Amazing how many people "Like" messages predicting BlackBerry's demise. By "liking" it, I'm assuming they are wishing it.

I'm a BB10 fan, but its obvious after the last 10 quarterly reports it has a limited future. I wish it succeeded. But no Apps, no chance with 99% of the public. If it takes incorporating/customizing another OS so that BlackBerry survives, then I'm hoping for Priv's success and I'll buy in (if successful then I'll be hoping for a BlackDroid OS Q10/Classic). Isn't BlackBerry's existence the ultimate priority?

Simply out of spite, it's evident some people rather have the Priv fail and BlackBerry go under than have them adapt to the market. Ironically, foolishly, their wish would end their BB10 phone too.
    09-29-15 12:00 PM
    People are just strange...and angry.
    09-29-15 12:09 PM
    Maybe "like" means "agree" if talking about Facebook... I don't know. Some people had BlackBerries in the past but have had bad experience and they still think that BlackBerry makes bad devices... Or They are simply haters and "like" every comment about BlackBerry dying. Those are my opinions.

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2639
    09-29-15 12:14 PM
    Amazing how many people "Like" messages predicting BlackBerry's demise. By "liking" it, I'm assuming they are wishing it.

I'm a BB10 fan, but its obvious after the last 10 quarterly reports it has a limited future. I wish it succeeded. But no Apps, no chance with 99% of the public. If it takes incorporating/customizing another OS so that BlackBerry survives, then I'm hoping for Priv's success and I'll buy in (if successful then I'll be hoping for a BlackDroid OS Q10/Classic). Isn't BlackBerry's existence the ultimate priority?

Simply out of spite, it's evident some people rather have the Priv fail and BlackBerry go under than have them adapt to the market. Ironically, foolishly, their wish would end their BB10 phone too.
    On the contrary, I think it's BBRY's last, best hope for having a handset division. But that hope has to be tempered by how they execute the launch. The reveals so far, especially the horrific art and Chen's abysmal demonstration, have done them no favours, and a great deal of its success will be based on if they price out the consumer by pretending that they have the brand equity to command the same premiums as mobile phone darlings like Apple and Samsung.

Personally, I hope they succeed, choice is never a bad thing in any market, but I won't defend BBRY if they act contrary to reality.
    Joao Oliveira and LazyEvul like this.
    09-29-15 12:16 PM
    That's a problem now with the word "like" since Facebook came up with it. Nobody really knows what the word means now.
    ayngling and anon(2313227) like this.
    09-29-15 12:16 PM
    The ultimate priority is BlackBerry existence with their own OS. If they can't do that they should close down the hardware department and focus on the software.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-29-15 12:24 PM
    Likes and Thanks buttons are some of the most stupid things forums have added. I blame Facebook.

If you think a post is good, hit the damn reply button and TYPE the words "Thanks" or "I agree". How hard is that?
    09-29-15 12:35 PM
    Ya I don't get it! I been using blackberry devices for 15 years...always the first with the new device...new OS in some cases. I'm going down with the ship (if that what happens), and I'll be going down with a blackberry using an Android OS.

I want nothing but good things for this company...I love the under dog!
    09-29-15 01:53 PM
    And drunk.
    09-29-15 02:41 PM
    That's a problem now with the word "like" since Facebook came up with it. Nobody really knows what the word means now.
    I agree. A friend posts that their parent died, and you "Like" the post. Seems really out of whack to me.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-29-15 02:42 PM
    The ultimate priority is BlackBerry existence with their own OS. If they can't do that they should close down the hardware department and focus on the software..... BlackBerry is dead to me once they release an android phone.
    This is what I mean. I guess some people rather have all of nothing than a piece of something?
    09-29-15 03:05 PM
    This is what I mean. I guess some people rather have all of nothing than a piece of something?
    Than a piece of c*** actually. But yeah. If I wanted a droid phone I would get one already. Plus, once again, I think I've been betrayed by BB. (that is my fault for expecting something different)
    christophersvg likes this.
    09-29-15 03:30 PM
    Than a piece of c*** actually. But yeah. If I wanted a droid phone I would get one already. Plus, once again, I think I've been betrayed by BB. (that is my fault for expecting something different)
    Then don't get one. Not as if anyone cares in the least what you want.
    09-29-15 03:43 PM
    A lot of people don't understand that BlackBerry is public company that has to make money and keep shareholders happy. Can't loose money forever making phones.

Priv has a chance to save BlackBerry hardware. We should all be cheering for it to sell millions.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-29-15 03:51 PM
    +10000
    09-29-15 03:57 PM
    And drunk.
    Drunk is a good thing, right?
    kbz1960 and Carjackd like this.
    09-29-15 04:06 PM
    A lot of people don't understand that BlackBerry is public company that has to make money and keep shareholders happy. Can't loose money forever making phones.

Priv has a chance to save BlackBerry hardware. We should all be cheering for it to sell millions.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Agree!! And for those who feel personally "betrayed", I'd say get out of the emotional relationship with technology because nothing is more precarious, schizophrenic and uncommitted than the tech business.
    PygmySurfer and app_Developer like this.
    09-29-15 04:08 PM
    Drunk is a good thing, right?
    Depends, you buying?
    09-29-15 04:34 PM
    Depends, you buying?
    Absolutely!
    kbz1960, Carjackd and JRF_1986 like this.
    09-29-15 04:35 PM
    I would rather have an Android based Blackberry with the Hub and some features of OS10, then see the continued decline in sales of OS10 devices and see the handset division go away. I for one will embrace the Priv.
    Last edited by bakron1; 09-29-15 at 05:56 PM.
    09-29-15 04:48 PM

No! We want just to have some BB10 phones. Maybe 1 in a year? I dont need much. I want to have few updates. I still love my Q10...its old, so BlackBerry can give us a new Qwerty every 2 yrs and all touch too.
    One year a qwerty phone, the other a Touchscreen phone. Then another qwerty etc.....
    Android?ok as a moneymaker. But for us,die hards we want BB10!! We dont need all the fart apps.
    I hope there wont be another PlayBook disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via PP
    jope28, jsmith00075 and anischab like this.
    09-29-15 04:53 PM
    I'm with you on that!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 05:52 PM
    There's people on here that have said that they'd rather see blackberry burn to the ground and fail rather than having a device running Android.

I remember now why I left these forums after I got rid of my curve 8830...but the talk of blackberry running Android brought me back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-29-15 10:52 PM
    No! We want just to have some BB10 phones. Maybe 1 in a year? I dont need much. I want to have few updates. I still love my Q10...its old, so BlackBerry can give us a new Qwerty every 2 yrs and all touch too.
    One year a qwerty phone, the other a Touchscreen phone. Then another qwerty etc.....
    Android?ok as a moneymaker. But for us,die hards we want BB10!! We dont need all the fart apps.
    I hope there wont be another PlayBook disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via PP
    Deserves a big thread title ;-)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    Zeratul57, jope28 and Q10Bold like this.
    09-29-15 11:12 PM
    There's people on here that have said that they'd rather see blackberry burn to the ground and fail rather than having a device running Android.

I remember now why I left these forums after I got rid of my curve 8830...but the talk of blackberry running Android brought me back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Poeple don't know what they say, when they act emotionally.

When I saw the first leaked photos of the passport, my all first post was to comment how ugly the phone looked. Then I refrained from commenting or posting. I kept reading about it and aside the look, I liked everything else it it... I got it on its release week in Germany. You know what, I love it!!

My first reaction with "PRIV by BlackBerry" was... "What? Why Android and not BlackBerry10-OS"... but I liked the specs, the sliding feature, the keyboard that reminds me of my Q10... now I consider it.

Let's remember... BlackBerry tries to save its market. I think the Priv will do its part in the recovery phase.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    HKondor and dejanh like this.
    09-29-15 11:21 PM
42 12