I want to upgrade from my current Micro SD 128GB card to a larger 200GB card.

Is there a program that I can clone the contents of my current card to the new card, that is fast easy to duplicate?

Is there program to successfully clone SD cards for the Priv?

I am very interested in your feedback.....
    11-13-16 11:51 AM
    I just plug the old card into a USB 3.0 SD card reader, move everything onto my PC, replace it with the new card and move everything back.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-16 12:06 PM
    I want to upgrade from my current Micro SD 128GB card to a larger 200GB card.

Is there a program that I can clone the contents of my current card to the new card, that is fast easy to duplicate?

Is there program to successfully clone SD cards for the Priv?

I am very interested in your feedback.....
    I'd be interested too, OP. Currently have a 64GB microsd in my priv, would certainly be willing to increase that in the near future.
    11-13-16 12:07 PM
    I just plug the old card into a USB 3.0 SD card reader, move everything onto my PC, replace it with the new card and move everything back.
    I'm not sure if that works if you are using adoptable storage.
    11-13-16 12:07 PM
    I'm not sure if that works if you are using adoptable storage.
    If I'm correct about that, you may need an actual clone program.
    Macrium Reflect might work.
    11-13-16 12:09 PM
    There is no way to do it with adoptable storage.

Note that if you're not using adoptable storage the mount point will change, which means that some programs (e.g. music players) will have to be told once again where their data is.

Very few cards are actually fast enough on a sustained read/write basis, especially for anything other than the largest files, to saturate a USB 2.0 connection (480Mbps, which is ~60Megabytes/sec.)

There are a FEW cards fast enough to actually benefit from USB3.0, but not many.
    11-13-16 12:10 PM
    [QUOTE=tickerguy;12665067]There is no way to do it with adoptable storage.

/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure your wrong.
    A good cloning program should work.
    11-13-16 12:13 PM
    Ignoring the possibility of cloning software, I found some good instructions at: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...-a-new-sd-card

"Having a similar issue, I read through the comments to your question and ended up doing the following based on a hint suggested by Barleyman:

Go to Settings > Storage & USB � Internal Storage, click on "Migrate data" to move your data back to internal

In case you do not have enough space left on internal to move everything back (which was my case), here are some additionnal steps:

Connect the phone to a PC via USB and back-up the contents of the old "adopted" SD Card
    Manually delete enough data from the old SD Card to be able to do the move: typically pictures and videos that you can easily restore afterwards
    Click on "Migrate data" in Settings > Storage & USB � Internal Storage
    Check that the old "adopted" SD Card is now empty (or even format it back to "Portable") then eject it
    Insert the new SD Card and set it up as "Internal storage" and agree to move the data to it
    Eventually reconnect the phone to the PC via USB to restore manually deleted data"
    11-13-16 12:32 PM
    there is no way to do it with adoptable storage.
    i'm pretty sure your wrong.
    A good cloning program should work.
    Go ahead and try it, but be prepared to do a factory reset if your "cloning" operation attempts to rewrite the volume header so as to allow access to the increased space. :-)

I'm not certain this will hose you but I would expect it to.
    11-13-16 01:12 PM
    I'm with you. Not only is it a simple method that may take some time but it also provides one more backup copy of your music and photos and whatever else on your Computer. I use that computer copy of such stuff to "clone" my sd=card to new phones and tablets and laptops. Really can't have too many copies of some of my stuff.

I have a card reader attached to my computer - can be faster than trying to copy directly from the phone.
    11-13-16 01:15 PM
    Go ahead and try it, but be prepared to do a factory reset if your "cloning" operation attempts to rewrite the volume header so as to allow access to the increased space. :-)

I'm not certain this will hose you but I would expect it to.
    Yeah I guess I was forgetting that a really "pure" clone wouldn't increase the space.
    I'm still not 100% convinced that increasing the volume size would stop it from working, but we won't know unless someone tries it (I'm not going to because I have lots of room left on my current sd card).
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-16 01:22 PM