I am confused. I look through the forums and it appears that no matter what the topic is once I get reading I find a bunch of posts that appear to be a hatred for blackberry or the Priv. I don't understand how so many people claim they are switching to a Samsung S7 or that they have made the switch. Then why are they in a blackberry forum complaing still? If you have moved on then by all means move on but coming to complain about a phone you don't own or are getting rid of doesn't make sense to me. I for one love my Priv and I have had samsung, iPhones, Lg's and every time I come back to Blackberry because they are built well and to be honest I love BB10. I do however need apps to survive and on the passport I could get them to run okay but not all of them I needed. So the PRIV came and it offers me everything I need. It runs well and I have learned to love the keyboard but it did take some getting used to the small keys but as a slider it is an amazing piece of kit. A guy at work has the S7 and he likes it we often do companions and surprisingly the performance is very close and I can do some things that he can't. When we get to Browsing books and web pages and I am using the keyboard as a scroll pad most people are really impressed at how nice it is to have the whole screen available and not have to touch the screen to interact something that you cannot do with the S7.The scroll up from the bottom also a super nice feature that is PRIV only. And then there is the security that simply isn't matched. I love the new interaction that Dtek provides in Marshmallow allowing you to remove risky permissions on an app after it is installed. The S7 may be a little faster but when compared side by side I think you will be surprised at how little difference there is . Now that the price has dropped I think its a better deal for the money.
    05-12-16 08:30 AM
    Speaking from experience. The only thing I envy from the S7/S7 Edge are the camera ( front) and having its own files manager. Don't really like using third party files manager.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 08:38 AM
    05-12-16 08:39 AM
    Some of these folks have been here for YEARS...

But too be honest most of the hatred I see for the PRIV, seems to be either PRIV owners that aren't happy or BB10 owners that are unhappy about the change of direction for BlackBerry....

But too be honest.... after eight years here, nothing has really changed. There have always been people with different views, and people that complained about BlackBerry. Kinda wish someone had been listening to those back in 2007/2008 that said BBOS/Java wasn't the right platform and needed to be replaced....

And not sure why you are comparing to the S7... the PRIV is more in the S6 category and should be compared to it as to performance and price.
    05-12-16 08:40 AM
    I bought the Priv after having several BB devices and also having owned 3 iPhones. I like the Priv a lot but eventually returned it due to lack of VVM, short text messaging support, heat & battery drain (which started getting better), and a software update that bricked my phone because I wasn't educated enough to know at the time that I needed to be on wifi for it to complete properly. However, I've chosen to stick around because I still learn a lot from this forum and I continue to contribute in ways that I feel could be beneficial to others. I may return to BB once some things are ironed out.
    05-12-16 09:41 AM
    I will throw my 2 cents in.
    I support Blackberry. I own a Classic and now a Priv. To all I appreciate all your advice to help steer us in the right direction

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    05-12-16 10:25 AM
    I am confused. I look through the forums and it appears that no matter what the topic is once I get reading I find a bunch of posts that appear to be a hatred for blackberry or the Priv. I don't understand how so many people claim they are switching to a Samsung S7 or that they have made the switch. Then why are they in a blackberry forum complaing still? If you have moved on then by all means move on but coming to complain about a phone you don't own or are getting rid of doesn't make sense to me. I for one love my Priv and I have had samsung, iPhones, Lg's and every time I come back to Blackberry because they are built well and to be honest I love BB10. I do however need apps to survive and on the passport I could get them to run okay but not all of them I needed. So the PRIV came and it offers me everything I need. It runs well and I have learned to love the keyboard but it did take some getting used to the small keys but as a slider it is an amazing piece of kit. A guy at work has the S7 and he likes it we often do companions and surprisingly the performance is very close and I can do some things that he can't. When we get to Browsing books and web pages and I am using the keyboard as a scroll pad most people are really impressed at how nice it is to have the whole screen available and not have to touch the screen to interact something that you cannot do with the S7.The scroll up from the bottom also a super nice feature that is PRIV only. And then there is the security that simply isn't matched. I love the new interaction that Dtek provides in Marshmallow allowing you to remove risky permissions on an app after it is installed. The S7 may be a little faster but when compared side by side I think you will be surprised at how little difference there is . Now that the price has dropped I think its a better deal for the money.
    Its like job for some people to spread hate! Me as BlackBerry user I am super satisfied. I've owned 9900, Q10, Passport and priv! Zero complaint. Priv was little disappointing before MM battery wise but super fine now.

05-12-16 10:32 AM
    If you have 99 liars out of 100, be with 100th!

05-12-16 10:37 AM
    "And not sure why you are comparing to the S7... the PRIV is more in the S6 category and should be compared to it as to performance and price."

I agree I only chose the comparison because that is what most people were listing. Indeed it was out 6 months before the S7 so one wouldn't expect the hardware to be the same.
    05-12-16 10:38 AM
    In defense of Crackberry. That is pretty typical of any online forum dedicated to a specific product or company. The average person out there seems to just have a bad attitude, jumping on any excuse to bash a company or product.
    Not really all that confusing but it is very frustrating for those of us who are on here looking to ask legitimate questions and provide answers when we can.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    05-12-16 10:38 AM
    I bought the Priv after having several BB devices and also having owned 3 iPhones. I like the Priv a lot but eventually returned it due to lack of VVM, short text messaging support, heat & battery drain (which started getting better), and a software update that bricked my phone because I wasn't educated enough to know at the time that I needed to be on wifi for it to complete properly. However, I've chosen to stick around because I still learn a lot from this forum and I continue to contribute in ways that I feel could be beneficial to others. I may return to BB once some things are ironed out.
    It's too bad you returned it because after the Marshmallow update, the heat issue has drastically reduced (although it wasn't a huge issue for me personally, it has gotten noticeably better).

05-12-16 10:40 AM
    It's too bad you returned it because after the Marshmallow update, the heat issue has drastically reduced (although it wasn't a huge issue for me personally, it has gotten noticeably better).

I'm still on Lollipop (at&t smh) and my Priv stopped having those issues after a week of use and taking the time to fine tune all the settings. It was a pain but definitely worth it.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    05-12-16 10:45 AM
    I guess the other reason for confusion is that for the most part the PRIV has gotten great reviews and accolades for design. I am sure that people have had problems as with all phones everyone is not going to be happy. I get that sometime to get something resolved you have to go to the forums but if you already switched then whats the point They can't help you at that point. I know that I had a problem with a Passport camera I bought online but it was on ATT and they replaced it even though I didn't buy it through them. I also bought an extended warranty on the Priv due to the cost and screen replacement cost. I sometimes think Blackberry takes heat because they have you go through the provider for repair but that is the same across providers not just BB. I will say the maybe I have been lucky my prove has been great yeah it heats up a bit but from all I have read WM fixes allot of that. Personally I agree that BB10 was excellent super smooth but even the all mighty Microsoft can't seem to convince people to change what hope would BB have
    05-12-16 10:49 AM
    05-12-16 10:54 AM
    I love the site and visit it often through the day I just find the amount of dislike to a brand odd. Maybe because most of the forums I belong too are Tech or Ham forums and they have less anger. Crackberry itself I like I think it's a good source of information
    05-12-16 12:03 PM
    CrackBerry is the coolest (friendliest) of all the mobile nation forums. Well, back in the days, sure it was.

Have you recently visited maybe android central's LG section? Great mentality over there too, without a doubt.

Same as with gaming console "wars", portable audio/media players. Too much hatred, without actual reason for it.
    05-12-16 12:59 PM
    "And not sure why you are comparing to the S7... the PRIV is more in the S6 category and should be compared to it as to performance and price."

I agree I only chose the comparison because that is what most people were listing. Indeed it was out 6 months before the S7 so one wouldn't expect the hardware to be the same.
    Price category wise puts it against the S7, at least for MSRP.
    05-12-16 01:30 PM

I'm on Verizon and no telling when they will release MM. Heck, they still don't have Visual Voicemail support for the Priv. I lost my patience when it bricked after doing the BB services update and really kinda panicked when I thought about being on a business trip and not having access to a cell phone that just frankly worked! It was more a matter of faith and security at that point for me and being that I was within my 14 day trial, I decided to return it and buy another phone on a different platform.
    05-12-16 03:18 PM
    A few on here (not mentioning names) People will always find a reason or an excuse to slam the Priv and / or BlackBerry. There are issues for small percentage of users absolutely but people need to relax. Look for solutions to fix or just leave BlackBerry (Priv) and these Priv forums.

I wonder what it is like going through life being bitter and complaining all the time?
    In real life off these forums how many people like to hang out with constant complainers ?
    I have to learn to ignore.

Posted via my Priv
    05-12-16 03:25 PM
  20. onehundreddollarpartyperson's Avatar
    The Priv has divided the Crackberry family.
    05-12-16 03:26 PM
    The Priv has divided the Crackberry family.
    I don't know what "family" are you referring to, it always have been a bunch of groups:

- You have one group of dinosaurs who insist they need BIS and it's a noble thing to be raped in the behind the carriers for data plan prices
    - You have the group who thinks BlackBerry is a liar and cheat for not releasing BB10 for their $99 Playbooks
    - You have the diehards on BB10 who insist going into the Android section and proclaim how they will never use anything but that, and how BlackBerry is dead to them, with mannerisms worse than the Morris Marina Owners Club
    - You have the doomsday evangelists / stock shorters who has invested interest to blow any "negative" news for BlackBerry out of proportion to advance their agenda, then saying how they are "realists."

Family? Maybe, but certainly just a dysfunctional one.

I know I'm not part of any family, just a passer-by looking for a keyboard phone.
    05-12-16 04:07 PM
    I don't know what "family" are you referring to, it always have been a bunch of groups:

- You have one group of dinosaurs who insist they need BIS and it's a noble thing to be raped in the behind the carriers for data plan prices
    - You have the group who thinks BlackBerry is a liar and cheat for not releasing BB10 for their $99 Playbooks
    - You have the diehards on BB10 who insist going into the Android section and proclaim how they will never use anything but that, and how BlackBerry is dead to them, with mannerisms worse than the Morris Marina Owners Club
    - You have the doomsday evangelists / stock shorters who has invested interest to blow any "negative" news for BlackBerry out of proportion to advance their agenda, then saying how they are "realists."

I know I'm not part of any family, just a passer-by looking for a keyboard phone.
    And then there is me... I LOVE BlackBerry... I LOVE BB10 as well as LOVED legacy devices... I like Android... I have alternated between Android and Windows for years... I like my Priv... Even more so do I like my Priv on Marshmallow... I just do not LOVE it... And still, I find my Classic and BB10 to continue to be my go to... The Priv is fine to pick up what I need it to, but, even with all the options at my fingertips, it's the Classic and BB10 mostly in my hands... No hate for the Priv and no hate to my beloved BlackBerry for doing what they felt they needed to in order to keep BlackBerry happening... I appreciate what they do and recognize their efforts to make Android a 'BlackBerry thing' too... And I happen to think they're doing Android pretty decently while attempting to keep some of BlackBerry present and that's great and all kinds of OK... I just like BlackBerry better when they are BlackBerry... A personal preference, not agenda laced in the slightest, just honest opinions as per my experiences with the platforms and devices... I just happen to like BB10 better... No hate or bitterness whatsoever, just I know what I like and then I know what I LOVE...

LOVED your closing statement by the way! Give me an immaculate PKB any day and I will be ecstatic! PKB Girl, always...

Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-12-16 at 05:30 PM.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-12-16 05:18 PM

To be fair and a realist....most families are dysfunctional to some degree!! I don't know too many that all use the exact same devices, and much less agree on everything. My fifty cents. My wife has been using her Q10 since it came out, and she swears by it, awesome little PKB device.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CrackBerry for Android
    05-12-16 08:21 PM
    To be fair and a realist....most families are dysfunctional to some degree!! I don't know too many that all use the exact same devices, and much less agree on everything. My fifty cents. My wife has been using her Q10 since it came out, and she swears by it, awesome little PKB device.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CrackBerry for Android
    Ah yes, how can you forget the in-laws Z30 fighting with the Passports.

Forgot the last group... the "vocal minority" within the BB10 "zealots" who always seem to be plotting to put sugar in John Chen's gas tank for trying to save the company, completely not considering the probability of getting Leo Apof**ker instead, who would not bother to give BB10 even 10 months of life, let alone 2 years, to immediately convert the company to a software solutions firm.
    05-12-16 10:13 PM
    I think it's also a little bit of lost hope from BB10 fans. You can only lose hope so many time:
    1. BB 10.2.1 is launched and users can install APKs. CB heralds the elimination of the app gap and now consumers will come to BB for the superior everything in BB10. Everyone was enthusiastic. And then reality set in and hope was crushed.
    2. BB 10.3 is launched alongside the classic and the passport. BB10 is finally mature, passport is the most innovative device EVER, the classic has a toolbelt and legacy users will come back. Everyone was hopeful. And that hope was lost
    3. The priv is previewed (well just a brief glimpse). Finally a high end BB10 device. Users might even enjoy the slider. Then more and more rumors start to appear that the priv is actually an Android device. Then you get hopeful people on the dual boot hype train and on the hypervisor train (what a funny wreck that was). Again hope was crushed.

People called people out as being naysayers on CB for not believing in BB10. It really hurt when the same naysayers actually became the realists when BB10 failed again and again. That can turn into the resentment you sometimes see here on CB.
    Troy Tiscareno and ubizmo like this.
    05-13-16 06:09 AM
32 12