed firmly on the 'w' key and it worked but it is way too abnormal pressure to work with on a daily basis! Back it goes!!! The Priv bites me a second time......
    Wow, that does bite... Sorry to hear.
    EndRacism likes this.
    02-14-18 03:15 PM
    Where did you get it from? is this NEW? I guess you should get them from me I have 1 or 2 used one.
    02-14-18 04:04 PM
    I got brand new priv from deremi and now my keyone is for sale now.
    EndRacism likes this.
    02-14-18 06:12 PM
    Where did you get it from? is this NEW? I guess you should get them from me I have 1 or 2 used one.
    I could be interested in what you have. Give me a few days to see how this pans out, I don't think the seller has a replacement because I went back to seller ad and shows Quantity Available = Zero. With that said, I would be looking for; Used Like New (No screen scuffs, nor scratches, no dents on body, etc) Carrier Unlocked, Private Message me with what you have, if PM allows, send pics of screen. Don't forget prices too.
    02-14-18 06:19 PM