Anyone else look at speaker on your Priv and wonder what you do when the grill gets filled up with lint or dust?

My Z30 has almost twice the volume as my Priv.

Anyone know an easy way to clean out this speaker grill?
    11-05-16 09:57 AM
    Have you tried using a can of compressed air? Looking close at mine and it could probably use a cleaning too. I might try that today!
    11-05-16 10:14 AM
    Anyone else look at speaker on your Priv and wonder what you do when the grill gets filled up with lint or dust?

A gentle vacuum. I think compressed air might push stuff further in.

Or how about just taking some Scotch Tape and dabbing it over the grill. It might stick to some of the finer debris.

And just for info - the speaker is no where near as wide as the phone. The full pattern is just for appearances and symmetry. And I'm not sure where the actually speaker is located. Well, holding it to my ear, it sounds like it is off to the left.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-05-16 10:32 AM
    A gentle vacuum. I think compressed air might push stuff further in.

Or how about just taking some Scotch Tape and dabbing it over the grill. It might stick to some of the finer debris.

And just for info - the speaker is no where near as wide as the phone. The full pattern is just for appearances and symmetry. And I'm not sure where the actually speaker is located. Well, holding it to my ear, it sounds like it is off to the left.
    Yeap it is on the left side.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-05-16 12:13 PM
    Yes, gently use a vacuum, holding it several inches away with your fingers in front of the speaker grill, slowly inching the vacuum nozzle closer until you feel a slight vacuum on your fingers, move the fingers away and move the vacuum a little closer. You be the judge but too much vacuum can damage the protective cloth film that covers the speaker beneath the grill. I saw it when I had to disassemble my phone. I've been cleaning the speakers on my tablets and phones like this for years with excellent results. Compressed air can force debris into the phone. I'd rather remove debris than move it around. If you do decide to use compressed air, be very careful as it can damage the speaker cloth cover as well, if the pressure is too high.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-05-16 12:54 PM

I use scotch tape for cleaning the grill. It pulls the dirt from the grill .
    FF22 and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-05-16 03:18 PM
    Maybe a sticky note, when done with.
    11-05-16 07:30 PM
    Maybe a sticky note, when done with.
    Attached Thumbnails Cleaning speaker grill on Priv-83426.jpg  
    11-05-16 08:54 PM