If the Blackberry Priv ends up being a success and I personally think it will be. What do you think of Google and Blackberry teaming up to do the next Nexus phone. The Nexus phones have never really had much success compared to other Android phones and this time around with the LG Nexus 5x and Huawei Nexus 6P underwhelming most people it seems to be no different this time. I think if both Google and Blackberry were to team up they could make the next Nexus phone the one that truly makes the Nexus THE sought-after flagship device.

Bare in mind this is just me doing some forward thinking in regards to the future opportunities Blackberry might be able to take advantage of in the Android eco-system, assuming the Priv does as well as I think it will.

What do you think?
    10-02-15 12:46 AM
    Really doubt it.

Nexus devices tend towards vanilla Google Android, while the Priv appears to deviate from that to some extent. Wouldn't fall under BlackBerry's security umbrella in that case, unless BlackBerry brought enough to share with everyone.
    10-02-15 01:48 AM
    not a chance IMO
    10-02-15 03:02 AM
    I certainly hope not... Nexus devices are all the way drenched in Google-ness... As little integration with Google Services as possible the better a device actually stands a chance of being secured... (The best a mobile device can be secured that is...) Nexus devices are balls-deep in Google Services by default... Stock Android < ...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:41 AM
    Doubt it also but I think Google will work with BlackBerry to promote the Priv and BlackBerry secure Android devices. It's in Googles interest to show enterprise that it's OS is secure as can be.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-02-15 08:01 AM
    Nexus is known for being one of the most pure google Android Phones. I don't think they would ever polluted it with a blackberry layer. I think if anything they'd take a hard look at blackberry's security layers(if they prove to be solid) and use their massive R&D budget to replicate it for Android Neapolitan or whatever they name it.
    10-02-15 11:40 AM
    I'd put more chance in Waterloo becoming a desert. Nexus phones are designed to be modified and tinkered with and the Nexus fanbase would absolutely shun the product if it was locked down for security reasons.
    10-02-15 11:43 AM
    Look Nexus sucks people buy them, if BlackBerry is smart they could take advantage of this opportunity to become better then Google

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:45 AM
    One thing I can say for sure is that the phones will not go bankrupt so BlackBerry may be able to build on this if the're smart

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 11:47 AM