Here is the thing, I did set aside $1000. But at this price, that's not enough!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L03 using Tapatalk
    Selling your current phone will help
    10-19-15 08:32 PM
    On kijiji no one wants more then 250 for my 4 month old M9, and probably 80 for the Q10
    10-19-15 08:34 PM
    I did, 10 minutes ago I sold my passport.

Still, it's not about having the money, it's about value for money, and the Priv doesn't quite reach that.

I'm aware that it will be expensive, and that blackberry overprices their devices.

But over $1000? Sorry, no.

anon4226395 and anon(9353145) like this.
    10-19-15 08:36 PM
    Maybe I am in denial, but I still think Street price will $850 or under, and carrier financed price $300 or under.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 08:54 PM
    Here is the thing, I did set aside $1000. But at this price, that's not enough!

I think the more people express their concerns about the pricing, the better. I asked a young Uni student today about BB. She is a former BB owner and now on a Sammy via an iphone. I have known her for quite some time. None of her friends has a BB (I'm in Canada at the moment). I asked her if she thought that her friends who had never experienced a PKB could ever look twice at a Priv. Her studied response really surprised me. She felt that up to 50% of her Uni friends could be potential buyers, especially those hanging on to older iphones. The PKB would be seen as a plus given the fact they spend half their day on laptops. Point is there is a real untapped potential for this this phone. They (BB et al) have to rein in their greed and price it appropriately. I'm quite well off, but in part because I value "good value". I certainly would not buy a Priv at 1100/1200 CDN, tax in. I would be disgusted at BB if they went there. Trust me, that sort of money is loose change to me, and I say that with respect to those who are less well off, but iterated just to put my situation in context.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-19-15 08:57 PM
    I think the more people express their concerns about the pricing, the better. I asked a young Uni student today about BB. She is a former BB owner and now on a Sammy via an iphone. I have known her for quite some time. None of her friends has a BB (I'm in Canada at the moment). I asked her if she thought that her friends who had never experienced a PKB could ever look twice at a Priv. Her studied response really surprised me. She felt that up to 50% of her Uni friends could be potential buyers, especially those hanging on to older iphones. The PKB would be seen as a plus given the fact they spend half their day on laptops. Point is there is a real untapped potential for this this phone. They (BB et al) have to rein in their greed and price it appropriately. I'm quite well off, but in part because I value "good value". I certainly would not buy a Priv at 1100/1200 CDN, tax in. I would be disgusted at BB if they went there. Trust me, that sort of money is loose change to me, and I say that with respect to those who are less well off, but iterated just to put my situation in context.
    I understand. It's not just about dropping the money. I'm not particularly well off, but if I stretched I could come up with 1100 - 1200. But it's just not worth it.

It's been said here multiple times, there are just as good or better devices for lower prices. We want this one because it is a blackberry, and it is different then most devices.

But that doesn't mean a giant price tag like that is worth it.

10-19-15 09:30 PM
    well said
    10-19-15 09:39 PM
    $706 US !!! Unless ATT puts it up for free on contract, they won't clear a dozen sold in the US at that price point... sheesh !!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 09:46 PM
    I really love this "ignore" feature, thanks CB
    10-19-15 09:48 PM
    $706 US !!! Unless ATT puts it up for free on contract, they won't clear a dozen sold in the US at that price point... sheesh !!

Posted via CB10
    Okay, got your prediction. Less than a dozen in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:21 PM
    If the prices comes in high, they will drop the price a month later anyway. So I'm not terribly worried about that. They'll just waste a month trying to figure out the right price.

I do worry that they can't get their message out properly and people may still think the Priv has an android runtime vs the real deal. I also wonder about supply, especially if they have to drop the price drastically.

I think 500k Privs in the first full quarter, assuming a price cut in December.
    10-19-15 10:30 PM
    $949.99 no term, $349.99 / $549.99 on tabs will NOT make this phone sell. I for one wont be picking it up.. I was excited for this phone, really was... I refuse to buy a phone that's along the lines of how much the iSheep buy it for theirs.

No, no, hell no. R.I.P BlackBerry, honestly. I was stoked for this phone but with the new pricing structure and for a "fanboy" to say no, should make you realize you've done ****ed up now.
    10-19-15 11:09 PM
    If the prices comes in high, they will drop the price a month later anyway. So I'm not terribly worried about that. They'll just waste a month trying to figure out the right price.

I do worry that they can't get their message out properly and people may still think the Priv has an android runtime vs the real deal. I also wonder about supply, especially if they have to drop the price drastically.

I don't know, I think they've done a good job of getting the buzz going about a BB phone with full-on Android.

But I don't see a price point very far north of $500 giving them any market share. It's just too high compared to other "premium" devices.
    10-19-15 11:10 PM
    $949.99 no term, $349.99 / $549.99 on tabs will NOT make this phone sell. I for one wont be picking it up.. I was excited for this phone, really was... I refuse to buy a phone that's along the lines of how much the iSheep buy it for theirs.

No, no, hell no. R.I.P BlackBerry, honestly. I was stoked for this phone but with the new pricing structure and for a "fanboy" to say no, should make you realize you've done ****ed up now.
    I was stoked for the phone as well but if the prices listed here are true, I'm out. No way I'm going to support such asinine pricing.

Too bad because I think from a tech / hardware pov they have a lot to offer.
    10-20-15 12:19 AM
    Blackberry is crazy if that's the price point they're considering.
    If official price is anything like this I'll just watch it collect dust on shelves for a couple of months then buy it for $500 like I did with the Q10
    10-20-15 02:12 AM
    Wow!

Not that I am interested, as a diehard Q user . . . And of course I have reservations about Android. However, as an executive that has done some turn arounds, albeit in a different sector, I truly hope this is NOT the price. For the sake of BB.
    10-20-15 03:41 AM
    :C:C

I can barely afford my 750 rent a month.

*Cries in a corner*
    I've been buying my phones outright for some time now but I'd be lying if I said I had money to throw.

I'm a big phone junkie though so, I usually find a way to save up for some of these phones..

But then I start to quest in myself.. For the amount of an unlocked phone, I can replace my couch with a better one, or maybe even update my wardrobe.

I need a less expensive hobby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-20-15 03:59 AM
    US$599.00 is the limit I can see for the Priv to have any hope of selling well enough to make a positive change to Blackberry's future wrt device sales.

US$549.00 is what the device should enter the market at but I don't believe that BlackBerry has the balls to do it right, they have zero interest in recovering device market share by their own effort. Don't bring the story that the device manufacturing costs are high because of its design and components so thats why the price is high, if the price is high then the majority of the market will not buy, if the majority of people are not willing to buy then why even bother bring the device to market?

Rather than broad siding the market with an attractive and innovative device at a good and reasonable price it would seem that the BlackBerry crew have turned the canons around and aimed them at the keel, they want to break the back of the remaining BlackBerry device supporters and end Blackberry's run in the device market once and for all.
    MO3iusONE and Doggerz like this.
    10-20-15 04:36 AM
    Does anyone remember the price of passport in canada when it was released? I know that they are in different leagues but still......
    10-20-15 05:27 AM

Except no-contract prices will stay all the way up there...
    10-20-15 05:38 AM

I'm not doing this for BlackBerry, I'm doing this for the QWERTY PKB.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-20-15 05:39 AM
    Does anyone remember the price of passport in canada when it was released? I know that they are in different leagues but still......
    699 with an intro offer at ShopBB at 599.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/09/24/bl...-699-unlocked/
    10-20-15 06:08 AM
    I'm not doing this for BlackBerry, I'm doing this for the QWERTY PKB.
    Amen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-20-15 06:11 AM
    RIP Blackberry. At that price its all over. The blackberry hardware division is toast. Means it will be marketed to only high end users in USA, CAN, UK, and maybe in the Middle East. Great Company ruined by lack of decisive actions win the 2000s, late and unfinished product in 2013 and bad marketing(including pricing) in during 2013-2015
    Last edited by roleli; 04-01-16 at 05:53 PM. Reason: changed market to marketed
    10-20-15 06:30 AM
    Hopefully the price of priv will be a bit above the passport but that's just wishful thinking.
    We will see the price in a week or two
    10-20-15 06:56 AM
146 ... 23456