I am curious how on the priv you can customize the "convenience key" the one in-between the volume buttons?

also, i kept seeing about how to make shortcuts on the keyboard for example holding T on the physical keyboard launches an app or so. how is this customized?
    09-19-16 11:22 AM
    I am curious how on the priv you can customize the "convenience key" the one in-between the volume buttons?

also, i kept seeing about how to make shortcuts on the keyboard for example holding T on the physical keyboard launches an app or so. how is this customized?
    For keyboard shortcuts, Press/Hold on a Blank spot on your homescreen. Look below the screen images at the line that shows Wallpapers, Widgets... Settings. Press Settings, Press Keyboard Shortcuts. There you have 'Tabs' for Short and Long Press. Some are pre-assigned.

Go for it.

Frankly, I'm not sure that the middle button is a "convenience key!" But I will allow someone else to tackle that.
    09-19-16 11:36 AM
    "Buttons Remapper" on Google Play (free) will manage convenience key functions. Works well.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    FF22 likes this.
    09-19-16 11:47 AM
    "Buttons Remapper" on Google Play (free) will manage convenience key functions. Works well.

ok and in the application what key is it? theres a lot. i am not sure which one it is.
    09-19-16 03:29 PM
    Hi, it's called "volume_mute" about 3/4 of the way down the list of "Other" (note, don't let the blank spaces trick you into thinking that you're at the end of the kist...there tons)

Source : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1080786/
    09-19-16 08:52 PM
    That's right. Sorry; I didn't check back after posting. Hope you got it.

09-19-16 11:50 PM

Does this app permanently remap the buttons functionality or can it be done against other app e.g. I'd like to remap the volume keys to be the FWD and RWD when playing music. But I only want that with the music apps. I wouldn't want that occurring when say watching YouTube for instance.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    09-20-16 06:11 AM
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten that far into it since I was just focused on the convenience key and haven't gone beyond that. It appears to me that you can remap any key, but I don't see a way to remap keys differently based on device states. I'm not sure, though.

09-20-16 07:59 AM