I did notice something weird. Holding down a key on the physical keyboard doesn't make the letter capital like it does on all other BlackBerry physical keyboards. Kind of a weird thing for BlackBerry to overlook. Was this just my unit?
    That seems to be the case on my unit as well. So I'd guess there isn't a long press option. It's weird - the only option I found in the physical keyboard is that if you press the 0 or microphone key, whether or not it opens dictation, and I have it opening dictation, but it is a broken feature. I wonder if there will be a software update soon.

I'm listening to my speaker right now to check and it's really loud for how little it is. Can I ask to make sure you turned up the correct volume. Android has 3 different audio volumes. There's one for the notifications and ringtones, there's one for the alarms, and there's one for media. If you had turned your volume up before trying to play thing, it could have gotten stuck on the notification volume. It used to happen to me all the time. I've adapted, but I'd make sure your 'media' tab's volume is up all the way before totally dismissing your speaker as not working.
    11-16-15 11:51 PM
    You must have a different Outlook app!
    That app almost singlehandedly drove me back to BB10 hahaha
    Outlook recently purchased a couple of email apps for both Android and iOS and basically said, "We love your app - with this money, rebrand and become Outlook." It's pretty killer now. It handles different accounts well and it manages all its own calendar and notifications. I couldn't operate without it anymore.
    11-16-15 11:52 PM
    Outlook recently purchased a couple of email apps for both Android and iOS and basically said, "We love your app - with this money, rebrand and become Outlook." It's pretty killer now. It handles different accounts well and it manages all its own calendar and notifications. I couldn't operate without it anymore.
    Yeah thats the one i used.
    Was not impressed with it! Ended up deleting it and trying a few other email apps now.

On a side note, the youtube app does not appear to have background settings?
    11-16-15 11:59 PM
    That seems to be the case on my unit as well. So I'd guess there isn't a long press option. It's weird - the only option I found in the physical keyboard is that if you press the 0 or microphone key, whether or not it opens dictation, and I have it opening dictation, but it is a broken feature. I wonder if there will be a software update soon.
    Mine works just fine, I'm pretty sure there's a setting somewhere but can't recall right now which one is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 12:00 AM
    It should. Open the app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the app, go to background and offline, then make sure background playback is selected.
    11-17-15 02:43 PM
    It should. Open the app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the app, go to background and offline, then make sure background playback is selected.
    It's not there at all!

Are we on the same version? i have 10.43.60
    11-17-15 06:31 PM
    my Priv hasn't arrived yet and I'm still using galaxy s6. I just opened my YouTube app and I don't have that option either. I'm on YouTube version 10.43.60 with no update available in the play store. What is your version number?

11-17-15 06:46 PM
    i have 10.43.60
    Same. See comment below.
    11-17-15 07:37 PM
    my Priv hasn't arrived yet and I'm still using galaxy s6. I just opened my YouTube app and I don't have that option either. I'm on YouTube version 10.43.60 with no update available in the play store. What is your version number?

I'm on the same version. I'm talking about the Priv specifically. If your Sammy is different, sorry! I've attached the pictures of all the steps I took:

Considering the Priv but have questions or hesitations about Android? Ask away!-photogrid_1447810449451.jpg

Hope that helps.
    darkehawke likes this.
    11-17-15 07:38 PM
    I'm on the same version. I'm talking about the Priv specifically. If your Sammy is different, sorry! I've attached the pictures of all the steps I took:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1447810449451.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	381039

Hope that helps.
    Hmmm interesting. I definitely don't have that option.

11-17-15 08:00 PM
    How does it feel in the hand?

And does it really get that hot?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-17-15 08:02 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1447810449451.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	381039

Hope that helps.
    I think background and offline is only an option for YouTube Red subscribers.
    11-17-15 08:05 PM
    I think background and offline is only an option for YouTube Red subscribers.
    That would explain it! Youtube Red isnt available in the UK yet!
    11-17-15 08:06 PM
    Great! Thanks for the response. I had a few beers last night and reread my question this morning and realized it was poorly worded. I think you did answer my question. But just to clarify, on BB10, if I look at my hotmail account in the hub, I can scroll up and down and see my received emails and my sent emails, all in one place. On the pesky work iphone, I can open the inbox folder to see my received emails, but have to back out of the inbox to get to my sent items folder to see any emails I sent. It's an extra step that that bugs me. Thanks again.

Sorry I'm new to this posting thing. Im not sure how to reply to a specific post by mstrblueskys on the first page of this thread.
    11-17-15 08:46 PM
    Good evening! Thanks for this thread. Is there a way to turn off the message preview notifications before they pop on the screen? I'd like to be able to disable them while still having data and the spark.
    Just hate the window that pops up there, it can feel annoying.
    Thank you in advantage!
    11-17-15 09:31 PM
    I'm a current BB10 user but I'm considering the Priv or iPhone 6S. What does Android have to compare to Homekit - are there any easy to use apps that allow voice and geofencing control of smart lights (Hue), locks (August), thermostat (Ecobee or Nest) etc. all from one app?
    11-17-15 10:00 PM
    I'm a current BB10 user but I'm considering the Priv or iPhone 6S. What does Android have to compare to Homekit - are there any easy to use apps that allow voice and geofencing control of smart lights (Hue), locks (August), thermostat (Ecobee or Nest) etc. all from one app?
    You may want to ask that question on Android Central as it's more likely someone there will know if what you want exists.
    From the top of my head i dont think it does on Android, but cant be 100% sure
    11-17-15 10:07 PM
    Just FYI, the YouTube background play looks like a no go unless you pay for a YouTube Red subscription.

11-17-15 10:40 PM
    Good evening! Thanks for this thread. Is there a way to turn off the message preview notifications before they pop on the screen? I'd like to be able to disable them while still having data and the spark.
    Thank you in advantage!
    Not that I'm aware of, at least not as of yet, not sure if it will come.

11-17-15 11:02 PM
    I have had several android phones previously.

I hated all the bloatware that was on them, and also hated that every two weeks a security patch had to be installed because Google can't make their operating system safe - and the other big issue I had was when they did send out the security patch it more often than not made my phone crash. Which either required me to do a reinstall of the operating system; losing all my information or it completely bricked my phone and I had to get a new one...I had 3 Samsung Galaxy S3's brick on me from Google's security patch updates in less than a year.

So; I hate android and am very upset that BB is moving in that direction.

Hopefully this phone will bring people back to BB, and revive the company in a way that people will be interested in the true BB experience.
    11-17-15 11:43 PM
    Yeah thats the one i used.
    Was not impressed with it! Ended up deleting it and trying a few other email apps now.

Outlook on Android sucks.
    I don't have a Priv, so no Hub for me.
    I did find an app called Nine. Not like the Hub, but its amazing with email. Probably the app Microsoft should have bought

OT: Instant actions - anything like that going on with the Priv?
    Keyboard: Still no long press for caps?! I'm using the BlackBerry vkb and if I long press with that it gives me the capital letter.
    11-18-15 12:12 AM
    hi great thread

right my little problem................I want to use some ringtones I have saved on my sd card for emails,txt,and bbm messages but for some reason I cant seem to.i have changed my ringtone for phone calls and used one I have on my sd card but for the other things they don't show up ? very strange any ideas............thanks
    11-18-15 01:00 AM
    Just FYI, the YouTube background play looks like a no go unless you pay for a YouTube Red subscription.
    In another thread, someone has mentioned that with Firefox for Android, YouTube works in background...

 Q5 / Z30
    Daniel Grappone likes this.
    11-18-15 04:46 AM
    Great! Thanks for the response. I had a few beers last night and reread my question this morning and realized it was poorly worded. I think you did answer my question. But just to clarify, on BB10, if I look at my hotmail account in the hub, I can scroll up and down and see my received emails and my sent emails, all in one place. On the pesky work iphone, I can open the inbox folder to see my received emails, but have to back out of the inbox to get to my sent items folder to see any emails I sent. It's an extra step that that bugs me. Thanks again.

Sorry I'm new to this posting thing. Im not sure how to reply to a specific post by mstrblueskys on the first page of this thread.
    Yes, that's definitely how it works! It's threaded, tho, meaning all your messages for one set of emails is in the same string. I prefer threaded messages, but some people a wary. Haha
    11-18-15 06:39 AM
    Thank you in advantage!
    I don't believe that option exists. Sorry.
    11-18-15 06:40 AM
87 1234