11-09-15 10:10 AM
51 123
tools
    I once had a BB, but now have a cheap 200$ android, i am in a dilemma between the new iPhone 6s and the Priv.
    I'm biased toward BlackBerry & then Android over iPhone. That said, go with the Priv since you're already an Android user. That way, you won't have to re-purchase all of your apps? Simply login to Google Play Store and download your previously purchased apps to your new Priv.

The Priv looks like it'll be a real beast.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    achsfx likes this.
    11-04-15 05:05 AM
    True. But iCloud works very well and we also have sizeable storage on Box and Dropbox thanks to the BB10/Android giveaways a couple of years ago.

Posted via CB10

My GF has an iPhone, and because she ran out of storage on her phone (a regular occurrence for her), she moved her MP3s to the iCloud. Last year, we were driving in Norway and thought: hey, lets play album X from her collection through the car's audio system.

No cell tower reception, we can't get the album from the Cloud. Even if there was a cell tower signal, we'd by paying roaming charges. Fail.

This is just one of the reasons why I prefer to have things on the phone.

Needless to say, I copied her entire MP3 collection onto my SD card on my BB. When traveling together we now play music off my phone.

==============

OP:

I'm biased towards BB so I'll say go for the Priv, but I've used the iThing, and its locked-down nature is a total no-no for me, not to mention countless other reasons. To me there is just no comparison.

"To each his own", but whatever decision you make, don't get the iPhone just because its name starts with the lower-case letter "i". Make an informed judgement and not an "me too" one.
    11-04-15 05:24 AM
    get the iphone 6s, i will too in 14 days when my contract is up. my carrier wont carry the priv (ive asked) and im not comfortable spending 900 eur on a phone that i fear wont be around for too long... ill keep my passport though and use it as long as i can. i barely use 5 third party apps but even those are starting to stop working as they are outdated...
    11-04-15 05:39 AM
    Both phones are quite capable in terms of specs. Both OSes are quite mature. But don't fool yourself by thinking that one of these options will be ideal for you. There are flaws in both iOS/Android, iPhone, and i bet Priv also.

My suggestion: wait for Priv to appear in your local stores and go play with it for a bit. Size and weight may be a deciding factor.

Another thing: iPhones doesn't loose in it's prise very fast. So you have an option to buy one, use it for a month or so, and sell it without loosing almost any money.

I had Z10 and loved it. Then tried 5s, hated it! Then got myself a Q10 and it was nice. Now i have 6s and I'm quite pleased with it.

I also have a cheap Android phone, but this OS just doesn't feel right to me. Does it makes Android inferior and other OSes superior? For me - yes. For you - well, you should deside it.

Anyways, hope you'll be happy with any choise you'll make!
    11-04-15 05:42 AM
    iPhones and iOS will continue to be developed as sure as the sun rises, however, the android BlackBerry could easily be a one and done.
    11-04-15 05:51 AM
    You can't compare the iphone 6s to something that didn't even come out yet, wait a week and then decide.
    11-04-15 06:00 AM
    I've been loyal to BlackBerry since 2008. I love the simplicity of the BB10 UI, but the lack of an ecosystem is frustrating....can't use mobile deposit for my small business checking account, can't use the app for my business accounting software and I shouldn't have to sideload apps after paying a few hundred dollars for a phone.

I am not due for a new phone till March and my options are down to the Priv or Iphone. I am leaning towards the Priv but want to see how Blackberry has truly differentiated it from other Android devices, in terms of both security and UI. I hope it doesn't come with all the bloatware usually associated with Android.

By March, there will be plenty of user reviews out on the Priv and enough time to work out any bugs. We should also know by then whether the Priv is a success and whether BlackBerry will remain the the handset market.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:25 AM
    You don't have a dilemma. World hunger is a dilemma. You're just suffering from choice anxiety.
    With that said get the iphone 6s we haven't had a goodbye thread in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    What is Mr. October 31st talking about?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:59 PM
    I once had a BB, but now have a cheap 200$ android, i am in a dilemma between the new iPhone 6s and the Priv.
    You have to choose the phone that best suits your needs. I would suggest to wait until the dust settles, and go in to your carrier and try each phone out. See how they feel. They will be priced similar, depending on memory size the 6s. If you get the 6s get the insurance or a real good screen protector. This week alone I have heard of 6 friends/family that have cracked their screen. Choose wisely!!!
    11-04-15 05:07 PM
    I had a iPhone 6 for 3 months and hated it. Went back to Z30. I hate the keyboard more than anything. , the whole iCloud BS, (only 5g free). Once you use up memory you are done then you have to pay iCloud. Plus you need network or WiFi for iCloud.
    Now let's talk Productivity of email, calandar integration in the hub of BlackBerry. No comparison.
    IPhone is a toy, Priv is a business phone and a toy! Nice hardware but iOs is outdated...

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-04-15 05:39 PM
    iPhone 6s hands down. You'll love it. BB experience is just not the same with Android. You'll get so frustrated with notifications and with apps running in the background you thought were turned off. Plus the fact you can't run the phone without being logged into Google. You can sign out of apps like Now, YouTube and Maps but signing out Play Store will affect the experience. Get to know Android and IOS 9 as much as you can and then decide.
    11-04-15 05:52 PM
    iPhone 6s hands down. You'll love it. BB experience is just not the same with Android. You'll get so frustrated with notifications and with apps running in the background you thought were turned off. Plus the fact you can't run the phone without being logged into Google. You can sign out of apps like Now, YouTube and Maps but signing out Play Store will affect the experience. Get to know Android and IOS 9 as much as you can and then decide.
    cause being constantly signed in to apple is a lot better right? lol..
    11-04-15 06:07 PM
    cause being constantly signed in to apple is a lot better right? lol..
    I trust Apple not to misuse my information more than I trust Google.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 08:04 PM
    Tell us what features you want of the phone, and the price that you willing to pay, then you will have the answer for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I know what I need. Hands free bluetooth dialing that works without a data connection, that asks for confirmation. But I may be a rare minority, someone who uses his mobile phone as a mobile phone.

Cripes, reviews never even test phones for performance in weak signal areas.
    11-04-15 08:15 PM
    Pm me I'm selling my 6S plus.
    11-04-15 08:16 PM
    Between the iPhone 6s and the PRIV, I'd go for the PRIV. iPhone 6s Plus on the other hand may be more of a competition.
    11-04-15 09:43 PM
    It's got to be the priv or you will never be excepted into the warm bussom of all the cracbarians on this forum..

Passport to heaven..
    Huh?
    11-04-15 09:56 PM
    Also if saving mp3s is important to you go with the Priv haha!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-04-15 09:58 PM
    Get the iPhone so you will be accepted into the in crowd

Posted via CB10
    pomidor likes this.
    11-05-15 04:37 AM
    What is Mr. October 31st talking about?

Posted via CB10
    All the confusion is gone.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:19 AM
    This is the most extensive review out there and should help you decide

The Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review
    11-05-15 01:44 PM
    Now the priv is for sale, now more people know wich one is the best? What is the result?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:00 AM
    Go with the iPhone.
    11-08-15 08:25 AM
    I had 3gs and 4s. I was happy when I had them but got bored of the ecosystem and UI so tried Z30... I don't miss my iPhone at all and with Priv now having official access to play store I have less reason to want iPhone ever again. My 2 cents..

Plus I never really liked the designs of 5 or 6 series. 4s was my favourite design they did

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    Dude, I know right?

I know it's personal preference and opinion but I find iPhones SO BORING!!! (and hey, they might say the same about our phones)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:37 AM
    If you like hub and pkb, go for priv, if you have osx environement, go for iphone, if u have google environement and no need hub or pkb, note 5 can be considered.
    11-08-15 09:41 AM
51 123