A lot of threads around here bout the price of the Priv. Yea, I know it has not been officially revealed but European prices are appearing and it's causing all kinds of angst from people.

But consider what you will get with this device. Yea we know the sliding KB is unique. But you will also get the BLackberry Experience Suite.
    BlackBerry Experience Suite - iOS, Android, Windows - Global

There are a ton of apps on that Suite so they're not exactly cheap. I mean, it's got to carry that, otherwise, how could they call this Android device a Blackberry?

There are ton of apps for Productivity (ex: Hub), Security (ex: Picture Password), and Communication (ex: Wi-Fi voice call app). How much would it cost do get all those apps by themselves. Those ain't simple apps you usually find at the Play store for 99 cents.

You got to factor that in when looking at the price. I guess the best way to get a true perspective is to see what the Suite will cost separate from the phone and then add it into the price of the phone.

Of course if the Suite will not be included for free with the Slider, then forget everything I said and conclude that this Priv is a ripoff.
    10-19-15 08:36 PM
    I do not believe that the inclusion of BlackBerry Experience Suite is suggested in official teasers.

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones...-register.html

Consider what you'll get with the Slider when you think of the Price-img_20151020_104948.png

Attachment 376560
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-19-15 at 09:30 PM.
    10-19-15 08:55 PM
    It's also the only device other than the s6 to have dual edge screens, with the biggest screen between the two of them. It's also 540ppi. It has most likely z30 or better speakers. It has a humongous battery. It has a slide out keyboard WITH capacitive capabilities (unique to BlackBerry) it has among the best internal specs of today's devices. It has the best virtual keyboard of any device on market (if identical to bb10 vkb).
    The hub alone warrants the 100$ over top of the line Samsung devices.
    10-19-15 08:57 PM
    The Blackberry Experience suite will be available to download for everybody in the Google Play it seems. I don't see the suite costing more than 5-10$ to be honest. This price in the S6 Edge Plus that was released 1 month ago. The S6 as much superior processor, much better brand equity, better front facing camera. The priv has better battery and Sd-card slot, but I don't think that's nowere near enough.

Samsung also has to pay for the billions spent in marketing, blackberry has only about 20$ spent in Marketing
    10-19-15 09:00 PM
    10-19-15 09:13 PM
    It's also the only device other than the s6 to have dual edge screens, with the biggest screen between the two of them.
    Huh?

S6 Edge: 5.1"
    Priv: 5.4"
    S6 Edge+: 5.7"
    10-19-15 09:29 PM
    Huh?

S6 Edge: 5.1"
    Priv: 5.4"
    S6 Edge+: 5.7"
    Oops forgot that phone existed...
    Let's say it's the most pocketable
    10-19-15 09:40 PM
    Consider this: current situation BlackBerry is in sort of parallels Cadillac.

Traditionally, they have been a luxury marque and commanded premium (BIS/BES OS 7 era), and had a fleet and limo following (companies buying Curves in hordes), a household name. However in recent years they have been building shoddy crap (BB10 with no ecosystem), weird stuff that's misaligned with the market (Passport) and have been relying on sales and cash incentives to even stay on the sales charts (ShopBB coupons and random sales), completely tarnishing the name. Cadillac went from a household luxury name to a brand where you can get a 5-series sized car for 3-series money. All of a sudden they came out with a car that matches the Germans (Samsung/Apple), even beating them in certain areas (the Priv), but then decides to charge as much or even more than the Germans.

End result: the really good cars still didn't sell, people carried on buying the Germans. However the cars started moving when they drastically slashed price.

Moral: you can't go from building stuff that nobody want, leave a sour taste in people's mouth then expect people to jump right back on board.
    10-19-15 09:48 PM
    Consider this: current situation BlackBerry is in sort of parallels Cadillac.

Traditionally, they have been a luxury marque and commanded premium (BIS/BES OS 7 era), and had a fleet and limo following (companies buying Curves in hordes), a household name. However in recent years they have been building shoddy crap (BB10 with no ecosystem), weird stuff that's misaligned with the market (Passport) and have been relying on sales and cash incentives to even stay on the sales charts (ShopBB coupons and random sales), completely tarnishing the name. Cadillac went from a household luxury name to a brand where you can get a 5-series sized car for 3-series money. All of a sudden they came out with a car that matches the Germans (Samsung/Apple), even beating them in certain areas (the Priv), but then decides to charge as much or even more than the Germans.

End result: the really good cars still didn't sell, people carried on buying the Germans. However the cars started moving when they drastically slashed price.

Moral: you can't go from building stuff that nobody want, leave a sour taste in people's mouth then expect people to jump right back on board.
    I have a friend who just did that Got rid of his caddy andnow in a lovely Jag (Indian model, not Ford), happy as a pig in ****.
    10-19-15 09:52 PM
    I have a friend who just did that Got rid of his caddy andnow in a lovely Jag (Indian model, not Ford), happy as a pig in ****.
    Well actually I've been saving money trying to get an ATS(-V). That's why I had to keep a close eye on the Priv's price.
    10-19-15 09:55 PM
    Oops forgot that phone existed...
    Let's say it's the most pocketable
    I still wrestle with the Passport pocketability 1 year in...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:01 PM
    the ats-v sounds like a much nicer car than he had. He got a "dealer owned" jag for 12k off, not even a single scuff on the rims (6000 k)
    10-19-15 10:01 PM
    Case in point: wealthy guy, doesn't like getting gouged
    10-19-15 10:03 PM
    God! So loving that "IGNORE" option. Love it
    10-19-15 10:06 PM
    the ats-v sounds like a much nicer car than he had. He got a "dealer owned" jag for 12k off, not even a single scuff on the rims (6000 k)
    I wouldn't mind looking at a Jag either when the XE hits with a manual transmission. Them, Cadillac and soon Alfa Romeo very well would be the only ones left offering it in the segment. BMW has been cutting back on manuals like crazy and they scrapped it on the Gran Coupe which I wanted...
    10-19-15 10:07 PM
    Now you're talking. I have a "69 e-type manual ( and 96 XJS auto). Just love alfa's. In Canada I drive a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen diesel (ahem)
    10-19-15 10:11 PM