For my work phone I am limited by my corporate IT department to Samsung and Apple devices from Verizon. What case would you present to your IT dept. to bring Priv into the list of phones offered?
    05-30-16 10:29 AM
    Ask them what their case against other Android OEMs is?
    05-30-16 10:48 AM
    For my work phone I am limited by my corporate IT department to Samsung and Apple devices from Verizon. What case would you present to your IT dept. to bring Priv into the list of phones offered?
    So much for "Bring your own Device" policy. They may have a contractual agreement with Verizon? They may not want to support multiple hardware devices but that is silly since you already have several variations of iPhone and Samsung Devices in the company I'm sure. They obviously support Android and ioS.. There would be no technical issues on the MDM (Mobile Device Mgt) software side.
    05-30-16 10:58 AM
    So much for "Bring your own Device" policy. They may have a contractual agreement with Verizon? They may not want to support multiple hardware devices but that is silly since you already have several variations of iPhone and Samsung Devices in the company I'm sure. They obviously support Android and ioS.. There would be no technical issues on the MDM (Mobile Device Mgt) software side.
    That doesn't sound like a BYOD policy, restricting to device AND network. More like corporate can only order those approved models.

I mean if that is indeed the BYOD policy, I'll ask them to pay for it.
    05-31-16 07:44 AM
    What people tend tend to forget is that an IT Department has to support the whole IT infrastructure of a company and thus limiting support to certain devices allows them to train their people on how those devices are setup and operate. Remember IT Support users that run the range of people that are comfortable using smartphones/technology to people who barely know how to turn on a computer.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:58 AM