So the other day I was listening to some music on my priv when suddenly the sd card corrupted. Is there anyway to extract all the music and pictures I had on it or am I SOL?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-17-16 09:09 PM
    Well allow me to respond and share my experience. In a nutshell that sd card is dead. I had a similar problem and I even took the card today to Geek Squad at bestbuy and the dude tried to read it but no success. Get a new one.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-17-16 09:28 PM
    Well allow me to respond and share my experience. In a nutshell that sd card is dead. I had a similar problem and I even took the card today to Geek Squad at bestbuy and the dude tried to read it but no success. Get a new one.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    It says I can format the sd card on the phone though

YeemanBB likes this.
    09-17-16 10:23 PM
    So the other day I was listening to some music on my priv when suddenly the sd card corrupted. Is there anyway to extract all the music and pictures I had on it or am I SOL?

There are file recovery Programs (for computer generally) that can sometimes recover files on sd-cards. You will need to be able to pull it from the phone and use an adapter if you find a program.

If you do reformat in the phone then the data will almost certainly be gone.

Good luck.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-18-16 12:13 AM
    Happened to me on my Classic last year. Here's my post on how I got my stuff back.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I hooked it up to my sister's (my old) computer and the SD card would no longer read. Had pictures on the card that I thought were gone. It took me about 2 or 3 days of googling on my current computer to get them back. I forget the step by step process but it involved running chkdsk and /r from the command prompt. After Windows did it's thing, everything was back to normal as nothing had happened. I copied the stuff and reformatted just to be sure. Basically it's just the file registry messed up hence you can't get to the files.
    Found the steps I followed to get the card readable again:

1. Place the 'damaged' mini sd card into the reader that came w/ the card, and mount it to pc card reader slot. I received a confirmation beep 'device detected' sound, then the message 'e:\ not accessible, the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'. The letter of your card reader drive may vary depending on your computer
    2. Open the start menu and type Run, this will open a command window where you will type CMD and click ok. This will open a DOS window.
    3. In the new DOS window enter the following Chkdsk e: /r (replace 'e' with the drive letter associated with your SD Card, make sure you enter the spaces properly). Press enter and the PC will begin reading the contents of the damaged SD card (most of the android zip files located, as well there were a number of files w/ no content). After the read completed I received my SD Card 'Auto Play' pop up window and my remaining files were accessible again
    4. Type exit in the DOS window and press enter to close.
    FF22, hoopitz and Uzi like this.
    09-18-16 07:52 AM
    You just saved all of my pics and vids - thanks a ton!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-16 11:06 AM
    You just saved all of my pics and vids - thanks a ton!
    Me too. What a relief. I had pictures from almost 10 years ago on my card.
    12-14-16 07:10 PM
    This is why I back up my pics and docs to Dropbox as well. You can never have too many backups. Lol
    12-14-16 09:07 PM