I am not able to update my Priv. The system keeps trying to update and when it fails, it automatically attempts to update again. Its already wasted 3gb + of my mobile data while it attempted to update in my pocket. I need some help/advice on what to do, because I cannot turn my mobile data on until my issue is resolved.
    Attached Thumbnails Couldn't Update - System Update - Help please --151154.jpg  
    12-16-17 12:04 AM
    Luckily for Priv owners the final software update has been distributed in autoloader form as well: https://ca.blackberry.com/content/bl...OS-Reload.html

Download the right one for your variant and follow the instructions. If you want, you can edit the flashall script inside the autoloader to remove the lines that wipe the phone, so you can update without losing un-backed up data.
    12-16-17 02:38 PM
    Luckily for Priv owners the final software update has been distributed in autoloader form as well: https://ca.blackberry.com/content/bl...OS-Reload.html

Download the right one for your variant and follow the instructions. If you want, you can edit the flashall script inside the autoloader to remove the lines that wipe the phone, so you can update without losing un-backed up data.
    Probably a good idea to grab it and keep it safe somewhere as well, not sure how long they will keep it up.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    12-16-17 03:33 PM

Probably a good idea to grab it and keep it safe somewhere as well, not sure how long they will keep it up.
    Which is the October and KRACK patch ....
    12-16-17 03:39 PM
    Which is the October and KRACK patch ....
    Well it's more like just in case you need it to reload the phone, only to find out they pulled the download. Although for almost 2 years I had the phone I never had to, only reloading I did was to move from one to another replacement phone.
    12-16-17 03:50 PM
    Are there instructions for modifying the script, I did find it a pain having to reload my apps and redo all my settings which are many, many, many in Android...
    12-17-17 10:59 AM
    Are there instructions for modifying the script, I did find it a pain having to reload my apps and redo all my settings which are many, many, many in Android...
    Open the right script for your platform with Notepad/some other text editor. Find the lines mentioning "flash userdata" and "oem securewipe". Delete those two lines and save the script.
    12-17-17 12:37 PM
    Could these be the lines I'm looking for?

$BIN/$FASTBOOT flash userdata $IMG/userdata.img
    $BIN/$FASTBOOT flash oem $IMG/oem.img

Or maybe this one...

$BIN/fastboot oem securewipe
    12-17-17 07:03 PM
    Could these be the lines I'm looking for?

Or maybe this one...

Keep that one.

Delete these two.

If you're on Windows do it in the flashall.bat file, if you're not do it in the flashall.sh file.
    12-17-17 09:08 PM
    Thanks, I modified the flashll.sh thinking it worked with the .bat file so ended up wiping my device.

I made the changes you said and since there's no more updates for the priv, I'll be ready next time...

Thanks
    12-17-17 09:27 PM
    Good advice. Gonna do that later today cause I'm gonna buy another priv as backup lol

Now I gotta learn how to install a autoloader file just incase
    12-18-17 07:53 AM
    Good advice. Gonna do that later today cause I'm gonna buy another priv as backup lol

Now I gotta learn how to install a autoloader file just incase
    How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS

Could print that page out as a PDF and store together.
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    12-18-17 08:00 AM