Recently my dad's company moved him over to a Blackberry Priv from his Z10. I personally use a Passport so I'm quite lost on this new device. When I open the hub and go to send a new text message, only about 10 contacts show up. Yet when I open the contacts application on his phone, I see around 200 contacts with cell phone numbers associated with them. I've even gone into existing SMS conversations, tapped on the number, and added them to contacts however this still hasn't fixed the issue. It should be noted that this phone is on BES12.
    02-21-16 12:22 PM
    Recently my dad's company moved him over to a Blackberry Priv from his Z10. I personally use a Passport so I'm quite lost on this new device. When I open the hub and go to send a new text message, only about 10 contacts show up. Yet when I open the contacts application on his phone, I see around 200 contacts with cell phone numbers associated with them. I've even gone into existing SMS conversations, tapped on the number, and added them to contacts however this still hasn't fixed the issue. It should be noted that this phone is on BES12.
    I am having the same problem. It's driving me insane. Did you make any headway on this?
    02-23-16 07:46 AM
    Open Contacts and select the "hamburger" menu - go down and select the appropriate account to show the full list.
    02-23-16 07:57 AM
    Once you open the hub and touch the compose button>text message I believe the contact list defaults to "Frequents" menu. Are you able to see and tap on the "All Contacts" menu? That should show you all of your contacts..
    02-25-16 10:34 AM
    I'm experiencing a similar problem. I have over 9,000 contacts in outlook. They were all present on my Passport but after upgrading to the Priv it seems many are not showing up. Did anyone find out if there are contact sync limitations within Android or the Priv or if something else is causing it?
    rickkel likes this.
    04-20-16 08:31 PM
    I too am suffering from this ailment. Really hard to do my job without my work contacts. Any solution?
    05-13-16 05:52 PM
    I'm getting a Priv next week. I hope I don't experience this problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 07:20 PM
    Hey worshipfulone and coyote55.. have you tried to do what Dewcal suggests above? Do it in the normal contact app and if you have an actual work account on your device you will need to do this with your work account contact app as well.. (the one with the briefcase).. try that and let us know how it went
    05-18-16 10:24 AM
    Yes, I did try it. No help. I also can't search for contacts that are there if you scroll down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-21-16 12:14 AM
    As one of my clients is to go to PRIV next week, I was wondering if there are any issues if used with simple MS EAS. The client has thousands of contacts, packed full with additional numbers, notes etc. It's been great with legacy BlackBerry and BB10, but how will Android work with all that data? The PRIV will not be managed by BES, just ActiveSync from Exchange 2010

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    06-21-16 05:08 AM
    anyone have a resolution to this? I have the same issue too

When i go to search the contact, nothing comes up... but when i scroll down its there listed... but no matter what its not showing in the search results...

this is ridiculous...

and to top it off you cant even install the google contacts app from the play store....
    10-04-16 01:54 PM
    I've been suffering with this issue since last year. I have three gmail accounts linked up - one is a work account and where the majority of my contacts are. But the phone seems to lose contacts as frequently as I add them - I add them both locally and to gmail accounts. In addition, it does not import/access the gmail contacts - I had to give up searching for my relatives' addresses at holiday time because they just didn't pop up on my phone, and yes, I did have the gmail account selected.

Also, the phone won't remember contacts in the text messenger app. I can have added a contact to all my address book AND been texting them regularly, but if I type in their name, I get zip in the contacts - I have to do a search for the text string.

And the salt in the wound: I will have gone nuts trying to find a certain contact, having been certain it was entered (in some cases, multiple times), but then I get a call from that person, and up pops all their info.

This is the most maddening, upsetting thing with my Priv. I had the Z10 and the Leap, and both were spectacular with the contacts.

What is the 'hamburger' menu? I went into the contacts app and saw nothing.
    02-07-17 12:41 PM
    I've been suffering with this issue since last year. I have three gmail accounts linked up - one is a work account and where the majority of my contacts are. But the phone seems to lose contacts as frequently as I add them - I add them both locally and to gmail accounts. In addition, it does not import/access the gmail contacts - I had to give up searching for my relatives' addresses at holiday time because they just didn't pop up on my phone, and yes, I did have the gmail account selected.

Also, the phone won't remember contacts in the text messenger app. I can have added a contact to all my address book AND been texting them regularly, but if I type in their name, I get zip in the contacts - I have to do a search for the text string.

And the salt in the wound: I will have gone nuts trying to find a certain contact, having been certain it was entered (in some cases, multiple times), but then I get a call from that person, and up pops all their info.

This is the most maddening, upsetting thing with my Priv. I had the Z10 and the Leap, and both were spectacular with the contacts.

What is the 'hamburger' menu? I went into the contacts app and saw nothing.
    It is the one that looks like a sandwich drawn by Picasso. It is the upper LEFT menu in Contacts - the three horizontal lines. Two buns and the burger in the middle!!!

And WELCOME to Crackberry, I hope you figure out the issue.
    02-07-17 04:55 PM
    I woke up today and my accounts will show only 20 contacts. I went to whatapp and added the first one as new contact. Did the same with the second contact but just then, all the contacts reappeared. Don´t know what it is but this must have happened to me a couple of times already.
    09-26-17 08:26 AM