Has happened all of a sudden and very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, my wifi seems to be continuously uploading and downloading i.e. the little arrows are always on. I have forced stopped and disabled all google apps except play (services) and Maps. I have 4 email accounts with a sync interval of 15min. I have only synced email so, in other words, do not have any calendar or contacts synced to any account. I do have facebook and have used DTEK to disable location services.

Is this a known problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 02:22 PM
    It might just be normal WiFi overhead communication.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Perhaps, the thing is it never seemed to do it before the MM update and when wifi is off, 4G data usage is normal, switch wifi back on and back to continuous uploading/downloading.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 02:30 PM
    Have you checked your WiFi data usage in settings to see if it is actually sending / receiving any significant data?
    06-02-16 02:46 PM
    Yep, and it does indicate significantly increased usage. Facebook and android system system are the biggest offenders over the time period but difficult to tell what is actually using wifi at any specific moment. I have forced stopped facebook but the usage continued. I guess it's some sort of syncing issue somewhere but don't want to delete and re-add email accounts quite yet (it's actually my wife's phone).

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 03:05 PM
    This happened to me on my exchange account several months ago. I had to delete the account and add it back. Basically what happened is that somehow the calendar account went wild and kept syncing and syncing.

So maybe deleting your wife's account and add it back is the only way to fix this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 04:19 PM
    Can't tell you what is the cause in your device, but can say it isn't doing it on my MM device - so it has nothing to do with MM itself.

Have you tried to force stop some apps in Prefs - apps menu that perhaps be suspicious for using data (e.g. also loading ads in background).
    06-02-16 07:46 PM