I feel the need to support this smartphone, as much as it kills me, because I would rather have an Android phone (with physical keyboard) run by BlackBerry than choose the alternative.

Posted via CB10
    anischab likes this.
    09-29-15 11:46 PM
    Personally, I don't want an Android, Apple, or Windows phone. So my next steps are to watch Jolla and Tizen and see what come about while I keep using my Z30
    jope28 and jsmith00075 like this.
    10-02-15 10:14 AM
    Likes and Thanks buttons are some of the most stupid things forums have added. I blame Facebook.

If you think a post is good, hit the damn reply button and TYPE the words "Thanks" or "I agree". How hard is that?
    You're right, but you're not telling the whole story... the "like" or "thumbs up" is great, but it has to be alongside a "thumbs down" or "dislike" button.

Having just a like button is a "self-esteem" tool to make you (temporarily) happier, having like and disike is a nice tool to check whether "something" is popular, or people are against it
    DolemiteDONS and anon4226395 like this.
    10-02-15 11:03 AM
    I feel the need to support this smartphone, as much as it kills me, because I would rather have an Android phone (with physical keyboard) run by BlackBerry than choose the italternative.

Posted via CB10
    It's alright. In time we should see more attention on BB10. What's worse are those who feel they should leave BlackBerry. WHY? Esp now.

Last week I saw no one hugging the wall at the airport using a Blackberry.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    NightFire likes this.
    10-02-15 11:12 AM
    Such is the nature of people... to be frank, BlackBerry as we've grown to know it IS dead and gone. There is a new age in their leadership, strategy, and focus.

What that also means is that we'll soon see the CrackBerry Nation also dramatically change. Like baby boomers, the community of old will slowly retire off and the new community of Android-toting BlackBerry users will be passed the torch (a pun that they won't even get).

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    10-02-15 11:37 AM
    No! We want just to have some BB10 phones. Maybe 1 in a year? I dont need much. I want to have few updates. I still love my Q10...its old, so BlackBerry can give us a new Qwerty every 2 yrs and all touch too.
    One year a qwerty phone, the other a Touchscreen phone. Then another qwerty etc.....
    Android?ok as a moneymaker. But for us,die hards we want BB10!! We dont need all the fart apps.
    I hope there wont be another PlayBook disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via PP
    Totally agree.
    My thinking is along these lines.

Having the device and OS come from the same company is very underrated.

Wishing the Androidians support the Priv, but I personally don't find the Google stuff to be my cup of tea.

I will promote the Priv to the ppl around me that are "mainstream" and are always between Android and the iOS stuff.

Hopefully, BB10 will also be (although understandably limited in numbers) an option for years to come.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 10-02-15 at 12:16 PM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-02-15 12:00 PM
    A lot of people don't understand that BlackBerry is public company that has to make money and keep shareholders happy. Can't loose money forever making phones.

Priv has a chance to save BlackBerry hardware. We should all be cheering for it to sell millions.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    The Z10 had a chance, the Z30 had a chance, the Passport and Classic had a chance but BlackBerry didn't give these devices a chance by marketing them correctly to reach the masses. BlackBerry is only trying to reach the business/enterprise professionals so their marketing is directly related to suit the business class needs.

Working Wide with my Passport to Perfection
    10-02-15 01:24 PM
    Such is the nature of people... to be frank, BlackBerry as we've grown to know it IS dead and gone. There is a new age in their leadership, strategy, and focus.

What that also means is that we'll soon see the CrackBerry Nation also dramatically change. Like baby boomers, the community of old will slowly retire off and the new community of Android-toting BlackBerry users will be passed the torch (a pun that they won't even get).

Posted via CB10
    While getting merged into Android Central...lol
    10-02-15 03:49 PM
    The Priv is the last, best hope for Blackberry. It's as simple as that.
    10-02-15 04:01 PM
    It's alright. In time we should see more attention on BB10. What's worse are those who feel they should leave BlackBerry. WHY? Esp now.

Last week I saw no one hugging the wall at the airport using a Blackberry.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    Yes, I support this, kicking and screaming, because if I don't do so now, there may not be a BB10 to support. Rest assured, I have 2 Q10s ready to take the reigns. It hurts, most certainly. If I do nothing, there may be nothing to support. Honestly, it will be my second driver. My Firstborn is obligated to take on a Gmail address for his videogame academy (for high school). As much as I might try to fight it, Google is everywhere. I can only try to educate him and hope he takes the knowledge to heart.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:46 AM
    As mentioned, I am a BB10 fan. But more important to me is the survival of BlackBerry and their ability to adapt to current consumer wants. That means entering Android's 80% marketshare. I understand some people's frustrations to change and accept reality. But what I don't get is their insistence to crap on other people's excitement?

Once again, today, BlackBerry introduces an exciting new video. Big news! BlackBerry AND Android fans are excited. Yet, some angry passive-aggressive people CHOOSE to enter the Priv Forum and repeatedly post hateful remarks towards the product and some individuals. Why?

If these people reject Android without reservations, why are they in Priv's Forum ruining the enjoyment for others?

I guess I wont ever understand.
    10-16-15 07:42 PM
    To many people the android move is a sell off. Like when your favorite band changes style and starts doing stadium rock and no longer plays pubs. (hopefully!) so it's not their special band anymore and it becomes the enemy. Love turns more easily into hate than into equanimity.

And there is definitely a subgroup...they just want to watch the world burn I guess.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    10-16-15 07:51 PM
    To many people the android move is a sell off. Like when your favorite band changes style and starts doing stadium rock and no longer plays pubs. (hopefully!) so it's not their special band anymore and it becomes the enemy.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but I wouldn't repeatedly appear at the band's new shows and heckle them and ruin the experience for their fans. I would simply not attend.
    10-16-15 08:18 PM
    Mind you, many have left. A 0.3% market share last measured in Q2 2015 for BB Operating Systems:
    IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

What you have left with the BB10 diehards are people who don't like to, don't want to, or are afraid of change. They have stopped progressing or evolving. They would rather put up with the little inconveniences and workarounds than face the unknown of something new. They would rather have life pass them by than accept and engage the world around them. Don't believe me? Look at the other CB forums that constantly complain about the Facebook app. You'll always get the posters who say "Don't do Facebook. Problem solved. It's only for Narcissists." Or how about popular response: "just use the web page" when an app is not working.

Everything that isn't the way it used to be is a threat. That's why there is so much spreading of FUD around Androids. As opposed to going to the XDA forum where rooting and modding is almost a birthright. A challenge that's fun to be tackled, damn all the risks. The difference between the BB10 threads vs. XDA is night and day.

I've met these kind of people. They are not fun to be with.
    PygmySurfer and tp2386 like this.
    10-16-15 08:41 PM
    Mind you, many have left. A 0.3% market share last measured in Q2 2015 for BB Operating Systems:
    IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012

What you have left with the BB10 diehards are people who don't like to, don't want to, or are afraid of change. They have stopped progressing or evolving. They would rather put up with the little inconveniences and workarounds than face the unknown of something new. They would rather have life pass them by than accept and engage the world around them. Don't believe me? Look at the other CB forums that constantly complain about the Facebook app. You'll always get the posters who say "Don't do Facebook. Problem solved. It's only for Narcissists." Or how about popular response: "just use the web page" when an app is not working.

Everything that isn't the way it used to be is a threat. That's why there is so much spreading of FUD around Androids. As opposed to going to the XDA forum where rooting and modding is almost a birthright. A challenge that's fun to be tackled, damn all the risks. The difference between the BB10 threads vs. XDA is night and day.

I've met these kind of people. They are not fun to be with.
    Dude, it is just a mobile operating system, but it goes to show you how much people have their lives wrapped in these things.

LOL@XDA. Truthfully, XDA was better when it was only for Windows Mobile (how many here remember that???) and the earlier stages of Android, before it became popular and apparently a way of life.
    jope28 likes this.
    10-16-15 08:47 PM
    I love what Blackberry is doing with the Priv. I have been a Blackberry user since the pagers. But now I see my wife and her Note 5 and my daughters S6 and like some of the apps and how they work smooth. I have sideloaded some apps on my passport and classic and some work, some don't. Most of the time, they freeze(they don't work). The most precious thing to me is the hub. I have multiple emails and that kept me from going with Android. The Priv will provide me with the hub and all the apps I need that have not really worked well on my two Blackberries.
    10-16-15 09:45 PM
    Yes, the Hub is an essential function to me (as well as a physical keyboard). Nice that DTEK will be in place to safeguard my privacy. Hopefully, the ability to select individual app permissions will also be in place.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 12:19 AM
42 12