Hi all,

Maybe someone can help. I'm using a Priv and have it properly synced with my Office 365 account with the Hub. Emails flow properly, calendar items flow properly, but I'm having an issue with Contacts.

When I create a contact on the Priv and designate it to my Office 365 account, it doesn't get synced to my Office 365 account. Conversely, when I create a contact in Office 365, it doesn't sync with my Priv.

I checked my settings on the Priv and it is setup to sync everything, including Contacts.

I did a test where I installed the OWA app. When I create a contact in the OWA app, it syncs with Office 365, and vice-versa. I did notice that when I installed and setup the app, a new Contact of Exchange shows up in Contacts, which replicated the contacts in the OWA app. But again, if I created a new contact in OWA, it doesn't show up in the Contacts section under Exchange.

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

My goal, which I got it working most of the way, except for the syncing issue is to use Office Lens to record business cards. I have successfully used Office Lens to take a picture of the business card, transfer it over to OneNote app, then using the OneNote app, open the VCD card and save it to Contacts (both under the Office 365 account created via the Hub, and the Exchange Contacts section), but it's still not syncing from the Priv to online. This is only happening with contacts, which is strange, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    07-26-17 02:27 PM
    I had a similar problem when I first setup my Priv. Temporary solution was to setup a separate Gmail account that only synched contacts.
    Now, I just use Outlook for email, calendar and contacts. I've removed pretty much all the Google and Blackberry stuff. Not good if you use text (SMS) a lot, but as I only use email it works for me.
    07-27-17 07:19 AM
    Prior to using MS Exchange, what email service did you use? MS is very careful to retain the origin of your old emails and contacts, and this can mess up how they display on the Priv.

I didn't have your exact problem, but I had another glitch that messed up my contacts. In the end, I logged into my Exchange account on a desktop computer, exported my contacts into an Excel file, cleaned them up, deleted all the contacts in Exchange and imported the cleaned-up contacts back into Exchange. I had to call Exchange tech support for the last step, it's tricky to map all the relevant fields correctly (i.e. first name to first name, etc.). This solved my problem.
    07-28-17 08:39 AM